The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Thats where he should be played every game, forget shifting him out to the wing, play him behind the forwards.

Probably, but you've got Ballack, Lampard, Deco, etc. But he could really pull strings in there.

Deco doesn't really need to play. He's been very rubbish for them.

It's fairly easy for teams to defend against him in this league. If you put any sort of pressure on him he doesn't get the time to influence a game like he likes to. Shame because I think technically he also is a cracking player, the game just passes him by all too easily.

You're forgetting the part where he doesn't close down, tackle or generally show any effort other than we he has the ball. Whatever legs he once had have departed him.

Guest Stephen927

Thats where he should be played every game, forget shifting him out to the wing, play him behind the forwards.

Probably, but you've got Ballack, Lampard, Deco, etc. But he could really pull strings in there.

Deco doesn't really need to play. He's been very rubbish for them.

It's fairly easy for teams to defend against him in this league. If you put any sort of pressure on him he doesn't get the time to influence a game like he likes to. Shame because I think technically he also is a cracking player, the game just passes him by all too easily.

You're forgetting the part where he doesn't close down, tackle or generally show any effort other than we he has the ball. Whatever legs he once had have departed him.

Your first sentence just shows why he has failed at Chelsea, it's a requirement of all their players to do those things it's why they're so good.

Am I fucking blind? Didn't Sidwell win the ball there?

Went straight through the player. Winning the ball or not, that's a foul. 

Can't see how it was any worse than David James's tackle there.

James won the ball.

Am I fucking blind? Didn't Sidwell win the ball there?

Went straight through the player. Winning the ball or not, that's a foul. 

Can't see how it was any worse than David James's tackle there.

James won the ball.

They both won the ball, man!

Guest firetotheworks

You could put two solid midfielders on Lampard and he'd still run the show with ease. Easily the closest thing to Zidane in the world right now.

PFFFFFFFFT!

I havent read the rest of the pages yet, but I'll happily bite at that. Funniest thing I've read all day.

Not that I dont rate Lampard mind.

I know they were playing Chelsea and the reality was that they had zero chance of getting back in the game, but I love how fat sam publicly slagged his players off for daring to take it upon themselves to try and attack and score some goals to get back in the game. Dickhead.