The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest neesy111

i see can't believe ppl think arsenal have no chance of the title

Aye because it's the games against Bolton which really test a championship-winning team :thup:

They blow it too much in the big games, they just aren't a consideration for me - Chelsea or Man U are more consistent.

doesn't matter how well you do against the big teams, if u lose those games and end up with more points than them end of the season, and that's what arsenal are doing unlike previous seasons winning against the teams they usually would not have, they'll beat united next week imo as utd have been dreadful for around a month and we're quite lucky again yesterday

i see can't believe ppl think arsenal have no chance of the title

Aye because it's the games against Bolton which really test a championship-winning team :thup:

They blow it too much in the big games, they just aren't a consideration for me - Chelsea or Man U are more consistent.

If Arsenal win their game in hand they'll go ahead of Man U, I reckon they can still win it.  Every team has looked a little dodgy at points this season.

It's just a guess but I think Guardiola gave Busquets loads of playing time this season because he knew he'd need him now with Toure and Keita at the ACN

One of the things he said in preseason is that he sees Busquets as a player in the mold of himself, a deep-lying playmaker but with better defensive attributes than he had. He seems to rate his creativity a lot (I don't, but he's won a treble and I finished second bottom in the college league).

Guest neesy111

also VI how do barcelona have such a high debt, despite spending nothing like real and many of it's players through the youth system? and how the hell can they afford this new stadium extension or even new stadium which they are looking at?

Guest DarkSchneider

Even if Cesc leaves, I think that Ramsey has enough quality to replace him. Every time I saw him I was impressed. He can shoot, pass, dribble and I think he's pretty unpredictable.

also VI how do barcelona have such a high debt, despite spending nothing like real and many of it's players through the youth system? and how the hell can they afford this new stadium extension or even new stadium which they are looking at?

The club was almost bankrupt when the current board took over, we had to refinance a lot of debt and we are still carrying it. Also, our net spend is actually high, it's just that we sign a lot of crap and have to end up playing the kids instead  :lol:

Think of it, players like Hleb, Henrique, Keirrison, Cáceres... cost us 60m combined these two years and none is at the club.

Guest Heneage

VI you know the players Arsenal have stole from you, such as Fabregas Merida, and even Pique at Manchester, were these players highly rated and expected to progress? Were they earmarked like Ranger and Airey are for us.

Guest neesy111

arsenal's squad depth is excellent, the amount of players that can slot in a give a performance is excellent, i think they need a world class GK and striker, and arsenal will have a squad than can compete on all front's

Guest neesy111

The club was almost bankrupt when the current board took over, we had to refinance a lot of debt and we are still carrying it. Also, our net spend is actually high, it's just that we sign a lot of crap and have to end up playing the kids instead  :lol:

Think of it, players like Hleb, Henrique, Keirrison, Cáceres... cost us 60m combined these two years and none is at the club.

geez, i'm sure u have a load of players you could sell and generate 30-40M worth quite easily

you's have been lucky with the amount of players your youth system create's

when does laporta leave, and what are your thoughts of his era, i know it's been a very successful one, but I know their's been problems behind the scene's

Guest palnese

arsenal's squad depth is excellent, the amount of players that can slot in a give a performance is excellent, i think they need a world class GK and striker, and arsenal will have a squad than can compete on all front's

[/quote

Add someone like Yaya Toure to that and I think they'd be unstoppable.

Fuck me, the presenter of ITV news this evening.

"Goals from Sess Fabregrasc and Fran Meridra kept the pressure on Chelsea and Manchester United, whilst Aston Villa missed the chance to climb up from 6th place, Gabriel Agbombalore guilty of missing some good chances."

:lol:

Guest neesy111

[/quote

Add someone like Yaya Toure to that and I think they'd be unstoppable.

barcelona v arsenal in champions league final is what i want again

VI you know the players Arsenal have stole from you, such as Fabregas Merida, and even Pique at Manchester, were these players highly rated and expected to progress? Were they earmarked like Ranger and Airey are for us.

Cesc was rated very highly, yes. Mérida and Piqué were more under the radar.

I don't hold these players any grudge for leaving, mind, they thought they would have it harder in here to break into the squad and for all accounts it worked for them going abroad.

geez, i'm sure u have a load of players you could sell and generate 30-40M worth quite easily

when does laporta leave, and what are your thoughts of his era, i know it's been a very successful one, but I know their's been problems behind the scene's

I think he's a cunt, but him or his advisors have unleashed the most successful era of the club so what can I say? I'm pretty scared about the elections, we'll see what we get but last time we came off a successful regime we elected that useless twat Gaspart that ran us into the ground. Haven't decided my vote, but I can see myself voting to the candidate that is able to gather around most of Laporta's team.

Guest neesy111

I think he's a cunt, but him or his advisors have unleashed the most successful era of the club so what can I say? I'm pretty scared about the elections, we'll see what we get but last time we came off a successful regime we elected that useless twat Gaspart that ran us into the ground. Haven't decided my vote, but I can see myself voting to the candidate that is able to gather around most of Laporta's team.

so your a member of the club then, what advantages does the membership scheme have etc?

I think he's a c***, but him or his advisors have unleashed the most successful era of the club so what can I say? I'm pretty scared about the elections, we'll see what we get but last time we came off a successful regime we elected that useless t*** Gaspart that ran us into the ground. Haven't decided my vote, but I can see myself voting to the candidate that is able to gather around most of Laporta's team.

so your a member of the club then, what advantages does the membership scheme have etc?

Not many to be honest. Discounted tickets for games (and not a big discount), free entrance to games of the youth teams and other sections (handball, roller hockey, etc...), a magazine I never read... I do it mostly as a matter of pride. Of course you get to vote and you can get elected (by lottery) to the general assembly that's held during preseason.

Guest neesy111

Sergio Asenjo, who was *this* close to being Barça's GK this season is really having a dreadful season at Atlético, he just gifted one of the stupidest penalties ever.

another question, is why have barca always depended on valdes, he's very good on his day but is error prone

Sergio Asenjo, who was *this* close to being Barça's GK this season is really having a dreadful season at Atlético, he just gifted one of the stupidest penalties ever.

another question, is why have barca always depended on valdes, he's very good on his day but is error prone

He doesn't do as many mistakes as he used to do. Thing is, we struggled to establish a goalkeeper for 10 years since Zubizarreta retired... and Valdés works well enough for us. He's won us points and trophies so even though there might be better goalies out there, given that people like Reina failed at Barça (not that he isn't talented, but believe me that Barça's goal was like an electric chair back then, we ate goalkeepers like they were candy) we aren't taking risks.

Guest neesy111

He doesn't do as many mistakes as he used to do. Thing is, we struggled to establish a goalkeeper for 10 years since Zubizarreta retired... and Valdés works well enough for us. He's won us points and trophies so even though there might be better goalies out there, given that people like Reina failed at Barça (not that he isn't talented, but believe me that Barça's goal was like an electric chair back then, we ate goalkeepers like they were candy) we aren't taking risks.

god just seen it, what the hell was he doing!

Cameroon are f***ing s****. Not even joking when I say Geremi who is playing at right back is easlily one of the best passers in there side....................GEREMI has scored as I was typing & it was flukey goal.

Makoun & M'Bia = s****