Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

It's pretty irrelevant, but he should be nowhere near set pieces IMO.

Wut.

:dontknow:

I find his corners to be poor and his direct free kicks borderline pointless.

I'm sorry to drag this into a football discussion for a moment but I can't let this go - he made the most assists and created the most goalscoring opportunities from set pieces of anyone in the league last year http://twitter.com/#!/OptaJoe/status/73386164031197185 :lol:

True but never scored one direct free kick.

Cabaye looks from his goals and set pieces in France to be better, so why not try him in friendlies to see how good he actually is, is Joey so vain that someone else is not allowed to take any ?

Would Man United stand for this? No.

In all honesty, Man Utd have got rid of plenty of players who haven't adhered to the club culture in the past and, as far as I can tell,, fans have generally supported this stance.

Its more the anti-glazer protests. far more aggressive than ours

Ashley can do anything to us. We cry for a week or two, then its all back to normal again. He knows this, he realised it after the Keegan stuff. It would be interesting to see how other sets of fans would react in the same situation. Rooney threatens to leave Man Utd and masked men are threatening him outside his house. I still havent a clue how Ashley even gets in the fuckin ground!

Guest north shields lad

We as fans are a soft touch. We always have been. We should of ran the other 2 out of town when they called us idiots, and called our women dogs. And now Mr Ashley.

Why will there be more protestd against the owners by Manchester united fans than us? Manchester United wouldnt let them get away with this. Neither would Liverpool fans.

We are soft fuckers, hence why the boycot Mike Ashley thread, which was the best on here was blocked. You get what you deserve in this game, and NUFC deserve f*** all.

You're certainly soft in the head.

But ive been more newcastle matches than you have had hot dinners. (are you somalian)

why don't you stop buying season tickets and stop lining cockney spiv's wallet then?

I am 39. I have had a ST since i was 15. I have not renewed this year, i will still go the aways and renew when he no longer owns the club.

It's pretty irrelevant, but he should be nowhere near set pieces IMO.

Wut.

:dontknow:

I find his corners to be poor and his direct free kicks borderline pointless.

I'm sorry to drag this into a football discussion for a moment but I can't let this go - he made the most assists and created the most goalscoring opportunities from set pieces of anyone in the league last year http://twitter.com/#!/OptaJoe/status/73386164031197185 :lol:

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

I don't rate his set pieces all that highly, simple as that. He's an upgrade on many in the past in he can beat the first man and actually deliver it in the general vicinity of the box on a reasonably consistent basis. However, I NEVER feel confident when he steps up on direct set pieces and a large part of the success from his indirect set piece delivery last season was down to the centre forward he was hitting. He's alright, but for the amount that he takes I'd wager Cabaye (and arguably Jonas) would be better options.

All opinion of course.

I don't think much of his direct free kicks but I do think that his delivery from wide areas, be it from free kicks, corners or open play, is excellent.

first half of season yes, 2nd half most certainly not

I agree with Heza's post largely but don't agree with the Liverpool and Man United bits. If they followed a shit team who was stuck with Mike Ashley in charge they'd be able to do about as much about it as we have.

Luckily for them for the most part they have fuck all to moan about and even when they do get a shit owner they're big enough and rich enough for somebody better to be clammering to buy the club. At the end of the day despite all their bitching and whining they're still owned by the Glazers and are still winning things. Boo hoo.

Guest bimpy474

In all honesty, Man Utd have got rid of plenty of players who haven't adhered to the club culture in the past and, as far as I can tell,, fans have generally supported this stance.

Ashley can do anything to us. We cry for a week or two, then its all back to normal again. He knows this, he realised it after the Keegan stuff. It would be interesting to see how other sets of fans would react in the same situation. Rooney threatens to leave Man Utd and masked men are threatening him outside his house. I still havent a clue how Ashley even gets in the fuckin ground!

Because what they did is pathetic and we have more pride and self control to rise above shit like that ?

We as fans are a soft touch. We always have been. We should of ran the other 2 out of town when they called us idiots, and called our women dogs. And now Mr Ashley.

Why will there be more protestd against the owners by Manchester united fans than us? Manchester United wouldnt let them get away with this. Neither would Liverpool fans.

We are soft fuckers, hence why the boycot Mike Ashley thread, which was the best on here was blocked. You get what you deserve in this game, and NUFC deserve f*** all.

You're certainly soft in the head.

But ive been more newcastle matches than you have had hot dinners. (are you somalian)

why don't you stop buying season tickets and stop lining cockney spiv's wallet then?

I am 39. I have had a ST since i was 15. I have not renewed this year, i will still go the aways and renew when he no longer owns the club.

Fine, that's your prerogative, but having been to more games than a Somalian or an Egytpian doesn't necessarily mean you're right and the other lad's wrong. Just saying.

I agree with Heza's post largely but don't agree with the Liverpool and Man United bits. If they followed a s*** team who was stuck with Mike Ashley in charge they'd be able to do about as much about it as we have.

Luckily for them for the most part they have f*** all to moan about and even when they do get a s*** owner they're big enough and rich enough for somebody better to be clammering to buy the club. At the end of the day despite all their bitching and whining they're still owned by the Glazers and are still winning things. Boo hoo.

You're right they do have fuck all to moan about. I guess it's all just theoretical how other clubs would react - but I certainly don't think that we, as supporters of the club, have done our best to make Mike Ashley feel unwelcome.

Because what they did is pathetic and we have more pride and self control to rise above s*** like that ?

Totally agree. Doesn't really help us though. Im just struggling to think of a situation where Ashley would be forced to leave. He's like a fuckin cockroach

Guest bimpy474

Because what they did is pathetic and we have more pride and self control to rise above s*** like that ?

Totally agree. Doesn't really help us though. Im just struggling to think of a situation where Ashley would be forced to leave. He's like a fuckin cockroach

I'd say more like a barnacle, fecker just wont let go.

I cant fathom why he just doesn't sell, all the stick he gets and yet no hint of selling, either he is trying but asking too much or just wont sell, our club has become his own little toy, sadly.

I agree with Heza's post largely but don't agree with the Liverpool and Man United bits. If they followed a s*** team who was stuck with Mike Ashley in charge they'd be able to do about as much about it as we have.

Luckily for them for the most part they have f*** all to moan about and even when they do get a s*** owner they're big enough and rich enough for somebody better to be clammering to buy the club. At the end of the day despite all their bitching and whining they're still owned by the Glazers and are still winning things. Boo hoo.

You're right they do have fuck all to moan about. I guess it's all just theoretical how other clubs would react - but I certainly don't think that we, as supporters of the club, have done our best to make Mike Ashley feel unwelcome.

He got to the point where he put the club up for sale. Only unlike when Liverpool fans did that to their yanks there was nobody ready to come in and buy the club.

Guest hobshobs

Spent a few hours on the various toon sites tonight and honestly we really do have a percentage of real tossers on these boards who just can't face the facts.

Three players Nolan, Barton and Enrique were part of the squad that got us relegated. Just a personal opinion but Nolan is too slow and I'm quite happy that he has gone, but Barton and Enrique over the last season or so have hit something like the form that they should have been producing on a weekly basis to justify the money they are on. They see that as a bargaining tool to get improved lengthy contracts. Get bloody stuffed. What it actualy means is at last your form warrants something close to the money you are on.

Just listened to Willie w***** McKay on his TalkSport interview. More or less saying that Joey was responsible for moving Andy Carroll into the £35 million bracket. Aye Willie, lets see Joey do the same for Lovenkrands and Shola, not a cat in hells chance.

Reading posts on various boards you'd think McKay is at war with the Newcastle management. He actually says during the interview: "I'm not going to slag off Mike Ashley and Derek Lambias they stuck by Joey when he was really under pressure." Haven't seen that talked about too much.

Then I read that Harper and Smith going with the reserves tomorrow means they're next on the hit list. Well so what. They're both crap. Nobody has come in for Harper with a serious bid, even when understudy to Given, so that speaks volumes. Smith was finished years ago.

We had two of the shittest strikers in Premier League history playing alongside each other last season. Doubt we could even give them away. Yet I read this s*** that we must not boo anybody in black and white. Garbage. I put more effort in following my team, going to and from the match than either of these two do during 90 minutes.

We are a bloody joke. A support that sings the praises of a guy who has no footballing talent whatsoever, look half asleep at the best of times and so on. Scores a few penalties against Sunderland and all is forgiven. It's time we all woke up.

Stay loyal to the black and white stripes yes. Players have to earn that loyalty. Enrique, Barton and Nolan love this club. Aye right. They'll love it as long as their wage packet is at a level they want. If not, see ya lads.

I think we could have a good season if we get the couple of players in we are talking about signing. However, if the mood turns ugly, which is the way many here seem to be advocating, then that makes relegation seem much more of a likelihood than it did last week. Maybe that would make some people happy as they would be vindicated. Would it get rid of Ashley? Would it fuck.

Spent a few hours on the various toon sites tonight and honestly we really do have a percentage of real tossers on these boards who just can't face the facts.

Three players Nolan, Barton and Enrique were part of the squad that got us relegated. Just a personal opinion but Nolan is too slow and I'm quite happy that he has gone, but Barton and Enrique over the last season or so have hit something like the form that they should have been producing on a weekly basis to justify the money they are on. They see that as a bargaining tool to get improved lengthy contracts. Get bloody stuffed. What it actualy means is at last your form warrants something close to the money you are on.

Just listened to Willie w***** McKay on his TalkSport interview. More or less saying that Joey was responsible for moving Andy Carroll into the £35 million bracket. Aye Willie, lets see Joey do the same for Lovenkrands and Shola, not a cat in hells chance.

Reading posts on various boards you'd think McKay is at war with the Newcastle management. He actually says during the interview: "I'm not going to slag off Mike Ashley and Derek Lambias they stuck by Joey when he was really under pressure." Haven't seen that talked about too much.

Then I read that Harper and Smith going with the reserves tomorrow means they're next on the hit list. Well so what. They're both crap. Nobody has come in for Harper with a serious bid, even when understudy to Given, so that speaks volumes. Smith was finished years ago.

We had two of the shittest strikers in Premier League history playing alongside each other last season. Doubt we could even give them away. Yet I read this s*** that we must not boo anybody in black and white. Garbage. I put more effort in following my team, going to and from the match than either of these two do during 90 minutes.

We are a bloody joke. A support that sings the praises of a guy who has no footballing talent whatsoever, look half asleep at the best of times and so on. Scores a few penalties against Sunderland and all is forgiven. It's time we all woke up.

Stay loyal to the balck and white stripes yes. Players have to earn that loyalty. Enrique, Barton and Nolan love this club. Aye right. They'll love as long as their wage packet is at a level they want. If not, see ya lads.

That's an awful lot of text to write without actually coming to any point or opinion. :lol:

You're right they do have f*** all to moan about. I guess it's all just theoretical how other clubs would react - but I certainly don't think that we, as supporters of the club, have done our best to make Mike Ashley feel unwelcome.

He got to the point where he put the club up for sale. Only unlike when Liverpool fans did that to their yanks there was nobody ready to come in and buy the club.

Makes you wonder how much he was actually trying to sell though. I don't know what to think/believe about the board anymore other than negative and pessimistic thoughts. I was building a belief that this summer he'd spend some of the Carroll money and we'd really kick on. I told my friends of this belief. This belief has been removed and now I'll be mocked. I'm not optimistic about the board anymore and I'm not happy.

Stay loyal to the balck and white stripes yes. Players have to earn that loyalty. Enrique, Barton and Nolan love this club. Aye right. They'll love as long as their wage packet is at a level they want. If not, see ya lads.

That's an awful lot of text to write without actually coming to any point or opinion. :lol:

It still contained more logic than most of the other posts put together.

Stay loyal to the black and white stripes yes. Players have to earn that loyalty. Enrique, Barton and Nolan love this club. Aye right. They'll love as long as their wage packet is at a level they want. If not, see ya lads.

Being shit is not a reason to boo them. If we have shit players, its the management and the owners to blame, not the players themselves. If they lack effort, fair enough, but I wouldn't say Shola for example lacks effort.

On the other hand, the reaction to Geremi's last touch of the ball in a Newcastle shirt probably got him out of the club.

Guest bimpy474

B effort  :thup: and C for attainment  ??? and fuckin Z for spelling young man  :angry:.

:laugh: