Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

We can reveal Barton initially refused to play in that game after being told he would not be captain.

What a pile of s****.

Aye, Barton definitely wouldn't refuse to play a game, captain or not. Nice stuff from the Sun once again :clap:

could be bull could be true but the Sun is saying he initially refused to play yesterday after finding out he wasn't captain and has had a bust up with Pardew

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3727354/Twits-all-over-as-Newcastle-boot-out-Joey-Barton.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3727252/The-Twit-hits-the-fan-Joey-Barton-in-new-amazing-Newcastle-crisis.html

This ones better, reckon Barton wanted more money after agreeing a new contract, money feckin money all along, if you believe this which we wont i'm guessing.

That second one is written in a journalistic style that makes me want to cry. That's awful writing.

It starts as a hard news story, dips dramatically into opinion, slips back into hard news and then back into opinion.

Guest bimpy474

We can reveal Barton initially refused to play in that game after being told he would not be captain.

What a pile of s****.

Barton definitely wouldn't refuse to play a game, captain or not. Nice stuff from the Sun once again :clap:

While i would agree with you, how the hell would you know that though ?  bluerazz.gif

Guest bimpy474

could be bull could be true but the Sun is saying he initially refused to play yesterday after finding out he wasn't captain and has had a bust up with Pardew

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3727354/Twits-all-over-as-Newcastle-boot-out-Joey-Barton.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3727252/The-Twit-hits-the-fan-Joey-Barton-in-new-amazing-Newcastle-crisis.html

This ones better, reckon Barton wanted more money after agreeing a new contract, money feckin money all along, if you believe this which we wont i'm guessing.

That second one is written in a journalistic style that makes me want to cry. That's awful writing.

It starts as a hard news story, dips dramatically into opinion, slips back into hard news and then back into opinion.

Tbf it is The Sun, the only shock is it isn't written in crayon.

Guest bimpy474

I did think it was weird that he wasn't captain like.

This where things we dont know about have been going on, a total guess but maybe barton has been a bit narky and Pardew felt he shouldn't be skipper, like i say though were not going to know nothing about whats been happening.

What a pile of s****.

Barton definitely wouldn't refuse to play a game, captain or not. Nice stuff from the Sun once again :clap:

While i would agree with you, how the hell would you know that thoughbluerazz.gif

Touché :razz:

Guest hobshobs

I like how we stand by Barton when he went to prison, but this is the final straw :lol:

"The law breaking and being banged up I could take Joey, but saying nasty things about us on Twitter?! I'M NOT HAVING ANY OF THAT! GET OUT!"

True, and funny.

I've been a supporter from far - from the states, roughly 15 years of my life I've followed this club...I get right p*ssed off when I read what goes on over there in regards to the mismanagment of such a beautiful and brilliant club, it aches my heart - I can't imagine what it does to you all in the city or near, born and bred Geordies who've given much more than I have to the club.  I've done the best I could with the money I have and the resources available to me (tv channels, ppv, internet) to be able to able to watch or listen to nearly ever match.

Today is the first day I'm really just tired of it all, falling out of love with the game. Its the whole lot - the contracts, the twitter, the anti-board, the pro-board, everything.  

For the first time in ages, at the beginning of the summer when we were making a dash with signings I felt excited...just to be kicked in the f'ng teeth again by not only Joey Barton, but those running the club.

Oh Newcastle United, you absolutely rip us to shreds every single time we have any optimism don't you?

Chin up Kanji86. This is all the doing of players who think they warrant improved long term contracts. Players who know there days in the team were numbered, etc.

Yes, we could have done without this but I'm still hopeful we'll see a faster moving Newcastle United next season with more pace and attitude. We will be watching players who are happy to give there all for the agreeed sum they have been offered. Not moan and whine that they deserve more.

Guest bimpy474

What a pile of s****.

While i would agree with you, how the hell would you know that thoughbluerazz.gif

It is something I would like to believe is very true.

Me too, but if what is being alluded too, asking for more money, tantrums about captaincy and set pieces, he's looking a right tit, loves the club ? hmmm. not if that lots true.

What a pile of s****.

Me too, but if what is being alluded too, asking for more money, tantrums about captaincy and set pieces, he's looking a right tit, loves the club ? hmmm. not if that lots true.

Well one of his tweets did say that he would support whoever was captain and that he would concentrate on doing his utmost best for the team.

I prefer the usual way round, get no signings early in the window then a late flurry to restore some optimism, this way round all we have is rampant (and warranted) pessimism, bloody atrocious conduct from all involved, i genuinely beleive Barton wants to play for NUFC more than any other prem club, but only on his terms, which is rather large pinch of salt, on the other hand i dont think Mike understands or gives a fuck.

Guest hobshobs

What a pile of s****.

Well one of his tweets did say that he would support whoever was captain and that he would concentrate on doing his utmost best for the team.

Yes, but Shola getting the captaincy would be enough to send anybody over the edge.

Whether the stories about Barton refusing to play or rowing with Pardew are true or not, such stories will be fed to the media in order to quell fan disquiet and try and turn them against Barton.  They have done with it with Keegan, Shearer, Given, Nolan and Carroll.  It is Barton's turn now.

I think it is interesting that the odd player comments seem to be supportive of Barton.  He was certainly a favourite with the younger players.

Just sad its come to this, both sides must take their share of the blame for the  embarrassing headlines for the club. Now it has happened best for all if Barton moves as soon as possible . Then the  club can some how move on .

Guest bimpy474

What a pile of s****.

:sadnod:

What a pile of s****.

Yes, but Shola getting the captaincy would be enough to send anybody over the edge.

Ha, indeed.

Whether the stories about Barton refusing to play or rowing with Pardew are true or not, such stories will be fed to the media in order to quell fan disquiet and try and turn them against Barton.  They have done with it with Keegan, Shearer, Given, Nolan and Carroll.  It is Barton's turn now.

I think it is interesting that the odd player comments seem to be supportive of Barton.  He was certainly a favourite with the younger players.

Coloccini can fuck off, the greedy curly haired cunt.

Sorry, just getting some practice in for next summer.

Here is the said tweet:

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

I'm happy for Colo and it's probably the correct decision given my precarious contract situation, gives stability. I'll be a leader without

an armband and I'll be there for Colo as well as all the lads regardless, selfishly it let's me concentrate on playing well every week #NUFC

Guest bimpy474

I dont buy that propaganda stuff, it just too awkward to do if you dont control the whole media and every reporter, there is blame on both sides for me, if Ashley stays then its best Barton leaves, if Ashley was going then brilliant but hes not, so option one is the goer  :weep:

Guest bimpy474

Here is the said tweet:

I'm happy for Colo and it's probably the correct decision given my precarious contract situation, gives stability. I'll be a leader without

an armband and I'll be there for Colo as well as all the lads regardless, selfishly it let's me concentrate on playing well every week #NUFC

If he did kick off then that tweet shows how much of a brat he can be, ok until his own way is not given to him.

I reckon he's been like a slow boiling kettle for a few weeks and Sunday he boiled over, supporting this club is sometimes unfunny.

Here is the said tweet:

If he did kick off then that tweet shows how much of a brat he can be, ok until his own way is not given to him.

I reckon he's been like a slow boiling kettle for a few weeks and Sunday he boiled over, supporting this club is sometimes unfunny.

He's been like that since he opened his Twitter account tbh. As long as he doesn't talk about club matters, he can be a laugh on Twitter really.

Guest bimpy474

Here is the said tweet:

He's been like that since he opened his Twitter account tbh. As long as he doesn't talk about club matters, he can be a laugh on Twitter really.

So true, some of his exchanges were brilliant, funny and made me like him more and more.

Guest magpie99

OK, here is my take on all this.

The "boys club" is slowly but surely being disbanded by Ashley. Quite right too, when you consider what has been going on. I dont think anyone on here would disagree with the sale of Nolan considering his demands and Barton is turning out to be a troublesome influence. Enrique too.

Fromlast season, we have lost Carroll, Nolan, Campbell, Kuqi, Routledge from the squad and effectively, Barton is now on his way too. I think someone like a Stoke or Wigan might pick him up for free. Furthermore, we cannot shift the likes of Xisco, Perch and Smith who are basically surplus to requirements. Ranger wont go and it seems he is surplus too. It looks like Kadar and other kids may be loaned out. Lua Lua is also gone.

Coming in, we have Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba and Abeid (who is more of one for the future). We have Gosling and HBA coming back. We seem to be promoting some of the kids like Fergusin, Vuckic and Tavernier to the senior squad .

We have now got the most paper thin squad in the PL and with our record of injuries, you have to say that if Pardew doesnt go out and buy at least 5 players in the next month, we are in for a long hard season.

Ashley MUST see the danger signs and therefore has to release substantial funds for the following:

two left backs, one a capable back up

One centre half

one right midfielder

one goalscorer

It seems as though mostof our targetrs have turned us down so here is my list:

Sell Forster to Celtic for 2 million and buy Isaguirre from them for an additionaL 3 million

Buy Warnock from Villa as a back up left back for one million

Get Upson from WHU on a free transfer as the 4th CH

Sign Barnetta for 5 million pounds (ony a year left on his contract.

Sign Long from Reading for 5 million pounds

Total expenditure - 14 million pounds - Salry costs per year approximately 9 million pounds per annum

Outgoings

Routledge to Swansea - 2 million

Instead of a loan, sell Lua Lua to Brighton for 2 million

Barton to anyone for free

Forster salary costs

Kadar loan salary savings 50%

Total income and savings = 4 million -salary savings 5.5 million per annum

That little lot will cost Ashley approximately 13.5 million.

He has no other choice now but to spend or else we are in deep shit.