Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was offered 100k a week as he is on a free.

Fernandes is trying to make a huge statement down there

Guest bimpy474

Yeah, long term security is vital because he has a familiy. Sure, after having earned millions and millions the years before.

How much do you think he has saved or put into a pension fund?

A feckin lot more than most of us thats for sure, bet our houses aren't worth a £1M plus either, footballers now earn money that is off the board, they never have to work again if they have a least 1 brain cell.

I honestly don't know whether Joey has a positive or detrimental effect on team spirit? I like the guy, but can completely understand why others don't.

I wouldn't be surprised if some players are happy to see the back of him. But then you sometimes need a player who annoys his team mates, as long as it's because he's pressurising them to give 100%.

Guest reefatoon

If QPR offer him any kind of decent long term contract he will have to go.

What is he 29? If he gets injured this season without securing a deal he is toast.

Nail on head

"He has a family now long term security is vital"

The is fernandes marquee signing and they will throw a 5 year massive bucks contract at him

He is gone

Please do not blame him, when you take your b&w spectacles off if is the ONLY decision

Haha, "he has a family now, long term security is vital"  Are you for real?  He hasn't been on a yts scheme up here for the last 4 years you know!  I have a feeling his family might be ok either way, even if his missus has to sell off one of her multitude of 4x4's, I am sure the poor little Barton child will not be begging.

Haha, I don't know, makes me chuckle!

Guest sicko2ndbest

100k per week man :lol:

Jonny im deadly serious!

It is ridiculous, but they could claim, with a fair amount if truth, that they have signed Englands best midfielder from last season

Well duh, of course he's given PERMISSION to speak. Doesn't mean he'll be insane enough to go there. I'm not worried.

I wouldn't be worried if he did, he's been distinctly average for quite a few games now and his free kicks are crap.

Do you think that maybe part of the reason he's been arguably below par (not sure I agree but it's certainly debatable) is because of the way this club's idiot hierarchy have treated him? That perhaps morale is more of a problem than the ability which he showed for large parts of last year?

I don't know, was morale a problem for his first 3 years here?  What most people seem to forget is that he's been here for 4 years and been good for about half a season.  I think he can be a good player when he's really fired up, he can also do idiotic things.  Like I said I'd prefer to keep him as a squad player, but he's not a player I'd be gutted to see go.  I'd still be disappointed if he did go and we didn't replace him though.

I personally think he is a big part of why we have 4 points on the board already. He has worth beyond his "free kicks", he's a leader on the pitch whatever anyone thinks of his behavior past and present and a lot of the players in our team respond to him. That he has done stupid things in the past and not provided value commensurate to what we paid for him in fees and wages is obvious. That he today is worth a lot more than being pushed out the door to bloody QPR is also obvious IMHO.

good post. he's only been good for the last year is a pathetic argument for wanting rid of him, if the form was the other way around i could see the logic, otherwise it's idiotic.

we simply should not be forcing a first team player out of the club. especially not one who consistently performs well, gives 100%, has a very good recent fitness record, inspires the team and fans and has been important to our good start to the season.

oh but we have to pay him wages to play football? ok, give him away and make another team in the league stronger in the process.

fucking stupid cunts man.

I don't think the long term security thing is that ridiculous TBH.

Aye, Barton is set for life and the lives of his children now anyway, but no matter what your career is it's natural to want to make sure you maximise your earnings and take advantage of opportunities to put yourself in a good position.

Of course Barton doesn't actually need the security of a long contract, but it's only sensible for him to take one if it's offered by QPR.

What is he 29? If he gets injured this season without securing a deal he is toast.

Nail on head

The is fernandes marquee signing and they will throw a 5 year massive bucks contract at him

He is gone

Please do not blame him, when you take your b&w spectacles off if is the ONLY decision

Haha, "he has a family now, long term security is vital"  Are you for real?  He hasn't been on a yts scheme up here for the last 4 years you know!  I have a feeling his family might be ok either way, even if his missus has to sell off one of her multitude of 4x4's, I am sure the poor little Barton child will not be begging.

Schools, friends, being settled in a home? They are still human, look beyond money.

I'm sure QPR are looking to make a big statement of intent, so Barton can probably ask for whatever he wants and will likely get it. Annoys the piss out of me that a crappy little club like QPR with about 12k fans (inflated to 20k for the premier league) now have an owner come in ready to spend whatever it takes. We have 50k most weeks and a hard core of about 35-40k and we get the one billonaire who wants to spend whatever he finds down the back of his couch. We won't even spend what we bring in apparently...wasn't that the whole remit? no capital outlay, we can only spend what we generate? where's our f***ing left back and striker you cheap tw@ts???

Guest reefatoon

100k per week man :lol:

Jonny im deadly serious!

Haha, please stop, me sides are killing!  Barton - £100k a week . . . . Best midfielder in England, bwahahaha. Keep reading those tabloids fella.

It is ridiculous, but they could claim, with a fair amount if truth, that they have signed Englands best midfielder from last season

Guest sicko2ndbest

Nail on head

He is gone

Haha, "he has a family now, long term security is vital"  Are you for real?  He hasn't been on a yts scheme up here for the last 4 years you know!  I have a feeling his family might be ok either way, even if his missus has to sell off one of her multitude of 4x4's, I am sure the poor little Barton child will not be begging.

You live in fantasy land mate.

If it was a case of earning 1 million a year less to stay he may think about it, but at the minute there is nothing else on the table.

In a nut shell these are the 2 choices

1 - Stay, run your contract down and hope you dont get a long term injury, which at 29 (no spring chicken) you are more likely to do

2- Sign a long term deal with a lesser club that gives you financial security to live the life the way you want to when you retire

If he wanted security and to be settled, why would he uproot himself to London after 4 years in the North East?

He would have had to leave next summer anyway. Might as well do it sooner rather than later.

Guest bimpy474

If he wanted security and to be settled, why would he uproot himself to London after 4 years in the North East?

Because as it stands he isn't getting a new contract so he will have to do that anyway after 5 years, his two choices are move now on a 5 year contract with someone else, or stay and hope for a new contract here, with Ashley in charge that isn't happening, he doesn't really have a choice tbf.

Well duh, of course he's given PERMISSION to speak. Doesn't mean he'll be insane enough to go there. I'm not worried.

I wouldn't be worried if he did, he's been distinctly average for quite a few games now and his free kicks are crap.

Do you think that maybe part of the reason he's been arguably below par (not sure I agree but it's certainly debatable) is because of the way this club's idiot hierarchy have treated him? That perhaps morale is more of a problem than the ability which he showed for large parts of last year?

I don't know, was morale a problem for his first 3 years here?  What most people seem to forget is that he's been here for 4 years and been good for about half a season.  I think he can be a good player when he's really fired up, he can also do idiotic things.  Like I said I'd prefer to keep him as a squad player, but he's not a player I'd be gutted to see go.  I'd still be disappointed if he did go and we didn't replace him though.

I personally think he is a big part of why we have 4 points on the board already. He has worth beyond his "free kicks", he's a leader on the pitch whatever anyone thinks of his behavior past and present and a lot of the players in our team respond to him. That he has done stupid things in the past and not provided value commensurate to what we paid for him in fees and wages is obvious. That he today is worth a lot more than being pushed out the door to bloody QPR is also obvious IMHO.

good post. he's only been good for the last year is a pathetic argument for wanting rid of him, if the form was the other way around i could see the logic, otherwise it's idiotic.

we simply should not be forcing a first team player out of the club. especially not one who consistently performs well, gives 100%, has a very good recent fitness record, inspires the team and fans and has been important to our good start to the season.

oh but we have to pay him wages to play football? ok, give him away and make another team in the league stronger in the process.

fucking stupid cunts man.

Of the three big name players who have left out of Nolan, Barton (if he goes) and Enrique, only Enrique is the one I'm gutted about. He's the only one who has been wanted by a genuinely big club as well. That says it all IMO.

Guest bimpy474

He would have had to leave next summer anyway. Might as well do it sooner rather than later.

This !!

Its far less waffle than my post :)

Because as it stands he isn't getting a new contract so he will have to do that anyway after 5 years, his two choices are move now on a 5 year contract with someone else, or stay and hope for a new contract here, with Ashley in charge that isn't happening, he doesn't really have a choice tbf.

I know that, I just meant that family stability isn't the reason, because going to QPR doesn't help that.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It is only a short term thing. His child isnt born yet and wont start school for 5 years. He and his missus can move wherever they like and have friends around them