odd fixture

womblemaster

maybe am losing the plot, but WHY are chelsea plying sunderland tonight???

far asi can see there are no other prem fixture tonight. this is just odd.

there gonna be more odd tue fixtures for rest of the season?

Wigan are playing Wolves, 5 fixtures tomorrow night.

There was meant to be a full set of fixtures tonight and tomorrow, but Arsenal are playing in Champions League Qualifier.

We dont play at home on the same day as them as well, not sure why it isn't the other way round though

It's a differnt 'city' FFS can Man U and Oldham not play at home on the same day

Are they each others most fierce rivals? We have the metro and overground, pissed up it would always kick off somewhere

We dont play at home on the same day as them as well, not sure why it isn't the other way round though

It's a differnt 'city' FFS can Man U and Oldham not play at home on the same day

Are they each others most fierce rivals? We have the metro and overground, pissed up it would always kick off somewhere

Tbf its bollocks anyway, would we go to sunderland on the piss after a match... No.

Tbf its bollocks anyway, would we go to sunderland on the piss after a match... No.

Would they come to us though........yes

Guest kenny_c

It coz us and sunderland use northumbria police and they dont have the resources to police both matches on the same day.  Its very rare we have ever played at home the same day as the mackems are at home.

It coz us and sunderland use northumbria police and they dont have the resources to police both matches on the same day.  Its very rare we have ever played at home the same day as the mackems are at home.

Fact.

What baffles me is why we didn't play on the Tuesday with the rest of the Championship and they didn't play on the Weds with the rest of the Premier League.

There'll be some barmy reason out there I guess, like Ant and Dec have a capoeira class at Dancecity on a Tues and the police didn't want to change their plans or something.

Guest Roger Kint

Fact.

What baffles me is why we didn't play on the Tuesday with the rest of the Championship and they didn't play on the Weds with the rest of the Premier League.

There'll be some barmy reason out there I guess, like Ant and Dec have a capoeira class at Dancecity on a Tues and the police didn't want to change their plans or something.

Unless its something to do with Spurs travelling North to Hull tonight i cant think of anything :undecided:

Fact.

Unless its something to do with Spurs travelling North to Hull tonight i cant think of anything :undecided:

Could be but that seems a bit OTT, i think both lines to hull and sunderland go from kings cross so maybe they wanted to avoid meetings there.

Newcastle have always designated Wednesday as their midweek night and the mackems the Tuesday. Not sure the reason behind it though. Midweek games all used to be played on Wednesdays until the CL originally came along and so clubs moved to Tuesdays in the lower leagues to avoid clashes. When the CL got bigger the games spanned days through the week but most clubs left their 'day' as a Tuesday. Obviously we decided that we didn't have many floaters that would rather watch a game on the box. Same reason we play Hudderfield next Wednesday rather than Tues wehen the majority of games are on.

Would they come to us though........yes

Tell them to fook off back to their oh so wonderful 'city'.