Transfer funds.

Toon Amy

Has anyone got a running total of all the transfer fees payed in, and those going out?

I was just wondering where all the transfer money is going and should we actually have any money to spend or not?

In other words what is Ashleys net spend on players?

I'm guessing NUFC has received more for players going out than we have spent?

If the reported transfer fees are correct we've probably recouped about £20-25 million. This has either been subsequently 'pocketed' by Mr. Ashley as some would like to believe, or has gone towards covering wages and other costs while we're in this division.

What it wont be going towards is transfers.

Guest Roger Kint

If the reported transfer fees are correct we've probably recouped about £20-25 million. This has either been subsequently 'pocketed' by Mr. Ashley as some would like to believe, or has gone towards covering wages and other costs while we're in this division.

What it wont be going towards is transfers.

More than likely none has actually been received yet

Ta. I will put it all a spreadsheet later and try and figure it out. A few numbers missing though there, like Alan Smith on the first page listed as tbc. (to be confirmed)

I know the official line is that there are no transfer funds, but I was just trying to work out if there should be any transfer funds, and if not why. We are told we are losing too much money, but I want to see proof of it.

Not saying I do or don't believe that, (we probably are) but it is easier to discuss things when you can see it in black and white, if you see what I mean.

In every other transfer window.  Which is why we are here in the first place.

The other thing that I wonder about is because we pay for our players up front, (according to Llambias a while back) but recieve the money for players sold in installments. Don't understand the logic of that, there must be a reason for it I am not seeing. Could it be that those who say he is pocketing the money are right? Difficult to see how, but why do we do it that way?

Guest Roger Kint

The other thing that I wonder about is because we pay for our players up front, (according to Llambias a while back) but recieve the money for players sold in installments. Don't understand the logic of that, there must be a reason for it I am not seeing. Could it be that those who say he is pocketing the money are right? Difficult to see how, but why do we do it that way?

No funds

No logic

No cash in Ashleys back pocket

No point in punishing yourself with this

:pow:

In every other transfer window.  Which is why we are here in the first place.

I believe that is true, and I don't believe Ashley has even invested the £20 million per season in the club, (that he said he would) at least not on transfers, but I want to see it in a way that can be reasonably verified.

I know we have other costs etc and accounting is boring to say the least, but when I read people saying this or that about how much we spent, I want to be able to see the numbers before I can decide what to think or say about it.  It was a bit easier as well when we were a PLC because they had to put the numbers on the stock exchange website.

People running our club = bunch of unmitigated spacktards.

That's an accurate response for most of these probing questions, no point trying to dig deeper.

No funds

No logic

No cash in Ashleys back pocket

No point in punishing yourself with this

:pow:

:lol: You're probably right about that, and I don't even know why I suddenly decided to look into it a bit more and if we get the takeover tomorrow (aye right!) then I will probably not give it a second thought.

Guest Stephen927

I would imagine that most, if not all of the funds recieved for outgoing players will have gone right back into paying the wages of the high earners.