Ashley's Intent

BONTEMPI

I'm not going to start second-guessing him now tbh.

Nothing he's done here for the last 18 month has made any sort of sense. He's got pretty much every footballing decision wrong and he's hired people who are/were totally unsuitable for the job. I honestly think he's just making it up as he goes along and doesn't look further than the next week. He's got no idea whatsoever how the sport works or how to run a football club.

Arrogant in the extreme in as much as he never thought we could go down and had no idea how to turn it round and rectify things. Haven't got a scrap of sympathy for him but I don't believe he thought he'd be in this situation when he bought us 2 years ago. He's just fucked up and can't seem to realise that if he just spent a bit of money at key times then all of this could have been avoided soooo easily.

Guest neesy111

I hate him as much as anyone but he wasn't the one playing on the field or choosing the teams?

The Players and the Managment did have something to do with this aswell, I just hope he sells up and f***s off.

Ashley kind of picked the managers and wouldn't fund getting in the players we needed though.

that's the kind of excuse the player's used all last season, and it's a pathetic one, that squad was easily good enough to finish mid-table, once the players are on the pitch, the last thing in their mind should be about what is happening off-the-pitch

I hate him as much as anyone but he wasn't the one playing on the field or choosing the teams?

The Players and the Managment did have something to do with this aswell, I just hope he sells up and f***s off.

Ashley kind of picked the managers and wouldn't fund getting in the players we needed though.

that's the kind of excuse the player's used all last season, and it's a pathetic one, that squad was easily good enough to finish mid-table, once the players are on the pitch, the last thing in their mind should be about what is happening off-the-pitch

Pretty sure a decent manager and a little investment in the right players would have kept us up too.  Performances on the pitch seemed to be a lot better with Kev in charge for example.

If nobody matches Ashleys valuation he is certainly more than content holding on to his investment. He is a businessman after all and you must take risk to gain! We are his risk and have been since we were relegated. I believe that he thought initially he was buying a cash cow club and even though there was debt it could be managed and with simple logic problems would be solved!

Ashley is a gambler! He is now at the blackjack table and he has a handful of chips after starting with piles of them... what does he do?

A) Leave the table and accept his losses - sell club before the next transfer window, recoup some of the monies spent plus those gained through recent activities (namely selling big name players) and leave the club with new owners and new hope!

B) Call the banker and pay for more chips hoping that with some wise bets he will eventually cover his losses and gain in the end - Invest in some more players in the January transfer window, that would ensure promotion at the first time of asking! Therefore, the value of the club has just doubled (at least!)!

C) Stay at the table with the handful of chips and just let them wittle down - Ashley using no common sense at all fails to invest his monies and keeps stalling selling the club because no-one will meet his stubborn valuation of the club! The club would then suffer with injuries/suspensions, failing to utilise the loan system and becoming a mid-championship side for the unforeseeable future!

Those are the options the man has and I don't think anyone would be able to figure out what is going on in that mans head or indeed what his intent is! I find it hard to believe he will go with option A - using the excuse that the right owners for the club haven't arrived yet, with our future in mind! Worse case senario is obviously option C. But can the man be so stupid and heartless?! I used to think what has happened in the last 2 years was just bad luck... but now, with 4 months of limbo I have lost all faith that the man is going to do the right thing for the club! (Yes, I have been very patient!)

If nobody matches Ashleys valuation he is certainly more than content holding on to his investment. He is a businessman after all and you must take risk to gain! We are his risk and have been since we were relegated. I believe that he thought initially he was buying a cash cow club and even though there was debt it could be managed and with simple logic problems would be solved!

Ashley is a gambler! He is now at the blackjack table and he has a handful of chips after starting with piles of them... what does he do?

A) Leave the table and accept his losses - sell club before the next transfer window, recoup some of the monies spent plus those gained through recent activities (namely selling big name players) and leave the club with new owners and new hope!

B) Call the banker and pay for more chips hoping that with some wise bets he will eventually cover his losses and gain in the end - Invest in some more players in the January transfer window, that would ensure promotion at the first time of asking! Therefore, the value of the club has just doubled (at least!)!

C) Stay at the table with the handful of chips and just let them wittle down - Ashley using no common sense at all fails to invest his monies and keeps stalling selling the club because no-one will meet his stubborn valuation of the club! The club would then suffer with injuries/suspensions, failing to utilise the loan system and becoming a mid-championship side for the unforeseeable future!

Those are the options the man has and I don't think anyone would be able to figure out what is going on in that mans head or indeed what his intent is! I find it hard to believe he will go with option A - using the excuse that the right owners for the club haven't arrived yet, with our future in mind! Worse case senario is obviously option C. But can the man be so stupid and heartless?! I used to think what has happened in the last 2 years was just bad luck... but now, with 4 months of limbo I have lost all faith that the man is going to do the right thing for the club! (Yes, I have been very patient!)

What an absolute crock of shit.

What an absolute crock of s***.

Cheers... just my 2 cents.

I for the life of me cannot understand why anyone would neglect there financial investment the way he has, its just ludicrous its like anyone of us buying a house for say 200k and letting it go to wreck and ruin and its value decreasing by 100%..i have come to the conclusion that his business acumen is just piss poor , you just have to look at his other ventures to see that, i think he just got lucky at one stage and everything is falling down around his ears now..i for one hope the fat cunt ends up destitute in a box on leicester square its all he deserves for destroying 17 years of hard work establishing this club as one of the premier leagues main stays...a club that has been runners up twice 3rd twice 4th,5th,6th...the man is a disgrace and deserves to be shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sports Direct shares were tipped as one fo the shares worth buying in the Daly Mail financial section yesterday for what that's worth. Ironic though it seems, if we get promoted on a shoestring we'll probably be in as healthy a financial position as we've been in years. If that happens I'm sure Ashley will be the first one to tell us how he was responsible for the situation.

This is what I'm praying for to happen.