Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

***CORRECT THREAD***

Kris Boyd -  336 games, 179 goals

Heskey - 603/138

Defoe - 365/155

Rooney - 333/126

Ibrahimovic - 370/166

His goal ratio not only stands up alright in that company it is better.....NOTE I AM NOT SAYING HE IS IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS OTHERS QUOTED, merely pointing out goals/game ratio!

Guest Roger Kint

***CORRECT THRED***

Heskey - 603/138

Defoe - 365/155

Rooney - 333/126

Ibrahimovic - 370/166

His goal ratio not only stands up alright in that company it is better.....NOTE I AM NOT SAYING HE IS IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS OTHERS QUOTED, merely pointing out goals/game ratio!

Cross forum trolling, pathetic :clap:

Never herd of him...

On the football front Olhanense suffered another setback to their plans when Ukra, being tracked by Fulham, Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United, was confined to the hotel with suspected Swine Flu

http://www.the-news.net/cgi-bin/google.pl?id=1040-54

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukra

Tbf if I was scout I would be saying "There is this lad who plays in Algarve I want to check..........can you book my tickets".

Never herd of him...

On the football front Olhanense suffered another setback to their plans when Ukra, being tracked by Fulham, Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United, was confined to the hotel with suspected Swine Flu

http://www.the-news.net/cgi-bin/google.pl?id=1040-54

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukra

Tbf if I was scout I would be saying "There is this lad who plays in Algarve I want to check..........can you book my tickets".

I'd be unearthing The Maldives as the next hotbed of football talent in a shot. Fuck the Algarve!

Jack "Who" Compton claims we were after him:

Falkirk newboy Jack Compton snubs Newcastle for Bairns

NEW arrival Jack Compton has revealed he snubbed Newcastle to seal a move to Falkirk.

Many fans may question Compton's decision to ignore the advances of a team on course for a speedy return to England's top flight in favour of a side at the foot of the SPL.

But the 21-year-old winger insists he'd rather be playing regularly with Eddie May's SPL strugglers than warming the St James' Park bench at best with the Championship leaders.

The former Portsmouth and West Brom midfielder will pen an initial 18-month deal with the Bairns at the start of January having signed a pre-contract from English non-league side Weston-super-Mare.

After failing to make an impact in the full-time ranks that included a spell at Brighton, word of Compton's outstanding performances with the Conference South side spread as far as Newcastle, Falkirk and Exeter.

And after mulling over several options he is adamant a switch north of the border is the right move as he bids to kickstart his career in the professional game.

Compton said: "I'm absolutely over the moon. The move came about as I was playing well at Weston-super-Mare and I had a lot of clubs looking at me including Falkirk, Newcastle and Exeter.

"Falkirk offered me something so I grabbed it with both hands.

"They treated me so well when I came up last month for a trial and the gaffer said I won't be up to sit in the reserves as I probably would at somewhere like Newcastle.

"It was a massive confidence lift to have a club like Newcastle looking at me.

"Falkirk are a big club as well and when I found out about the two being interested I was over the moon. It's still not sunk in yet.

"Exeter offered me the chance to go and see them and Newcastle wanted me to go up there so they could watch me in a game. Apparently they were very interested.

"I obviously thought about that but recognised I'd have more chance at Falkirk and I can develop better here too.

"I just wanted to get back into professional football and their league position didn't bother me at all."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/falkirk/2009/12/11/falkirk-newboy-jack-compton-snubs-newcastle-for-bairns-86908-21888594/

Guest Heneage

***CORRECT THREAD***

Heskey - 603/138

Defoe - 365/155

Rooney - 333/126

Ibrahimovic - 370/166

:lol: :lol:

He's up there with the best!

Jack "Who" Compton claims we were after him:

Falkirk newboy Jack Compton snubs Newcastle for Bairns

NEW arrival Jack Compton has revealed he snubbed Newcastle to seal a move to Falkirk.

Many fans may question Compton's decision to ignore the advances of a team on course for a speedy return to England's top flight in favour of a side at the foot of the SPL.

But the 21-year-old winger insists he'd rather be playing regularly with Eddie May's SPL strugglers than warming the St James' Park bench at best with the Championship leaders.

The former Portsmouth and West Brom midfielder will pen an initial 18-month deal with the Bairns at the start of January having signed a pre-contract from English non-league side Weston-super-Mare.

After failing to make an impact in the full-time ranks that included a spell at Brighton, word of Compton's outstanding performances with the Conference South side spread as far as Newcastle, Falkirk and Exeter.

And after mulling over several options he is adamant a switch north of the border is the right move as he bids to kickstart his career in the professional game.

Compton said: "I'm absolutely over the moon. The move came about as I was playing well at Weston-super-Mare and I had a lot of clubs looking at me including Falkirk, Newcastle and Exeter.

"Falkirk offered me something so I grabbed it with both hands.

"They treated me so well when I came up last month for a trial and the gaffer said I won't be up to sit in the reserves as I probably would at somewhere like Newcastle.

"It was a massive confidence lift to have a club like Newcastle looking at me.

"Falkirk are a big club as well and when I found out about the two being interested I was over the moon. It's still not sunk in yet.

"Exeter offered me the chance to go and see them and Newcastle wanted me to go up there so they could watch me in a game. Apparently they were very interested.

"I obviously thought about that but recognised I'd have more chance at Falkirk and I can develop better here too.

"I just wanted to get back into professional football and their league position didn't bother me at all."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/falkirk/2009/12/11/falkirk-newboy-jack-compton-snubs-newcastle-for-bairns-86908-21888594/

Bollocks did he snub us.

Just trying to get his name out there.

Guest palnese

"Falkirk are a big club as well and when I found out about the two being interested I was over the moon. It's still not sunk in yet."

Right mate

Guest Heneage

Giles Barnes has Derby contract terminated by mutual consent.

He's had his injury probelms but he's got to be worth a punt

Why do you think they agreed to terminate his contract...

Giles Barnes has Derby contract terminated by mutual consent.

He's had his injury probelms but he's got to be worth a punt

Why do you think they agreed to terminate his contract...

I assume it might have something to do with the injuries, but i'm pretty sure it was reported recently that Derby were in financial trouble and have to sell off some of their players to balance the books.

He didn't have long left on his contract and he's going to be injured for the majority of it so they get him off the wages and he gets a signing on fee from his next club. Win-win

Guest Heneage

The guy hardly played for Fulham and has hardly played for Derby because of injuries, if his contract expries next year and he's injured for most of it. Why should we bother? W

The guy hardly played for Fulham and has hardly played for Derby because of injuries, if his contract expries next year and he's injured for most of it. Why should we bother? W

Because he's good. Get him on a pay as you play contract to minimise the risk

Guest Heneage

Because he's good. Get him on a pay as you play contract to minimise the risk

But mate, he's injured.