Is it just me?

Alberto2005

Still love football but it's more at grass roots level nowadays, as I am heavily involved in the running of the local team were I live.

Me too. Haven't been to a Premiership game for over 2 years now, and not missing it one bit. All the matches I go to these days are Northern League, where a bit of genuine craic and banter goes on.

It's an argument thats been had on here many a time but salary cap is the only way forward for the domestic game if we want a truely competetive league.  This will probably hinder English teams in Europe but really who gives a f***?

What I want is for the Wigans of this world to have as much chance of winning the league as Man U given the right management and coaching of course.

This

I am enjoying this season far more (yes we are winning atm so thats mint), as we are playing football that isn't hyped up to fuck. The standard isn't great but the games are still tense and enjoyable, without having some over priced pcik rolling around when someone simply touches him.

Money wise, the only way to solve it would be a cap on what clubs could spend, but that would likely lead to huge inflation of prices.

I'm in the same boat Enrique. Had this same debate with my mates the other day. My mate reckons it's inevitable due to the capitalist nature of the world. Football shouldn't be about that though for me and it is killing it. Football was there for the working class so they didn't have to think about their day jobs on a saturday and this has been stolen by the usual fatcats milking the sky generation for all it's worth and the richest people using the clubs as their little playthings. Sounds dramatic I know but it's clearly true.

Guest Stephen927

I've watched a few Premiership games this season, I'm not really missing us being in that league although it is necessary for us to be in the top flight of course.

Has it not always been the way whereby money is more likely to bring you success than a team of cloggers? There are of course exceptions to every rule, but what is happening in this league is happening in other major leagues.

I would be interested to see last seasons league tables with the bank balance of the clubs next to their positions.