"Geordie Blubbers" - More "tongue-in-cheek" Southern Journalism ?

Guest Phil K

I think Michael Henderson's from Lancashire tbf. Manchester-born, which would explain the Shankly comments. So in answer to your question, no.

And why Ferguson isn't in. Joke book.

Anyone notice how Billy Bragg is one of the pictures in the top header. Maybe I'm too young but how did Billy Bragg ruin football.

Billy Bragg is a tediously boring politically correct prat who seems to be believe he has musical talent. He's got less musical talent than my farts. And my farts are musical only to me, and I accept that - he doesn't accept his musical limitations (he even kept referring to himself in a radio doc about the great Woody Guthrie FFS !

But ruining football ? Just another example why this prick's comments are moronic, and typical of the southern (and Manchester) based spite.

But they're treated as interesting, and not the uneducated spiteful rants, which they are.

Irony.

Bragg wrote a book about reclaiming national pride from the BNP & their ilk, so English people can show pride in their country without feeling ashamed or worried that they'll be seen as racists. I've not read it but get the feeling a lot of it used the changes in the support of team England as a positive example.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6141770.stm

Not sure what the writer or Phil have against it though. Too "PC" I guess.

“Geordie Blubber” has become a well-known and, if truth be known, much-mocked character.

Really? Never come across this phrase in my life, either spoken or in print, from anyone ever!

Is that the best he can do? As windups go it's a desperate effort.

“Geordie Blubber” has become a well-known and, if truth be known, much-mocked character.

Really? Never come across this phrase in my life, either spoken or in print, from anyone ever!

That's what I thought, I've never heard it used by anyone ever.

Geordie (and cockerney) Blubber?

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9576/38ec0c459b0a9aa509e3d18.jpg

Anyone notice how Billy Bragg is one of the pictures in the top header. Maybe I'm too young but how did Billy Bragg ruin football.

Billy Bragg is a tediously boring politically correct prat who seems to be believe he has musical talent. He's got less musical talent than my farts. And my farts are musical only to me, and I accept that - he doesn't accept his musical limitations (he even kept referring to himself in a radio doc about the great Woody Guthrie FFS !

But ruining football ? Just another example why this prick's comments are moronic, and typical of the southern (and Manchester) based spite.

But they're treated as interesting, and not the uneducated spiteful rants, which they are.

Can't you just treat it as spite from ignorant, parochial arseholes like this twat Henderson clearly is without trying to crowbar it all into your own parochial view of the South?

A large number of sports journalists are evil, twisted, bitter and abuse their position and they should always get called out on it but it's not always because of "The South".

And I really liked Mermaid Avenue too.

i wonder if theres a billy bragg forum with a thread on it about gerodies  posting spiteful shite on there ?

Guest Roger Kint

Geordie (and cockerney) Blubber?

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9576/38ec0c459b0a9aa509e3d18.jpg

Hes not a Geordie, originally from South Shields iirc O0