Attendances . .

kane2005

If you cant see what i meant its going to be a very long day explaining it tbh. Its about as clear as i can say it ;D

I'll continue to confidently say Ashley is £75m better off now than he was this time last year then.

And i think it's clear that, should we be promoted, which the bookies believe, he'll be a whole lot better off this time next year.

How can i argue when you live in a world where all clubs pay the full amount up front, even better that you can claim he is 'easily £100m to £150m up :mackems:

You could start by looking at the figures and tell me where I've gone wrong.

Let's not argue about it.  Those figures are my best guess at what cash has come in (or is due to), if you can refine them we can come up with a more accurate picture of the situation at the club.

It's been my view that this is what Ashley wanted all along.  Look at the last set of Premier league accounts.  Outside the top 4, only West Brom turned a profit.  How?  By maintaining a championship quality squad, and yoyoing, thereby earning the premier league money or the parachute payment season after season, while never investing too much of it.

It's also what's been advocated by lots of fans...spending within our means and hoping all the other clubs go bust.

I've already spotted one mistake..I've included the parachute payment as extra, when we (obviously) lost the tv money  :doh:

and of course, gate receipts were higher last season...still

£50m transfers

£25m lower wage bill

3 new strips - what's that worth?

Didn't we owe money out on loads of players still as well ?

How can i argue when you live in a world where all clubs pay the full amount up front, even better that you can claim he is 'easily £100m to £150m up :mackems:

You could start by looking at the figures and tell me where I've gone wrong.

Let's not argue about it.  Those figures are my best guess at what cash has come in (or is due to), if you can refine them we can come up with a more accurate picture of the situation at the club.

It's been my view that this is what Ashley wanted all along.  Look at the last set of Premier league accounts.  Outside the top 4, only West Brom turned a profit.  How?  By maintaining a championship quality squad, and yoyoing, thereby earning the premier league money or the parachute payment season after season, while never investing too much of it.

It's also what's been advocated by lots of fans...spending within our means and hoping all the other clubs go bust.

I've already spotted one mistake..I've included the parachute payment as extra, when we (obviously) lost the tv money  :doh:

and of course, gate receipts were higher last season...still

£50m transfers

£25m lower wage bill

3 new strips - what's that worth?

Didn't we owe money out on loads of players still as well ?

Dunno.

The story from Ashley's goons has always been that he prefers to pay the entirity up front.  They claimed there were payments left to be made on Luque didn't they?

Cripple him?  He's a billionaire spending nothing on the club.

£50m incoming from transfers.

Wage bill reduced by £25m thanks to those sales.

£23m a season in ticket sales.

£20 - £30m parachute payment from the PL.

3 new strips released this season.

He's easy over a £100m (and up to £150m) better off than he was last season.

Zero on signings.

Zero on a new manager.

£2m on Keegan.

Yeah, bones of his arse.  :iamatwat:

£100m to £150m better off then last season, are you actually being serious?! :kasper:

Cripple him?  He's a billionaire spending nothing on the club.

£50m incoming from transfers.

Wage bill reduced by £25m thanks to those sales.

£23m a season in ticket sales.

£20 - £30m parachute payment from the PL.

3 new strips released this season.

He's easy over a £100m (and up to £150m) better off than he was last season.

Zero on signings.

Zero on a new manager.

£2m on Keegan.

Yeah, bones of his arse.  :iamatwat:

£100m to £150m better off then last season, are you being serious?! :kasper:

I've moved it to the finances thread rather than derail this topic, but i can't see how Ashley comes out of this season without a chunky profit.  Again, some of those figures were rash, but with the lowered wage bill, transfer profits, new kits, and canny stable attendances I don't see how he can be anything but a lot better off this season.  Happy to be corrected.  I'm sure I'm missing something else.

Wages have dropped by about £25m yes, but TV money has dropped from around £50m to £20m (if we include parachute payments in that category).  Only a fraction of transfer fees will be paid up front and only £34m can be included when talking about 2009 anyway (especially since the other £26m of sales in late 2008 were countered by around £26m being spent on the likes of Coloccini, Gutierrez, Xisco ect).  Ticket money will have dropped by about £6m and with some of the boycotts on merchandise the £26m we made from that last season could have dropped by a significant amount (lets say £6m which is a conservative estimate IMO).

If we're optimistic and say that the £34m we've made from transfers will be paid over three years (some will be four year contracts and likely paid over that entire period) so we got nearly £12m up front.  That still puts us at best a few million worse off then last season (and we'll have made a hefty loss last season).  Also that completely ignores loyalty payments we'll have had to make to all the players we sold this summer.

EDIT

I'll put my future posts in the finances thread  O0