Attendances . .

kane2005

Are we back on this attendance thing again?  Why are we making such a fuss about it?  Is it all we have to hang on to or is it some British thing I don't understand?  As long as we're winning I could give a fuck how many people are there.  It seems like some sort of childish cock-size contest to me.

Are we back on this attendance thing again?  Why are we making such a fuss about it?  Is it all we have to hang on to or is it some British thing I don't understand?  As long as we're winning I could give a f*** how many people are there.  It seems like some sort of childish cock-size contest to me.

Clearly a British thing you don't understand then.  :kinnear:

It's something to be proud of, no?

Are we back on this attendance thing again? Why are we making such a fuss about it? Is it all we have to hang on to or is it some British thing I don't understand? As long as we're winning I could give a fuck how many people are there. It seems like some sort of childish cock-size contest to me.

Tend to agree, particularly the tiresome arguments about it.

It's always nice to have big crowds though, makes me feel proud.

Are we back on this attendance thing again?  Why are we making such a fuss about it?  Is it all we have to hang on to or is it some British thing I don't understand?  As long as we're winning I could give a f*** how many people are there.  It seems like some sort of childish cock-size contest to me.

I think it's great that we have such high attendances, but I don't see the need to show it off?  I promise you that every-day fans of other clubs don't give a fuck what our attendances are.  It seems like some weird sense of false-reality that we're holding onto by spouting off how large our attendances are, none of it really matters because unfortunately the people in attendance are watching Championship football and Premiership football.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Not to mention the fact that its a kick in the teeth of of the media/other fans/mackem who say we aren't loyal when in fact we are.

Pretty much last year all we got was people literally wanking over the fact we were going down telling us we would get less than 25k and stuff.

Well fuck off, we still get more  :snod:

Not to mention the fact that its a kick in the teeth of of the media/other fans/mackem who say we aren't loyal when in fact we are.

To be honest any football fan claiming Newcastle fans are not loyal aren't worth listening to.

To be honest any football fan claiming Newcastle fans are not loyal aren't worth listening to.

You normally get some lazy journalist trotting out the low 1980s crowds cliche even these days though.  Despite crowds nationwide being rubbish.  :facepalm:

You normally get some lazy journalist trotting out the low 1980s crowds cliche even these days though.  Despite crowds nationwide being rubbish.  :facepalm:

In which case they're fucking clueless and not worth the time of day. No point biting really.

I think it's great that we have such high attendances, but I don't see the need to show it off?  I promise you that every-day fans of other clubs don't give a f*** what our attendances are.  It seems like some weird sense of false-reality that we're holding onto by spouting off how large our attendances are, none of it really matters because unfortunately the people in attendance are watching Championship football and Premiership football.

I think other fans do care how big are attendances are though, you can already see then sharpening their knives at the end of the season, like Haris said.

They had a go last season because our average was 48k and not 52k a week!

In which case they're f***ing clueless and not worth the time of day. No point biting really.

True, but it is nice to know we are proving them wrong...yet again.

I think it's great that we have such high attendances, but I don't see the need to show it off?  I promise you that every-day fans of other clubs don't give a f*** what our attendances are.  It seems like some weird sense of false-reality that we're holding onto by spouting off how large our attendances are, none of it really matters because unfortunately the people in attendance are watching Championship football and Premiership football.

Hate it when some clever clogs ruins a good old attendance discussion.

Statistics...thats what makes a good attendance discussion.

QPR = 38,932

Championship + midweek + QPR + Recession + Fickle "Mike Ashley out" stayaways = not bad!

Season Home Average = 40,296

SJP Total Attendance = 242,242

If I could be bothered I would look to see how many Prem/European/World teams have a total of nearly a quarter of a million people to have seen them after 10 games.

But I can't...but Im sure we will still be near the top of the pile!

Definitely something to be proud of!  :snod: We have little else to shout about!

I think it's great that we have such high attendances, but I don't see the need to show it off?  I promise you that every-day fans of other clubs don't give a fuck what our attendances are.  It seems like some weird sense of false-reality that we're holding onto by spouting off how large our attendances are, none of it really matters because unfortunately the people in attendance are watching Championship football and Premiership football.

Its getting talked about more now because the media and fans of other clubs spent the whole summer trying to convince themselves and us that we were all going to slink away and hide now that we're no longer in the top division.  Well we're still supporting our team in numbers far greater then most Premiership sides and that's something to be proud of (and something worth rubbing their noses in).  To say it doesn't matter because we're not in the Premiership is nonesense, if anything it makes me feel even more proud of our fans.

Its getting talked about more now because the media and fans of other clubs spent the whole summer trying to convince themselves and us that we were all going to slink away and hide now that we're no longer in the top division.  Well we're still supporting our team in numbers far greater then most Premiership sides and that's something to be proud of (and something worth rubbing their noses in).  To say it doesn't matter because we're not in the Premiership is nonesense, if anything it makes me feel even more proud of our fans.

:thup:

If you dont like people talking about how good our attendances are, stay out of the thread entitled "attendances" and go whinge somewhere else. Its brilliant that we are getting so many at the games with things the way they are, and one of the few things we have to shout about at the mo  :smug:

NUFC.com are quoting QPR had 2,000 fans there when they had about a 1,000 at very most

It was said in one of the papers yesterday that QPR had  taken an allocation of around 2800 and had sold over 2000.

I think not being in the country affects you here. More so even than the papers fans of other clubs around us were taking glee, desperate to debunk the 'great fans' tag we seem to have acquired and waiting to laugh themselves silly at lower gates. It's nice to be able to prove them wrong, and as others have said our attendances have certainly been something to shout about. Attendances and how many fans you have / how good they are is a widely discussed topic in England...bare witness to the 'no Man U fans in Manchester' arguments and the like.

Guest Phil K

If you dont like people talking about how good our attendances are, stay out of the thread entitled "attendances" and go whinge somewhere else. Its brilliant that we are getting so many at the games with things the way they are, and one of the few things we have to shout about at the mo  :smug:

The press are predictable in their reluctance to go on about our attendances.

These are the same people (Mirror - who else ?) that had big headlines that Newcastle had "only" sold 25,000 season tickets

ONLY ???? Thats more than all but maybe half a dozen prem teams !!! ALL in the top 6 or 7 too.

Was surprised at "only" 39,000 though !

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yeh we ''only'' sold 25k season tickets in a league that averages 17k overall attendance  ;D

Im sure Burnley sold something daft like 6000 season tickets last year  :facepalm:

Ive seen a big increase in the amount of Kids attending games this year!!!!

Whether this is good - breeding a new generation of loyal Toon supporters....

OR BAD - having to witness the ugly and embarrassing scenes like after the Bristol Game....  :facepalm:

remains to be seen!