'Ten pints, some angry words, a huge punch-up. That was then.'

Dave

It's frustrating how he frequently comes out with these interviews sounding really well mannered and a generally intelligent, non-idiot. Yet, i mean, he's a totally different person in reality it seems. And shit for us too.

The case in point is that Liverpool game, Alan Smith made an equally dangerous if not worse tackle in that game, and nobody even looked twice at it.

Did Alan Smith get sent off and miss the final 3 games of the season ?

Aye people did over-look that Smith's tackle was reckless, and Smith should have came under scrunity even if the ref done nothing.

Guest toonlass

Personally I do feel sorry for Barton in a way. He has admitted he has a drink problem and has made steps to sort that out (teetotal now isn't he?). There are plenty of fuckwits in the Bigg Market every night of the week who don't even admit that they drink too much. He gets short shrift from referees all over the place (and that has been seen over and over again). He is getting help for his anger problem. Aye he is not the nicest bloke in the world (but not every footballer can be Alan Shearer can they?) The lad has held his hands up, admitted his demons and is working on his problems. Now if he can get some luck with his injury problems and get a good run of games together on the football field when his foot has healed we might see a decent footballer out there.

Personally I do feel sorry for Barton in a way. He has admitted he has a drink problem and has made steps to sort that out (teetotal now isn't he?). There are plenty of fuckwits in the Bigg Market every night of the week who don't even admit that they drink too much. He gets short shrift from referees all over the place (and that has been seen over and over again). He is getting help for his anger problem. Aye he is not the nicest bloke in the world (but not every footballer can be Alan Shearer can they?) The lad has held his hands up, admitted his demons and is working on his problems. Now if he can get some luck with his injury problems and get a good run of games together on the football field when his foot has healed we might see a decent footballer out there.

They aren't professional footballers though, and don't get paid 60k a week.  Barton is obliged to keep his body in tip top condition.

Guest toonlass

They aren't professional footballers though, and don't get paid 60k a week.  Barton is obliged to keep his body in tip top condition.

And I agree with that, but Alcoholism isn't selective you know. The lad has admitted he has a problem, has faced it and is sorting himself out.

And I agree with that, but Alcoholism isn't selective you know. The lad has admitted he has a problem, has faced it and is sorting himself out.

He said he was sorting himself out after every incident he's been involved in.  I remember him saying when we signed him this was a fresh start for him.  Most people tend to be able to avoid prison when making a fresh start.

Guest toonlass

He said he was sorting himself out after every incident he's been involved in.  I remember him saying when we signed him this was a fresh start for him.  Most people tend to be able to avoid prison when making a fresh start.

He hasn't been involved with any incidents of violence since the Liverpool City Centre one. The sending off at Liverpool was a stupid, rash tackle but there have been worse before and after that one. So in nearly two years the lad has worked hard to clean up his act. Ok he has a short temper but handbags with the manager is nothing compaired with what he has done before.

He hasn't been involved with any incidents of violence since the Liverpool City Centre one. The sending off at Liverpool was a stupid, rash tackle but there have been worse before and after that one. So in nearly two years the lad has worked hard to clean up his act. Ok he has a short temper but handbags with the manager is nothing compaired with what he has done before.

As if being in prison alone wasn't enough....  :lol:

comes across as a complete c*** tbh. Doesn't help that all these schemes to help him out have been about helping 'joey barton' which further reinforce the idea that he is something special. what he needs to realise is that he isnt the centre of the universe. he's not even that good a footballer. It's not in here but he mentions elsewhere that, as he acted contrite over his bust up with Hughton in pre-season, he said - "I am not saying what I said was not right" which mirrors what he says in this article "“Hand on heart, for me to say I regret it would be to condone the behaviour of people towards me that night. " what he needs to really realise is that, no, you really are in the wrong, you really should regret it, and you really are that stupid, especially when you actually attacked a passerby that night who had nothing to do with anything that happened. a sadly deluded individual who is as far away from having his problems solved as ever. the fact he is as effusive as ever in his self-promotion is proof enough.

Good post. He regrets the consequences of his actions, not the actions itself. Can't wait to see the back of him.

Guest toonlass

You are as bad as the blooming red top papers. Hang him out to dry eh?

The lad has admitted he has a problem, has faced it and is sorting himself out.

Why can't you do the same with your posts? Some of them in here have been stupid.

Hang him out to dry?  What the **** are you on about?  He's paid sixty ****ing grand a week to behave and he can't even do that.

Guest toonlass

Why can't you do the same with your posts? Some of them in here have been stupid.

Compaired to all of the ones you make  :pow:

Guest toonlass

Hang him out to dry?  What the **** are you on about?  He's paid sixty ****ing grand a week to behave and he can't even do that.

He has though, for the past two years.

And?  As I said, as if prison wasn't bad enough some people seem to think he needs to do more to be classed as a bad egg.

Most people would probably get sacked from their jobs after an incident and prison sentence like Barton's.  But lovable rogue Joey gets to keep his massive, undeserved contract which is partly paid for by the fans who earn about 150x less.

Guest toonlass

And?  As I said, as if prison wasn't bad enough some people seem to think he needs to do more to be classed as a bad egg.

Most people would probably get sacked from their jobs after an incident and prison sentence like Barton's.  But lovable rogue Joey gets to keep his massive, undeserved contract which is partly paid for by the fans who earn about 150x less.

You can't blame Joey Barton for Ashley not sacking him though, and you can't blame Joey Barton for the wages he is on. He was offered the money in his contract, he wasn't about to go, "Nah mate. I'll play for £300 a week". I don't condone what he did in the past, but he is trying to sort himself out.

You can't blame Joey Barton for Ashley not sacking him though, and you can't blame Joey Barton for the wages he is on. He was offered the money in his contract, he wasn't about to go, "Nah mate. I'll play for £300 a week". I don't condone what he did in the past, but he is trying to sort himself out.

I can blame him for being crap though and I will.  :snod:

Guest toonlass

I can blame him for being crap though and I will.  :snod:

Go on then. I think he has been shite this season too. But am hoping his foot heals properly and we see some quality come the new year.

I haven't said anything nearly as fuckwitted as some of yours, in the Jackson thread. You're heading to that level again in this thread.

Guest toonlass

I haven't said anything nearly as fuckwitted as some of yours, in the Jackson thread. You're heading to that level again in this thread.

Get away with you man. The comments in the Jackson thread were meant to wind people up and they succeeded.

If you think its wrong to give someone another chance, when he has entered rehab, given up drinking and is trying to sort himself out then that's your problem.

Get away with you man. The comments in the Jackson thread were meant to wind people up and they succeeded.

If you think its wrong to give someone another chance, when he has entered rehab, given up drinking and is trying to sort himself out then that's your problem.

The sheer fact you are trying to stand up for someone who has constantly took the piss at this club whilst being paid £60,000 a week for the privelage is fucking laughable. When you said to Frazzle "Hang him out to dry eh?" you pretty much entered the loony bin. People are sick of hearing about his latest second chance, and so much so they don't really give a monkeys chuff what Barton now has to say in his latest interview. He's rightly been barracked for being a little twat and for playing badly, and he should be able to stand up for himself - that's what he says in the interview, if you read it, so why are you trying to do it for him? Get a fucking grip.

Oh, and when you have been told by everyone how shite this argument is, are you going to say it was a joke intended to wind people up too? It seems like an easy cop out for someone who posts a load of cobblers to me.

Guest toonlass

The sheer fact you are trying to stand up for someone who has constantly took the piss at this club whilst being paid £60,000 a week for the privelage is fucking laughable. When you said to Frazzle "Hang him out to dry eh?" you pretty much entered the loony bin. People are sick of hearing about his latest second chance, and so much so they don't really give a monkeys chuff what Barton now has to say in his latest interview. He's rightly been barracked for being a little twat and for playing badly, and he should be able to stand up for himself - that's what he says in the interview, if you read it, so why are you trying to do it for him? Get a fucking grip.

Oh, and when you have been told by everyone how shite this argument is, are you going to say it was a joke intended to wind people up too? It seems like an easy cop out for someone who posts a load of cobblers to me.

Why so serious Pilko man?

I said he was playing badly before he was injured. I acknowledged that his actions were wrong. However he is trying to sort himself out. He has "constantly took the piss at this club"? Bollocks, he fucked up big time at Christmas almost two years ago. He has been in rehab, been to prison and has come out and attempted and is succeeding in keeping his nose clean. If your bosses gave you a right telling off in front of all your work-mates and started getting personal about you would you stand there and take it or would you stand up for yourself?

I am not on the wind up. I think he has tried really hard to sort out his personal problems. A lot of alcoholics do things far worse than what Barton did because they have no control over their addiction. I would like to see his football improve when he comes back and for him to help us back into the premiership. Give over on the Jacko thread as well, sad that you need to drag up things from the past to throw at people when they put something you don't agree with.

If you wind up a cage-fighter in drag and get kicked to shit then you're an idiot who deserves everything you get, if you wind up a premiership footballer and get kicked to shit, then you're a poor defenceless late night reveller.

I detest hypocrisy.