emre's performance today

jezper

There was a time yesterday when we were going forward, not doing anything out of the ordinary, just pushing forward on the wings about 30 yards out. Both Parker AND Emre were still in our own half!

I really rate Parker, think he's quality but Emre is another matter. As a sitting player he might be ok, but he's there as the attacking midfield player, the creative outlet. How can he create anything when he's 40 yards behind the ball? Parker can be excused to an extent as he's the holding player, but surely if Emre says he'll sit back then Parker should bomb forward? The balance is so wrong.

How do you know who is meant to be doing what? I don't know. For me they both play too deep, they're almost joined at the hip, which is one reason why their pairing doesn't work and will never work. Attacking comes naturally to neither of them. Emre is a player who likes to sit deep and play the ball around, Parker is a player who likes to sit deep, dive into challenges and run around in circles. Neither is good enough in realiity but Emre has the ability to do more going forward if he can be made to do so.

At the end of the day the organisation in midfield is pathetic, and that comes from the management. Neither of them seems to know what they should be doing. I think they'd look a great partnership under someone who had a clue. :(

There was a time yesterday when we were going forward, not doing anything out of the ordinary, just pushing forward on the wings about 30 yards out. Both Parker AND Emre were still in our own half!

I really rate Parker, think he's quality but Emre is another matter. As a sitting player he might be ok, but he's there as the attacking midfield player, the creative outlet. How can he create anything when he's 40 yards behind the ball? Parker can be excused to an extent as he's the holding player, but surely if Emre says he'll sit back then Parker should bomb forward? The balance is so wrong.

Isn't Parker supposed to be the box to box midfielder this season? He's certainly not playing like he's the holding man.

I personally think Emre is a far superior player than Parker, apart from getting 'stuck in' I'm not sure what else he's supposed to offer us, Emre on the other hand is a very intelligent player who noticeably picked up when Dyer was introduced, we've seen in the past with Solano how someone with a footballing brain are at their best when they have pace and movement in front of them.

Hopefully the hype surrounding Parker will end up with someone like Man Utd putting in a big bid for him.

Emre was no worse than anyone else today, the Parker - Emre thing does  not work and most people can see that...

Bloody strange then that on matchday the majority on here name them as a pair in their favoured XI.

I still dont see it.

Absolutely nothing has changed since the initial comments of their partnership being shiite were put forward many months ago. We're still a poor team managed by a poor coach, with shiite movement and linkup play. A Parker-Emre midfield is not suited for that type of team, but it can be a top partnership in the right circumstances.

When Dyer came on, we dominated the game, particularly in central midfield, where we passed the ball around them, and towards the end we were cutting through them like a knife through butter. No end product? No creativity? It was all there in the latter stages of yesterday's game. Why did it take a substitution and the belief that we could nick a win for there to be such a big difference?

IMO thats clearly an indication that we have the wrong players around Parker-Emre for that partnership to work, as well as a lack of good coaching/tactics/drilling, rather than the partnership itself being unable to work. That partnership will excel if it has the players around it to carry the attacking burden (which Dyer is able to do), its what many of the top teams have (although we're missing a destroy/powerhouse option to add to the central midfield pool).

Question is, do we want to change the central midfield to get the best out of a shiite team, or show some patience, improve the team/setup and get the best out of a potentially very good midfield?

Fair point. Time will tell. I guess it's just that in addition to the partnership looking shite I think Parker as an individual is average at best. Easily one of the most over-rated players I've seen for Newcastle unless he improves hugely.

Isn't Parker supposed to be the box to box midfielder this season? He's certainly not playing like he's the holding man.

I personally think Emre is a far superior player than Parker, apart from getting 'stuck in' I'm not sure what else he's supposed to offer us, Emre on the other hand is a very intelligent player who noticeably picked up when Dyer was introduced, we've seen in the past with Solano how someone with a footballing brain are at their best when they have pace and movement in front of them.

Hopefully the hype surrounding Parker will end up with someone like Man Utd putting in a big bid for him.

Agree with all of that.