emre's performance today

jezper

Guest Invicta_Toon

as usual NUFC has ruined another promising player through ridiculous expectations

How is that then? If anything, by bringing in Duff, N'Zogbia has been used more sparingly, and is not relied upon as much as last season for example.

So unless you mean the fans have ruined N'Zogbia, by hoping he'd turn into a top class player - and presumably transferring this pressure onto N'Zogbia telepathically, your post doesn't make any sense.

telepathy? no, not quite...

Guest Action Verb

as usual NUFC has ruined another promising player through ridiculous expectations

How is that then? If anything, by bringing in Duff, N'Zogbia has been used more sparingly, and is not relied upon as much as last season for example.

So unless you mean the fans have ruined N'Zogbia, by hoping he'd turn into a top class player - and presumably transferring this pressure onto N'Zogbia telepathically, your post doesn't make any sense.

telepathy? no, not quite...

So then, after having an excellent second half of the season last year, how has N'Zogbia been ruined through ridiculous expectations? Considering he started, and continues, this season on the bench?

Guest Pugwash

I thought Emre was crap until the last 10 mins as well. That was when he pushed up to their penalty area and started playing football, with Dyer, through Man City.  Perhaps that is where he should be, instead of sitting deep; and if there are players who can play around him perhaps those last 10 mins can be repeated for longer periods in future games, and we might see the best of Martins in this way as well.

Guest the_guv_nor

Emre was poor today imo, gave away the bal too much, him and parker werent inking up well and he only picked up his game in the last mins.

Tbh  he is usually quite poor away from home so i didnt expect much more.

Guest Action Verb

how can anyone single out 1 player as being crap today?

they were ALL crap

You haven't answered as to how N'Zogbia's been ruined through ridiculous expectations?

.....................................................given.................................................

....................taylor.....................moore.................ramage.......................

solano....................................................................................Duff.............

....................Dyer.....................Parker..............Emre................................

.............................Martins.........................Sibierski...................................

Probably what i would try for some up coming matches although it does look a tad too attacking i guess!

I wouldn't put Duff there, he's fucking useless! rather we played Luque instead.

Guest Ridzuan

I agree that his contributions today was mostly poor,especially the free kicks and I was disappointed when he got himself booked,which means he will be suspended from our next match.Other than that,I think he did OK.

Guest the_guv_nor

I agree that his contributions today was mostly poor,especially the free kicks and I was disappointed when he got himself booked,which means he will be suspended from our next match.Other than that,I think he did OK.

he got booked, gave away the ball ots, wasted 2 free kicks!!! but apart from that he did ok did he?

Guest Ridzuan

he got booked, gave away the ball ots, wasted 2 free kicks!!! but apart from that he did ok did he?

In the last part of the match,thats where I thought he did OK.

Guest the_guv_nor

The whole team don't work. It's not just Emre-Parker.

yeah we know that, but this particuar topic is about 'emres performance today' thats why we are pin pointing his poor performance, just like i have already mensioned Carrs terrible performance in another thread.

yeah we know that, but this particuar topic is about 'emres performance today' thats why we are pin pointing his poor performance, just like i have already mensioned Carrs terrible performance in another thread.

It was a response to the quote by skirge here - "Parker - Emre thing does  not work and most people can see that... "

I just couldn't be bothered to quote it..................until you made me.

Guest the_guv_nor

It was a response to the quote by skirge here - "Parker - Emre thing does  not work and most people can see that... "

I just couldn't be bothered to quote it..................until you made me.

:cool:

he was one of the only few trying to look forward take risks, imo. So you can expect to lose posession. Its easy to play safe, pass it sideways or back, which some have criticised him for. But playing the ball forward trying to create is where it counts in the end.  I agree he didn't play well, firtst half not much too show for. I thought he linked up very well with Dyer in the end. I really want to see Emre play further up front, that's where his true potential lies, we saw it in the last few mins of the game. Its hard to criticise him for set pieces in this game, I mean how many chances did he get? Milner wasted a couple corners too, as a team not one set piece was good, that I can think of.

Guest khainufc

with dyer back...

expect emre and hopefully the whole team will shine...

dyer simply the man to lift our team up...

and expect to see emre and dyer combination....with parker doing all the dirty work...

Thought he had a cracking second half, particularly when Dyer came on.

Still though, the first half highlighted the need for having both a good manager and some form of squad depth. This was the type of game where we could do with a powerhouse or battling midfielder in alongside Parker, and Emre could be either rotated or played in another position. As well as this, he didnt seem to be motivated at all in the first half, like the rest of the team there was no belief in their own ability - for whatever reason, when Dyer came on, this seemed to change, and we immediately looked a pretty good side.

There was a time yesterday when we were going forward, not doing anything out of the ordinary, just pushing forward on the wings about 30 yards out. Both Parker AND Emre were still in our own half!

I really rate Parker, think he's quality but Emre is another matter. As a sitting player he might be ok, but he's there as the attacking midfield player, the creative outlet. How can he create anything when he's 40 yards behind the ball? Parker can be excused to an extent as he's the holding player, but surely if Emre says he'll sit back then Parker should bomb forward? The balance is so wrong.

Emre was no worse than anyone else today, the Parker - Emre thing does  not work and most people can see that...

Bloody strange then that on matchday the majority on here name them as a pair in their favoured XI.

I still dont see it.

Absolutely nothing has changed since the initial comments of their partnership being shiite were put forward many months ago. We're still a poor team managed by a poor coach, with shiite movement and linkup play. A Parker-Emre midfield is not suited for that type of team, but it can be a top partnership in the right circumstances.

When Dyer came on, we dominated the game, particularly in central midfield, where we passed the ball around them, and towards the end we were cutting through them like a knife through butter. No end product? No creativity? It was all there in the latter stages of yesterday's game. Why did it take a substitution and the belief that we could nick a win for there to be such a big difference?

IMO thats clearly an indication that we have the wrong players around Parker-Emre for that partnership to work, as well as a lack of good coaching/tactics/drilling, rather than the partnership itself being unable to work. That partnership will excel if it has the players around it to carry the attacking burden (which Dyer is able to do), its what many of the top teams have (although we're missing a destroy/powerhouse option to add to the central midfield pool).

Question is, do we want to change the central midfield to get the best out of a shiite team, or show some patience, improve the team/setup and get the best out of a potentially very good midfield?

Emre was no worse than anyone else today, the Parker - Emre thing does not work and most people can see that...

Bloody strange then that on matchday the majority on here name them as a pair in their favoured XI.

I still dont see it.

Absolutely nothing has changed since the initial comments of their partnership being shiite were put forward many months ago. We're still a poor team managed by a poor coach, with shiite movement and linkup play. A Parker-Emre midfield is not suited for that type of team, but it can be a top partnership in the right circumstances.

When Dyer came on, we dominated the game, particularly in central midfield, where we passed the ball around them, and towards the end we were cutting through them like a knife through butter. No end product? No creativity? It was all there in the latter stages of yesterday's game. Why did it take a substitution and the belief that we could nick a win for there to be such a big difference?

IMO thats clearly an indication that we have the wrong players around Parker-Emre for that partnership to work, as well as a lack of good coaching/tactics/drilling, rather than the partnership itself being unable to work. That partnership will excel if it has the players around it to carry the attacking burden (which Dyer is able to do), its what many of the top teams have (although we're missing a destroy/powerhouse option to add to the central midfield pool).

Question is, do we want to change the central midfield to get the best out of a shiite team, or show some patience, improve the team/setup and get the best out of a potentially very good midfield?

quality post....especially the bit in bold.

I'm glad someone is open minded about it :roll: