Shepherd plans Toon takeover - Doesn't make for pretty reading

JH

strange how this thread has gone down the pan, since macbeths monkey swiftly followed by Kluiverthino decided to enter the fray, avoiding the main question though   :lol:

The threads go down the pan when the:

"Still havent answered the question I see"

"I have can't you read"

"no you haven't, I can read, you can't"

"No, I can read, you can't answer the question"

"where were you when..."

:lol: "

" :lol: "

"so when are you going to answer the question?"

"I have answered it, can't you read, answer my question"

"avoiding the question again, probably because you werent there right?"

"I have answered the question, cant you read?"

"so when are you going to answer the question on page xx?"

"Still can't read I see, when are you going to answer my question"

and so on and so on and so on way into double figure pages!

All Shephard has to do to be a good chairman is appoint a manager with a domestic and European track record, foreign or not, and back him - allow him to build the club up the way he sees fit - backroom staff, scouting network, transfers.

Doesnt matter if we dont win anything, doesnt matter if were mid table for a season or two, all we're asking for is someone who deserves the job to get it, and then to be backed - not only with some money (Dalglish wasnt), but also in all other aspects of running the club. Sir Bobby was a great appointment, Shephard's only "successful" one out of 5 thus far, yet it only lasted a few years before he stopped backing Sir Bobby, refusing to purchase who Sir Bobby wanted because he thought Sir Bobby had already spent too much (yet has the cheek to claim he backs his managers with money), refusing to back Sir Bobby when he tried to sell Shearer, refusing to install the modern training systems that Sir Bobby requested.

Just appoint a proven good manager, and back him. Thats all he has to do, all we're asking for. Its not much at all, in fact its what he should be doing in his job as chairman. Its got **** all to do with "life cycles" of a club being at the top and being unable to last there.

Yet he cant do it. He lives in his own world, where he knows the best way of running the club and us fans are just idiots to be controlled like kids with presents (players), promises and "pleasant suprises". In his own world, decisions like appointing Souness are good ones, even though the rest of the world can see likewise.

Shame. We could and should be doing so much better, not because we're blind or have fantasies of the club being bigger than it is or have too high expectations, but because the board have consistently given the wrong man the job, or given the right man the job and failed to back him in more ways than one.

The turning point is in bold, in my opinion.

But then far be it from me to slag Fred, according to the monkey, Oz  and now cyberbats I love Fred..... ;)

What do you have against Shearer? I remember sometime last year when we were still in 14th or something like that and Shearer came out and said 'we can still make 7th', your response was something along the lines of 'here he goes spouting shit again'...

And now putting our downfall on the fact that we did not sell our main striker who had just scored 28 goals the season prior (iirc). I hate it when people now overplay the importance of Bellamy. Before, Bellamy was underrated.. now? He's just ****ing overrated. Sure, he changed the way we played, which lengthened Shearer's career by a few years but if Shearer wasn't there to finish those balls sent in by him and our wingers, we would never have reached the heights that we did. Bellamy never ****ing scored more than 10 league goals in a season for us!! And as we can see now, with Shearer gone, we are really desperate for a goalscorer similar to him.

Nowt.  Not being funny, but I'd like you to find the post you refer to.

In general terms I think Shearer does spout shite in that he talks in cliches. He also babbles a load of shite about Geordies thinking winning the FA Cup is more important than the league. Apart from that he's just another player who has played and done well for the club I support. They come and go. I'm not interested in a hero and I'm not interested in sentimentality either. He should have gone sooner than he did, well before the end he was holding the club back and I don't like that no matter how good he was in his prime.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,17785.msg331286.html#msg331286

Here.

Thanks.

You could tell me now what your problem is? He's spouting cliche ridden shite, is he not? Which is what I said.

strange how this thread has gone down the pan, since macbeths monkey swiftly followed by Kluiverthino decided to enter the fray, avoiding the main question though   :lol:

"I have can't you read"

"where were you when..."

well, I thought it was OK .. I will leave it to you to consider the contribution made by Kluivertdhino .... and the failure of macbeths monkey to backup his opinions with factual information

All Shephard has to do to be a good chairman is appoint a manager with a domestic and European track record, foreign or not, and back him - allow him to build the club up the way he sees fit - backroom staff, scouting network, transfers.

Doesnt matter if we dont win anything, doesnt matter if were mid table for a season or two, all we're asking for is someone who deserves the job to get it, and then to be backed - not only with some money (Dalglish wasnt), but also in all other aspects of running the club. Sir Bobby was a great appointment, Shephard's only "successful" one out of 5 thus far, yet it only lasted a few years before he stopped backing Sir Bobby, refusing to purchase who Sir Bobby wanted because he thought Sir Bobby had already spent too much (yet has the cheek to claim he backs his managers with money), refusing to back Sir Bobby when he tried to sell Shearer, refusing to install the modern training systems that Sir Bobby requested.

Just appoint a proven good manager, and back him. Thats all he has to do, all we're asking for. Its not much at all, in fact its what he should be doing in his job as chairman. Its got **** all to do with "life cycles" of a club being at the top and being unable to last there.

Yet he cant do it. He lives in his own world, where he knows the best way of running the club and us fans are just idiots to be controlled like kids with presents (players), promises and "pleasant suprises". In his own world, decisions like appointing Souness are good ones, even though the rest of the world can see likewise.

Shame. We could and should be doing so much better, not because we're blind or have fantasies of the club being bigger than it is or have too high expectations, but because the board have consistently given the wrong man the job, or given the right man the job and failed to back him in more ways than one.

But then far be it from me to slag Fred, according to the monkey, Oz  and now cyberbats I love Fred..... ;)

What do you have against Shearer? I remember sometime last year when we were still in 14th or something like that and Shearer came out and said 'we can still make 7th', your response was something along the lines of 'here he goes spouting shit again'...

And now putting our downfall on the fact that we did not sell our main striker who had just scored 28 goals the season prior (iirc). I hate it when people now overplay the importance of Bellamy. Before, Bellamy was underrated.. now? He's just ****ing overrated. Sure, he changed the way we played, which lengthened Shearer's career by a few years but if Shearer wasn't there to finish those balls sent in by him and our wingers, we would never have reached the heights that we did. Bellamy never ****ing scored more than 10 league goals in a season for us!! And as we can see now, with Shearer gone, we are really desperate for a goalscorer similar to him.

In general terms I think Shearer does spout shite in that he talks in cliches. He also babbles a load of shite about Geordies thinking winning the FA Cup is more important than the league. Apart from that he's just another player who has played and done well for the club I support. They come and go. I'm not interested in a hero and I'm not interested in sentimentality either. He should have gone sooner than he did, well before the end he was holding the club back and I don't like that no matter how good he was in his prime.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,17785.msg331286.html#msg331286

Here.

Thanks.

You could tell me now what your problem is? He's spouting cliche ridden shite, is he not? Which is what I said.

It wasn't so much shite considering where we ended up now, was it?

No surprise that Shearer is spouting off yet more shite.

And did I miss the part where you mentioned that what he was saying was cliched? Or was that somehow implied in your brief statement?

It went down hill when you brought up the "why Waddle, Beardsley, Gazza, Robson, Lee and Cox all left the club." question yet again.

It's off topic and the bickering it eventually leads to just spoils a good thread.

"I have can't you read"

"where were you when..."

well, I thought it was OK .. I will leave it to you to consider the contribution made by Kluivertdhino .... and the failure of macbeths monkey to backup his opinions with factual information

:lol: serious question.. how did Omardinho become Kluivertdhino??? :lol: isn't his avatar actually a pic of Maradona??

It went down hill when you brought up the "why Waddle, Beardsley, Gazza, Robson, Lee and Cox all left the club." question yet again.

It's off topic and the bickering it eventually leads to just spoils a good thread.

I think that's the point of it – to render any discussion useless.

Here.

Thanks.

And did I miss the part where you mentioned that what he was saying was cliched? Or was that somehow implied in your brief statement?

What is it to you anyway, you his dad or something?

strange how this thread has gone down the pan, since macbeths monkey swiftly followed by Kluiverthino decided to enter the fray, avoiding the main question though  :lol:

Actually, the well written and considered posts (whether agreed with or not) ended with this one.....

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,32099.msg613950.html#msg613950

Here.

Thanks.

Yes bluebigrazz.gif

Here.

Thanks.

Yes bluebigrazz.gif

Oh well, did he learn to spout such shite from you?  bluebiggrin.gif :winking:

Anal denied the story. link

Meanwhile, reports over the weekend claiming United chairman Freddy Shepherd was going to buy out the shares of Sir John Hall and his son Douglas are not correct.

Well, macbeths monkey could reply, or maybe I think that these threads go downhill when people like him spout their "damned whatever they do" tripe .

Do YOU think decades of selling your best players and ending up staring at the old 3rd division is the same as buying England players and playing in europe ? And, it IS relevant, for no other reason that it shows how much progress and comparitive degree of success we have made since 1992.

"I have can't you read"

"where were you when..."

:lol: serious question.. how did Omardinho become Kluivertdhino??? :lol: isn't his avatar actually a pic of Maradona??

Omar became Omardhino....then a Kluivert worshipper, or Ronaldhino....something like that  :lol: then he thought I was someone called Fraser .... but whatever name he's used, he's still posted rubbish

Actually, the well written and considered posts (whether agreed with or not) ended with this one.....

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,32099.msg613950.html#msg613950

looking back, that seems correct, but Baggio - and others - don't seem to want to confirm it

strange how this thread has gone down the pan, since macbeths monkey swiftly followed by Kluiverthino decided to enter the fray, avoiding the main question though  :lol:

"I have can't you read"

"where were you when..."

Omar became Omardhino....then a Kluivert worshipper, or Ronaldhino....something like that :lol: then he thought I was someone called Fraser .... but whatever name he's used, he's still posted rubbish

bluesleepw.gif tbh....

"I have can't you read"

"where were you when..."

Omar became Omardhino....then a Kluivert worshipper, or Ronaldhino....something like that :lol: then he thought I was someone called Fraser .... but whatever name he's used, he's still posted rubbish

bluesleepw.gif tbh....

congratulations on another post showing us your knowledge of the football club. You obviously won't be accused of spoiling threads and wasting people's time.

"I have can't you read"

"where were you when..."

bluesleepw.gif tbh....

congratulations on another post showing us your knowledge of the football club. You obviously won't be accused of spoiling threads and wasting people's time.

you're not worth it, that's why.

"I have can't you read"

"where were you when..."

bluesleepw.gif tbh....

you're not worth it, that's why.

Wasn't really referring to a reply you might make to me, dinho lad, in fact I'm more than pleased when you don't . ...