Barry Moat - I'd sell the naming rights.

peasepud

Guest icemanblue

Surely, the whole point of the trust is for everyone to have their say? The overwhelming majority of supporters/stakeholders would not want the stadium renamed, therefore, it's a no-go suggestion.

What's hard to understand?

So the NUST is happy for the average fan to put their pensions into help their cause, but if a multibillionaire company wants to stick millions in and their name in front of St James', then it's a no-go as far as they're concerned?

Sorry but I don't like that one little bit. Very closed-minded.

Closed-minded to what? Hardly any clubs have done this anywhere in Europe. Selling the naming rights to an existing stadium which has been the home of a club for over a century is extremely rare. The chairman has said it will not be used to improve the team. Of course it's a no-go, why on earth would any fan want this to go ahead?

Do you honestly see our rivals worrying if we sold our stadium's name? Worried that we'll suddenly be financially stronger and buying better players? No chance. They'll be loving it.

Surely, the whole point of the trust is for everyone to have their say? The overwhelming majority of supporters/stakeholders would not want the stadium renamed, therefore, it's a no-go suggestion.

I don't think any owner (bar Ashley) would consider the naming rights unless it was necessary. Supporters can't see the financial side of things, so if a new owner/President sees the ground as a way of easing the financial problems, buying a new player or whatever, it should be his call.

Guest icemanblue

I don't think any owner (bar Ashley) would consider the naming rights unless it was necessary. Supporters can't see the financial side of things, so if a new owner/President sees the ground as a way of easing the financial problems, buying a new player or whatever, it should be his call.

Well, if the President, or whoever, wants to make such a change it would be up to them to communicate to the supporters/stakeholders why they wish to do it. Then, there'd be a vote.

Hardly rocket science, is it?

Guest icemanblue

Also, what happens if Moat does buy the club. Will the NUST be at his neck before his feet are even under his desk?

'Quick, better change my tactic. Gotta bash them somehow!'

SSN just said coming up Barry Moat tells us why he has not given up hope of buying Newcasrle, I hope its a LIVE phonecall. Its about time we heard from him on WHA THE FK HAS GONE ON!

Has Ashley fkd him over or has ge never really had the funds.

Guest icemanblue

How's it making Ashley look any better?

Our supposed 'saviour' would have done the same thing, therefore... ah, fuck it. There's no way you're this thick.

Poor choice of words. I mean it's making the current most likely alternative seem no better over this issue.

Does it not seem strange to anyone else that this is the first thing they've released from the interview?

my personal opinion is that Moat has just been used by Ashley to try and attract interest in others to buy the club and this is just another piece of Ashley propaganda rather than NUST propaganda like someone said earlier.

It hasn't worked then. No one is interested in buying the club at the current valuation, Ashley can keep trying to flush out mystery bidders till the cows come home.

Also, what happens if Moat does buy the club. Will the NUST be at his neck before his feet are even under his desk?

Or the fans for that matter.

Why has he come out when the fans are at their most furious and put himself directly in the firing line? Why break his silence just to do that? Hardly seems like the actions of a prospective buyer.

Guest icemanblue

How's it making Ashley look any better?

Our supposed 'saviour' would have done the same thing, therefore... ah, f*** it. There's no way you're this thick.

Give over man. :lol:

???

Why has he come out when the fans are at their most furious and put himself directly in the firing line? Why break his silence just to do that? Hardly seems like the actions of a prospective buyer.

That's my point though, I think the interview needs to be seen in full and in context. It's fishy as fuck that SSN chose to release 'Moat would change stadium name too' before 'Moat still hopes to buy club'.

Well, if the President, or whoever, wants to make such a change it would be up to them to communicate to the supporters/stakeholders why they wish to do it. Then, there'd be a vote.

Hardly rocket science, is it?

Surely the president is elected in the same way the Prime Minister is. Then it is up to the President to make the call on decisions such as this, not going back to the trust for their approval? You may as well just have a figure head president if that is the case

Why not? Most businessmen will look for opportunites to make their investments more profitable, most just wouldn't be so cack-handed as Ashley about it.

I would love for Moat to get the club, any fker HAS to be better than Ashley, IF Most wanted to sell the naming rights I think most fans would take that, if it helped raise funds for players. Ashley doing it is just seen as the fat cunt having another pop at us just another way for him to take the piss. No matter what Ashley does not the fans are not going to back him, he has blown it here big time.

SSN will try to pick the most controversial bits from the interview to release first that's just jouralism, they all do it. I do think SSN are pro Ashley as much as they want the scoop from our circus club so keeping him onside is best for them.

From NUFC.Com

Failed bidder Barry breaks his silence

Speaking to Sky Sports News on Sunday, Barry Moat said:

"For one reason or another it didn't come to pass. It's extremely disappointing. It's something we'd given up a lot of time and effort and abortive costs with so I've been feeling pretty bruised by the whole process.

"As my wife keeps telling me, 'No-one's died' so you've got to get on. That's fundamentally where I see it now.

"I think from my perspective I don't think Mike Ashley wants to stay at St James' Park for the long term, so I'll never give up. I'll keep beavering away in the background and hopefully one day we'll get there.

"Hopefully he'll make some investment in the club. Hopefully we'll get some commercial partners. Hopefully the money will be spent on the playing squad and that bears fruit and we get back to where we deserve.

"Let's face it Newcastle is a massive club. 43,000 to 44,000 people turned up there the other week to watch Peterborough.

"No disrespect to Peterborough, but they brought some great fans. This is Newcastle United, it is a massive club. It's a global brand and it should be at the top of European football."

When asked about the contentious stadium naming rights issue, he commented:

"I think you have to explore things like naming rights - you have to do that.

"Unfortunately we live in a world where football is big business, and the gap between the Championship and the Premier League is getting bigger all the time.

"So you have to do things to close that gap. We need to get back up to the Premier League as quickly as possible.

"I think if you have to do some of those things, by taking the commercial benefit of a sponsor, then as far as I'm concerned if that gets the right players on the pitch, gives you the right entertainment on a Saturday, then where do I sign?"

Moat could have passed comment on a variety of relevant subjects regarding his abortive bid to buy the club, but was instead content trot out the SJP party line.

This latest SkySports-engineered utterance does nothing to dispel the theory that Moat is simply a stooge for the current regime.

Sitting alongside Ashley and Llambias in the Directors' Box and very publicly shaking hands was always strange behaviour for someone supposedly engaged in hard-line business negotiations.

The naming of Moat in official club press releases as both potential bidder and then failed bidder always struck us as odd - a luxury nobody else was afforded.

We're also deeply troubled by an email from one of Moat's former school colleagues telling us that he used to bring in cassettes of Stiff Little Fingers' John Peel sessions, claiming to be the band's manager....

We were going to label this as a missed attempt by Moat to communicate with fans, but given that recent events have seen him become totally irrelevant, who cares?

He basically said he put a lot of time and effort into making the bid for the club. Is almost certain Ashley still wants to sell and reckons he can still buy the club. Recognises investment is needed, and is hoping that Ashley puts money into buying players for as long as he's still there.

Said we're far too big to be where we are, 43k just to see Peterborough, and remains hopeful.