Lua-Lua to Spurs?

Jordan

Always worth posting this, dated as June 2007

Portsmouth striker Lomana LuaLua believes he would put on a pedestal similar to Ronaldinho if he plied his trade in Spain.

The former Newcastle forward fears his silky skills and dazzling footwork are not appreciated in the Premiership.

And he feels a move to Spain would bring the best out of his ability as teams would mould their tactics around his unpredictable performances.

LuaLua only scored two goals last season after being hit by injuries and personal problems off the pitch.

He has been linked with a move to Espanyol but has been told by Pompey manager Harry Redknapp that he has a future at Fratton Park if he starts to realise his potential.

But LuaLua said: "When I watch Ronaldinho playing for Barcelona I say to myself: 'I can do what he's doing'. In countries like Spain, a player of my talent would have the team built around them.

"But in England, where they place more emphasis on the team, they tend not to build teams around one player.

"Everyone has special gifts and fortunately I'm one of those players that can do unexpected and unpredictable things but that is not always appreciated over here."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-460275/If-I-played-Spain-theyd-build-team-insists-Pompey-striker-LuaLua.html