souness' fallouts

lovejoy

Guest Stephen927

Probably fell out with many more players but it just hasn't been leaked to the press. All managers fall out with players, you can't get on with everyone all the time, he's chatting shite.

"Proper players", "wide workers". He had more buzzwords than some jobsworth middle manager.

Can anyone remember his in thought out idea to do a two hour phone-in with Mick Lowes? Within the first half an hour he'd already had fans haul him over the coal for not playing Robert about three or four times :lol:

That said I've never heard a bad word said about him from those supporters who met him. Lovely bloke, always had time for the fans, signed every autograph. Shame he was useless where it really mattered.

Guest GAMMELL

"Man's man"

"Proper player"

"Wide workers"

"Lady Luck"

"The ref..."

"Swirling wind"

"Bubbly pitch"

It was like he rehersed it.

Add "goal getter" to that list.

The stinking blob of steaming jock dogshit

The man was a bully and a c***. Im amazed at how much sence he seems to talk on Sky, until it comes to his own managerial record.

Thats his problem, he can talk  good game but could never get the players to do what he wanted.

The mans a pleb.

Wigan away with our full team out, Saunders on the touch line waving his arms about suggesting to hoof it long to Albert Luque and Sheaer.

Albert Luque was never going to win a single f***ing header.

The thing that made it even worse was, Wigan played football and destroyed us.

Terrible Terrible Terrible.

this may sound far fetched but i think had it not been for given at the time we might have been relegated that year some of the saves he made realy kept our head just above the water and to be fair to souness though he apparently didnt want owen and luque and would have prefered boa morte and anelka

Soumess said that years later at the time with hindsight

Here are some quotes from him at the time:

Souness added: "The chairman nearly fell off his seat when I handed him a piece of paper saying this was the man I wanted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4200808.stm

On Luque

"One of my best friends in football, who is deeply involved in Spanish football (Souness' former Liverpool team-mate, Michael Robinson), has told me that Luque would put his hand in the fire for me in terms of his personality," said the Newcastle boss. "I'm big on personalities and it is something we have enquired about.

http://archive.thisisthenortheast.co.uk/2005/8/27/204716.html

More blast from the past Soumess quotes

His chairman had opined that "this club belongs in Europe and because of that we are pursuing the Intertoto Cup route to the Uefa Cup, Europe's second-biggest club tournament". In the event, the plan not only proved futile, Souness's side eliminated by Deportivo La Coruña, but it laid the basis for the more mischievous among us to observe that manager and chairman were not entirely in accord.

Souness scoffs, and sounds convincing when he declares: "You do not get a job at a club like this if everything is rosy. But I'm happy here and there is no problem between the chairman and me whatsoever. I have a working relationship with him which has worked fantastically well if you go back through the Bellamy situation, the Robert situation. Getting in Boumsong, Scott Parker, Emre, Craig Moore, he's supported me in everything I've wanted to do."

The manager adds: "I know that between now and the end of the transfer window, he'll be on the phone constantly every day, trying to make things happen for this club. I frustrate him because I'm always asking. I never leave him alone. I see that as part of my job but I'm sure at times he wants to put the phone down and tell me to bugger off."

The problem, Souness claims is, "the players we are targeting are top players at top clubs who don't want to sell. No one has said they're not interested. They'd all love to come and play for this club. This is a club people want to play for, and we've targeted some big players." He pauses, before adding as if to underline the point: "As I understand it, Michael Owen is still a realistic possibility."

Full article & more shite from him @

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/graeme-souness-i-never-leave-the-chairman-alone-i-see-it-as-part-of-my-job-502804.html