Barnsley 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 12/12/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Nate

Bizarre, because all I got was 'good luck lads', 'hope you go up' etc....

Nah me and Dave were stood next to this right dick head shouting his mouth, then a couple of kids barged past and muttered something.

Reading one of their forums they reckon they out played and out sang us.

They probably edged the game, but I didn't hear their fans except for the 15 mins out of the 90 that they weren't behind.

Well, first things first. My young un loved it, from getting the thumbs up from the caoched as we passed in the car and he was showing his scarf to walking to the ground from the car park and watching the North Stand bouncing and reverberating with constant noise. "It's just like a home game, dad. But better". Brilliant stuff.

Barnsley were there for the taking. No better than the cannon fodder this league serves up week after week. Our team of 92/93 would have mullered them. Our team of 09 should have been set up to attack, but wasn't. We edged the first half and after the goal they wobbled. A Shola, perhaps a Lovenkrands or even a Ranger up with Carrol (who won everything in the air) would have put their feeble back line under more than they could have coped with. Unfortunately, the lack of pace and creativity in midfield meant that taken one of them out for the forward meant we'd not have coped with their young'uns in their midfield who were a yard quicker. I was impressed with Bobby Hassell, their right back who was composed, strong, quick and even scored the header. Darren Moore was a lumbering muscle man that Lovenkrands would have ran in to the ground but our midfield would have suffered.

Although it's nicer to watch us win more this term, I worry about this squad in the Premiership. We'd challenge Derby and the mackems for the lowest point total. Will Ashley sell? I doubt anyone would pay £200m for us. He'll stay and asset strip further (Enrique, S Taylor for a start) and replace with kids and loans. I worry for the future and there seems to be no real bright light at the end of this season. God, I hate to be pessimistic, it's really not in my nature and 35 yrs after watching my 1st game, I hate to feel this way. Still, it's only a game as the wife constantly tells me.

Happy Christmas chaps.

Well said Milburn lad - the 92/93 side WOULD have mullered most teams in this league and DID 'muller' Barnsley 6-0 at SJP in March 1993 as I remember.

No way will this side survive in the Prem unchanged.

Maybe, BUT the 1992/93 team got beat 1-0 at Barnsley in dec 1992.

Well, first things first. My young un loved it, from getting the thumbs up from the caoched as we passed in the car and he was showing his scarf to walking to the ground from the car park and watching the North Stand bouncing and reverberating with constant noise. "It's just like a home game, dad. But better". Brilliant stuff.

Barnsley were there for the taking. No better than the cannon fodder this league serves up week after week. Our team of 92/93 would have mullered them. Our team of 09 should have been set up to attack, but wasn't. We edged the first half and after the goal they wobbled. A Shola, perhaps a Lovenkrands or even a Ranger up with Carrol (who won everything in the air) would have put their feeble back line under more than they could have coped with. Unfortunately, the lack of pace and creativity in midfield meant that taken one of them out for the forward meant we'd not have coped with their young'uns in their midfield who were a yard quicker. I was impressed with Bobby Hassell, their right back who was composed, strong, quick and even scored the header. Darren Moore was a lumbering muscle man that Lovenkrands would have ran in to the ground but our midfield would have suffered.

Although it's nicer to watch us win more this term, I worry about this squad in the Premiership. We'd challenge Derby and the mackems for the lowest point total. Will Ashley sell? I doubt anyone would pay £200m for us. He'll stay and asset strip further (Enrique, S Taylor for a start) and replace with kids and loans. I worry for the future and there seems to be no real bright light at the end of this season. God, I hate to be pessimistic, it's really not in my nature and 35 yrs after watching my 1st game, I hate to feel this way. Still, it's only a game as the wife constantly tells me.

Happy Christmas chaps.

Well said Milburn lad - the 92/93 side WOULD have mullered most teams in this league and DID 'muller' Barnsley 6-0 at SJP in March 1993 as I remember.

Maybe, BUT the 1992/92 team got beat 1-0 at Barnsley in dec 1992.

:lol:

Happy Christmas chaps.

...True - but do you think that Ashley will buy players like Andy Cole(as KK did in the second half of the 92/93 season)which were instrumental in our getting some big scores late in the season..?

And do you think that we will beat Barnsley 6-0 at SJP this time round(or anyone, come to that)?

Happy Christmas chaps.

...True - but do you think that Ashley will buy players like Andy Cole(as KK did in the second half of the 92/93 season)which were instrumental in our getting some big scores late in the season..?

And do you think that we will beat Barnsley 6-0 at SJP this time round(or anyone, come to that)?

No, No chance.

Why do they pretend theyre watching it live, its so obvious theyre putting the commentary on afterwards.

And about Nolan: "Well he was sent off against Watford, this is his last game before a ban"   :thdn:

Btw id thought Carroll was at fault for their late equaliser but its clearly down to Khizanishvili if you have a watch, he drops off him for no reason to mark the guy behind him whos already being covered. Dont want to see him playing for us again, useless.

Why do they pretend theyre watching it live, its so obvious theyre putting the commentary on afterwards.

And about Nolan: "Well he was sent off against Watford, this is his last game before a ban"   :thdn:

Btw their last minute equaliser id thought Carroll was at fault for their late equaliser but its clearly down to Khizanishvili if you have a watch, he drops off him for no reason to mark the guy behind him whos already being covered. Dont want to see him playing for us again, useless.

Think he has gone back to Blackburn so we will not have to see the useless twat again.

Anyone hear the stadium announcer before the match reading out the teams?

Some classics were: Nile Wrang-her, Peter Loo-venkrands, Fabricio Coll-o chinney and he didn't bother with all of Jonas' second name and just said ''Jonas Guti''

Anyone hear the stadium announcer before the match reading out the teams?

Some classics were: Nile Wrang-her, Peter Loo-venkrands, Fabricio Coll-o chinney and he didn't bother with all of Jonas' second name and just said ''Jonas Guti''

Shola Amleebee was the best