Did Wolves concede the game to Man Utd

cp40

To me, its not that a full Wolves team would have got anything at Old Trafford. It's more that playing in such a game and pitting themselves against the best should be what getting into the PL is all about. Much the same as teams who work all season to get a place in Europe, then when the games come around they rest the better players and moan about the number of games.

Spot on

Whats the point in playing at the top level if you dont test yourself against the top teams - thats what supporting a team is all about. You can play teams like Burnley and Wigan in the Championship every week - may as well stop there with an attitude like McCarthy's.

I would rather get relegated than see Newcastle adopt that attitude

How any fan would rather his team were relegated over any given reason is beyond me.

What's the reason to stay up if you won't play against the other teams?

Money. On which the footballing world, like it or not, revolves.

To me, its not that a full Wolves team would have got anything at Old Trafford. It's more that playing in such a game and pitting themselves against the best should be what getting into the PL is all about. Much the same as teams who work all season to get a place in Europe, then when the games come around they rest the better players and moan about the number of games.

Spot on

Whats the point in playing at the top level if you dont test yourself against the top teams - thats what supporting a team is all about. You can play teams like Burnley and Wigan in the Championship every week - may as well stop there with an attitude like McCarthy's.

How any fan would rather his team were relegated over any given reason is beyond me.

The fans don't care about the money though.

Spot on

I think they'd care about going down.

The whole thing has been blown out of proportion anyway - my point all along is that McCarthy was well within his rights to do what he did, because he saw it as a key part of his plans to achieve the ultimate objective in his eyes, which is to stay up.

For me, pride, dignity and tradition count far more than grim survival in the premier league. Wolves lost all that on Tuesday night and I would be f***ing livid if Newcastle ever thought about doing it.

Agree 100%

Spot on

The whole thing has been blown out of proportion anyway - my point all along is that McCarthy was well within his rights to do what he did, because he saw it as a key part of his plans to achieve the ultimate objective in his eyes, which is to stay up.

If this is where football is heading, I wish the "top four" would bugger off into their European Super League faster than fuck so the others can play football.

Spot on

If this is where football is heading, I wish the "top four" would bugger off into their European Super League faster than fuck so the others can play football.

I don't want it to go that way but that's where it is at the moment in my eyes.

If players did this instead of the manager itd be a completely different story you know.

If they stopped bothering to play against the top 4 & walked around for 80% of the matched so they were more "rested". Im sure everyone would be well impressed with the sensible approach they were taking, regardless of how it damaged the point of them being there atall.

Spot on

For me, pride, dignity and tradition count far more than grim survival in the premier league. Wolves lost all that on Tuesday night and I would be f***ing livid if Newcastle ever thought about doing it.

Brilliant :lol: So how does McCarthy get this across to the board? "Yeah gaffer, I know we went down but at least the pride, dignity and tradition of the club is still in tact ey?"

"Here's your P45 Mick...."