Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

Guest neesy111

Just goes to show how badly football has been run/managed by the owners.  What the hell Scudamore was doing running about like a rat looking for more money I dont know.

What they should have been doing was saying "what can we do to make the league sustainable and competetive"

Instead of looking for more and more money each season,  Dickheads should have all agreed on a salary and transfer cap.  Nobs.

a salary and transfer cap wont come out of the premier league thats for sure it works against their main philosophy: spend spend spend fuck the long term consequences.

I feel for the portsmouth fans but somebody has to be made an example of if it will get it into the heads of some thick owners that spending way beyond your means is a bad thing. Besides even if they survive today it will only put off their doom for a while, they're fucked and we all know it

i think the salary cap will come soon tbh, if pompey go then it will be the biggest shock to english football for many a year.

scudamore has to go from the premier league though

Guest neesy111

With regards to Palace & Portsmouth. At Palace the biggest loser cash wise is Jordan. The biggest loser cash wise if it goes tits up at Pompey the current bloke in charge.

He owns the ground does he not?

is that simon jordon?

With regards to Palace & Portsmouth. At Palace the biggest loser cash wise is Jordan. The biggest loser cash wise if it goes tits up at Pompey the current bloke in charge.

is that simon jordon?

No, Balram Chainrai. When he first got involved it was strongly rumoured it was part of the deal but the club denied it. I've heard over recent weeks it's now widely agreed he owns the ground.

is that simon jordon?

No, Balram Chainrai. When he first got involved it was strongly rumoured it was part of the deal but the club denied it. I've heard over recent weeks it's now widely agreed he owns the ground.

well if he owns the club he owns the ground i suppose

is that simon jordon?

Not really. Grounds are seperate from clubs, they're bought and sold. Selhurst Park wasn't owned by Palace until only a few years ago thanks to Goldberg.

Just goes to show how badly football has been run/managed by the owners.  What the hell Scudamore was doing running about like a rat looking for more money I dont know.

What they should have been doing was saying "what can we do to make the league sustainable and competetive"

Instead of looking for more and more money each season,  Dickheads should have all agreed on a salary and transfer cap.  Nobs.

a salary and transfer cap wont come out of the premier league thats for sure it works against their main philosophy: spend spend spend f*** the long term consequences.

I feel for the portsmouth fans but somebody has to be made an example of if it will get it into the heads of some thick owners that spending way beyond your means is a bad thing. Besides even if they survive today it will only put off their doom for a while, they're f***ed and we all know it

the NHL had a simialr problem, players wages to high and not many fans coming through the door.  All the teams owners and the players unions agreed to salary caps.

Its worked wonders.

is that simon jordon?

A Football ground without a football team is not worth much. It would cost a millions to take the ground down. The only real buyers for that land would maybe be the near by University Of Portsmouth.

is that simon jordon?

Not really. Grounds are seperate from clubs, they're bought and sold. Selhurst Park wasn't owned by Palace until only a few years ago thanks to Goldberg.

Palace/Jordan do not own Selhurst Park. Mike Ashleys bezzie mate Paul Kemsley & HBOS own it.

is that simon jordon?

Palace/Jordan do not own Selhurst Park. Mike Ashleys bezzie mate Paul Kemsley & HBOS own it.

Apologies, got my wires crossed. The point I was making still stands though.

Guest neesy111

Taxman wants £4m, Portsmouth have offered £1.5m and have asked for an extra 28 days to find the cash.

bloody hell, they are screwed 1.5m is 1/5 of what they owe after selling 10M worth of players as well jesus

Guest neesy111

Just out of interest, say a prem team does go to the wall.  Do all the players become free agents with immediate effect??

yes, i'm not sure what the rule be for them joining clubs though

Just out of interest, say a prem team does go to the wall.  Do all the players become free agents with immediate effect??

They'd be free agents, if the club does not exxist anymore then wo is to stop them ??

Guest neesy111

Assume they count as assets, so they'd be auctioned off? 

Maybe.

they are, but if their contract's are invalid they can walk out, so they are worthless if pompey is wound down

They'd be free agents, if the club does not exxist anymore then wo is to stop them ??

I assumed that there would be an auction as assets to claw back some of the money owed.

Guest johnson293

Can't undertsand why it has gotten to this stage, and they haven't gone into adminstration before now.

Yes, they would take a 10 pt hit, but they are looking certs to go down anyway.

At least in that case, they would be able to offload players outside of the window (like Palace, and ipswich before) to try and save the club from going to the wall altogether.

So if the winding up order goes through today, does that mean Portsmouth cease operating today, or does that just force something like adminsitration?

Guest neesy111

I assumed that there would be an auction as assets to claw back some of the money owed.

yes, they could if they went into admin, not liquidation though as the players would be paid, also their registrations cancelled therefore they are free agents