Strikers that will do for half a season or so?

Skirge

You could argue that for the last 3 years, Shearer only turned up for half a season.[/tinhat]

Has he retired when he should of, and had we had a manager worthy of the title, we might have a good striker in his place now.

As it is, that pile of donkey shite Ameobi thinks he is first team quality, and by this time next season, he may well be.

Two strikers needed, I reckon...so: Kevin Phillips (as I said before) and Robert Earnshaw. Sorted. :thup:

And as far as other positions concerned, I'd not be too upset if we saved Steven Pressley (CB), Craig Gordon (GK) and Paul Hartley (CF) from Hearts...all would do a good honest, dedicated job for us and we'd probably get them at a knock down price from Romanov.

I mean, we think WE'VE got problems with out Chairman...I think we should thank our lucky stars by comparison, tbh...

Two strikers needed, I reckon...so: Kevin Phillips (as I said before) and Robert Earnshaw. Sorted. :thup:

And as far as other positions concerned, I'd not be too upset if we saved Steven Pressley (CB), Craig Gordon (GK) and Paul Hartley (CF) from Hearts...all would do a good honest, dedicated job for us and we'd probably get them at a knock down price from Romanov.

I mean, we think WE'VE got problems with out Chairman...I think we should thank our lucky stars by comparison, tbh...

The only one who I 'd take is Pressley. Reads the game and would bring on Taylor and Ramage. The rumour up here is that he is Ibrox bound anyhow

I'd like to see James Beattie here. I rate him, and i think he'd come. Would play well with martins or owen. I dunno what happens to martins when owen's back :S

Beattie would be a good option right now, but how much would he cost?

Is he playing regularly for Everton and is he scoring?

Last time i checked he wasn't doing so well, maybe a move would suit all parties.

Nah he's not getting a game at Everton.  He's grabbed a couple of goals - a respectable amount i think considering how much he's played

Two strikers needed, I reckon...so: Kevin Phillips (as I said before) and Robert Earnshaw. Sorted.

I wouldnt say no to Hartley, but Pressley's getting on and Gordon wouldnt come.  He's too good to be second choice here.

I'd like to see James Beattie here. I rate him, and i think he'd come. Would play well with martins or owen. I dunno what happens to martins when owen's back :S

Last time i checked he wasn't doing so well, maybe a move would suit all parties.

Nah he's not getting a game at Everton.  He's grabbed a couple of goals - a respectable amount i think considering how much he's played

Two strikers needed, I reckon...so: Kevin Phillips (as I said before) and Robert Earnshaw. Sorted.

I wouldnt say no to Hartley, but Pressley's getting on and Gordon wouldnt come. He's too good to be second choice here.

Pressley's 33 - by my reckoning he's got a good 3 (possibly more) years left in him, and he does read the game very well - I agree with Dunedin on that.

Gordon would be a good signing for us even on loan.

I wouldnt say no to Hartley, but Pressley's getting on and Gordon wouldnt come. He's too good to be second choice here.

Pressley's 33 - by my reckoning he's got a good 3 (possibly more) years left in him, and he does read the game very well - I agree with Dunedin on that.

Pressleys a great player and a leader but he lacks pace like most 33 year olds and its asking a bit much for a 33 year to make the step up to the premiership, asking far too much imo. Gordons fantastic. Hartley again would struggle with the step up.

Guest eyeball_tickler

i would love to see fowler and andy cole together here. probably just wishful thinking, but with the right service they would be mega.

Pressleys a great player and a leader but he lacks pace like most 33 year olds and its asking a bit much for a 33 year to make the step up to the premiership, asking far too much imo. Gordons fantastic. Hartley again would struggle with the step up.

Both Pressley and Hartley would be far good options considering what we have in their positions at present, and would not be costly...so worth a gamble, mainly cos I just don't see it as that big a gamble.

i would love to see fowler and andy cole together here. probably just wishful thinking, but with the right service they would be mega.

Robbie Fowler...that could work. blueyes.gif

Guest eyeball_tickler

1994 called, they want their strikers back.

1984 called, it wants its joke back.

in the current situation they are just the kind of players we need. fairly cheap and good goal scorers. they have 4 between them already and havent played much.