Strikers that will do for half a season or so?

Skirge

there's a canny young striker playing for Cardiff at the moment. His name escapes me for the moment though

Earnshaw, Blackstock, Rasiak & Gray are also scoring goals in the Championship. Let's get them too!

Point is, we shouldn't of let him go.

He played with real fire, grit and determination at the end of last season. He could of done a job this season, and i think now we all know that.

there's a canny young striker playing for Cardiff at the moment. His name escapes me for the moment though

Earnshaw, Blackstock, Rasiak & Gray are also scoring goals in the Championship. Let's get them too!

Point is, we shouldn't of let him go.

He played with real fire, grit and determination at the end of last season. He could of done a job this season, and i think now we all know that.

He couldn't get ahead of Shola in the pecking order  bluesigh.gif

I watch Reading quite a bit, and Doyle's quality. I seriously doubt Reading would be willing to sell him to us though. It's going to be a difficult one to get a proven premiership goalscorer, Koller might be worth a punt if the price is pretty low, his physical presence is immense.

It shouldnt really matter who we get. The manager and coaches should be able to motivate them properly and organise the team as such they will play produce what we need.

Look at Chris Sutton at Villa. Unfortunatley we have a whole squad of under achievers so I wouldnt recommend going for potential as much as the finished article that can motivate himself or play off the crowd.

We need someone that has Physical Presence in abundance, someone that can pull central defenders apart, win next to everything in the air.

Kevin Davies, Viduka, even Hartson are the calibre of players we need to be looking at. Nugent would be an excellent buy but he would be a luxury buy compared to what we need right now.

We have plenty of options Physical presence aside, Martins, Dyer, Duff are all viable 2nd strikers. But nothing without someone to lay the ball on.

I have no idea how much money the Fat man wants to splash out but it wouldnt suprise me if we spent up to £10m on someone.

I wouldnt be suprised to see us try and bid for Bent and Ashton once again, Klose would have been fantastic, but we wouldnt have been able to snare him in the summer let alone in our current position. Dont be suprised to see Freddy Kanoute's name popping up again.

If we sign Viduka I will cry for a month, fkn lard arse was not even good enough to play agianst us, Southgate subbed him.

What did we offer for him at the start of the season £4 mill? cap in hand to the Boro and they knocked us back..

I'd like to see James Beattie here.  I rate him, and i think he'd come.  Would play well with martins or owen.  I dunno what happens to martins when owen's back :S

Beattie would be a good option right now, but how much would he cost?

Is he playing regularly for Everton and is he scoring?

Last time i checked he wasn't doing so well, maybe a move would suit all parties.

The Everton fans would love it if you took Beattie off them, he just has not produced. He looked clueless against us at the weekend. Incidentally, good point whoever mentioned the example of Chris Sutton, he is looking like an absolutely quality stop-gap signing.

Hartson is fat and not doing it at West Brom. Someone mentioned Kevin Phillips. He'd be another one worth considering. Although, would the former mackem thing be an issue? he's got the right attitude in terms of being a true "pro".

Guest mavericknufc

I reckon Rob Hulse could be worth a gamble, would give us some extra presence and height.  Great header of the ball and  has scored goals this season, Dean Ashton was on Goals on Sunday saying that he's got good athletisicm.  Wouldnt imagine him to be too expensive althought Sheff Utd wouldnt be willing to sell if they were still in with a reasonable shout to stay up by January.