FEEL THE HATE FROM SOL

Thespence

Far too much focus given to Tyne-Wear rivalry - its small beer these days,

There were some who would rather have beaten them home & away than for us to win the league, even back in 96 when Man U were clearly our main rivals..we are actually more of a comparison with the Mackems now than we were then, but tribal rivalry dies hard.

The very fact that they seem so focused on what NUFC are doing shows how small minded they must be - if we were competing well in the Prem and they were in the CCC, I wouldn't give them a second thought...apart from a bit of pity now & again - well. maybe once or twice a season !

If Newcastle is ever to get back to where it was in the mid 90s, we have to aim higher than the Mackems.

All the usual talk about 'at least we get the Derby games back' if they were to get relegated leaves me stone-cold, just as it would if we go up and they stay up.

These games are like 2 old men fighting over a fag-end, and will be as long as both clubs are second-rate.

I say that as one who USED to look forward to derbies, but times change - they have about as much significance to the rest of the country as Darlo V H/Pool.

To be honest, what the hell do you expect ? Weeping and wailing ?

FFS man - did we or did we not celebrate in like manner the many times they went down ? (Not me, i thought it better to have derbies - their failures reflect on the region too)

To me, FAR worse is when other team's fans - like Everton fans did at their away game that day, celebrated our relegation.

I understand others did, but have not heard for certain, like the reporter on Talk Radio did for the Everton fans (he actually sounded baffled and quite disgusted)

Guest toonlass

To be honest, what the hell do you expect ? Weeping and wailing ?

FFS man - did we or did we not celebrate in like manner the many times they went down ? (Not me, i thought it better to have derbies - their failures reflect on the region too)

To me, FAR worse is when other team's fans - like Everton fans did at their away game that day, celebrated our relegation.

I understand others did, but have not heard for certain, like the reporter on Talk Radio did for the Everton fans (he actually sounded baffled and quite disgusted)

The reaction of the Villa fans was worse for me than anything the mackems said or did. When its the mackems you expect some kind of reaction, as they do seem more concerned with Newcastle than their own club. Look at RTG, listen to the legends or try to talk to one about football in general and they are obsessed. But the way the Villa fans were was baffling. You would think we had killed their grannies and raped their dogs when you saw their reaction. And tbh we handled ourselves in a dignified way generally, apart from the one lad who is pictured crying, and who got told in no uncertain terms by me and several others to "man the fuck up". That and the photographers/camera men who tried to wind up fans (one photographer through the game was shouting abuse at the away support and then trying to get photos of people reacting until we reported him to a steward and the police came over and told him to stop it) and a camera man who immediately after the game got into one big lad's face and asked how he felt, and the lad got hold of the big video camera, yanked the power cable out of the back and told him to go fuck himself.

It's true that the Villa fans went on like a bunch of arseholes in May. There's no history or animosity between the clubs yet you would have thought they'd relegated their biggest rivals. I hope they get firmly put in their shitty place by Man Utd at Wembley. Classless brummie morons.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Couldnt give two shites about that lot or any other lot if I'm being honest, the only reason the majorty of the nation was chuffed to bits about our demise is down to nothing but jelousy that we have dared to challenge the top four, something they will never manage!

Guest firetotheworks

When Shearer retired.

PL Goals

Shearer:                            206

Sunderland AFC:                210

Well done Sunderland, you're squad of 20 whatever players over 12 years managed to score 4 more goals than 1 man.

The villa fans, lost all of my respect that day. There was no need for them to go on like they did, if the roles had been reversed would we have went on the same way? I very much doubt it.

As for the rest, Fuck'em, who cares if The Everton fans cheered our relegation? To borrow a Millwall phrase; Nobody likes us and we dont care. Being liked dosent give you success, infact it gets you nowhere, I honestly wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if the whole of the UK despised us, infact it may give us an 'us against the world' mentality.

As if we wouldn't have done the same.

A increasing amount of our fans are fuck early before the end of match & most of us fucked off when we finished 5th so I cant see  most of the ground hanging around to gloat at the Villa. If it was 1 of the big four maybe I would though.

Guest toonlass

A increasing amount of our fans are fuck early before the end of match & most of us fucked off when we finished 5th so I cant see  most of the ground hanging around to gloat at the Villa. If it was 1 of the big four maybe I would though.

Have to say, I noticed that not a lot of fans left early on Wednesday night. Usually they start going at about 80 minutes and we all laugh at them.

Guest firetotheworks

A increasing amount of our fans are f*** early before the end of match & most of us f***ed off when we finished 5th so I cant see  most of the ground hanging around to gloat at the Villa. If it was 1 of the big four maybe I would though.

We were 6 years ago. Therein lies the reason. The only reason people are going on about Villa is because Villa were the team we played that day. It doesn't matter who we'd have played, they all would have done the same.

When everyone fucked off when we finished 5th those were different times man, we had different expectations and ambitions and to finish 5th was massively underwhelming and you can understand why people fucked off.

Obviously from where we stand now it seems utterly ridiculous to say that but it was different times, people were in a different frame of mind.