Football club songs

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

I was wondering why WBA fans sing "The Lord's my shepherd" all the time? Also wondered why Forest have "Mull of Kintyre" as their song, and as a chant. Seems odd tbh. Anyone know the answers, or have any other clubs' songs puzzling them. Also wondered why Boro sing "we're the greatest team, the world has ever seen" when they are clearly gash  :lol:

Forest have their own shite words to Mull of Kintyre, some bollocks about the mist off the Trent or something. They explained it to me when we were down there, but I wasn't really listening. :lol:

Guest toonlass

Stoke and Delilah?

I heard some Stoke fan had started put it on a juke box before a game and changed the line to the "I put my dick in her hand and she laughed no more", his mates thought it was hilarious and then the song had just carried on when they went to the game, and just grew from there.

Guest toonlass

Do the mackems just change their song all the time. It used to be "Ready to Go" when they moved to the SOL, then they played "Elevation" by U2 and now I think they play "It's the Wonder of you" before the game. And did they not used to have "Z cars" once. They change their song as often as they change their socks, every couple of years!

• 2 weeks later...

Stoke and Delilah?

I heard some Stoke fan had started put it on a juke box before a game and changed the line to the "I put my dick in her hand and she laughed no more", his mates thought it was hilarious and then the song had just carried on when they went to the game, and just grew from there.

I heard it was because of a stoke fan that looked like Tom Jones.

Guest WashyGeordie

Also wondered why Boro sing "we're the greatest team, the world has ever seen" when they are clearly gash  :lol:

Most teams sing that though.

Guest malandro

This seems to be a bit of an English/British thing? Can't think of any Spanish club that has adopted a non-football related song in that way at least. All our clubs have anthems though (which are all quite popular in the stands), which I guess sort of gets in the way.

Spanish clubs have their own club songs. Not ‘cover versions’ of existing tunes but original compositions written just for them.

Do the mackems just change their song all the time. It used to be "Ready to Go" when they moved to the SOL, then they played "Elevation" by U2 and now I think they play "It's the Wonder of you" before the game. And did they not used to have "Z cars" once. They change their song as often as they change their socks, every couple of years!

don't know about the mackems using Z cars but Everton use it.

This seems to be a bit of an English/British thing? Can't think of any Spanish club that has adopted a non-football related song in that way at least. All our clubs have anthems though (which are all quite popular in the stands), which I guess sort of gets in the way.

Spanish clubs have their own club songs. Not ‘cover versions’ of existing tunes but original compositions written just for them.

I know that, that's the "anthems" I mention in my post... As said, anthems are hugely popular for home fans and are sung often. Also, it's usually the only song the whole stadium will know, which makes for some really chilling moments when it breaks out spontaneously:

There have been several attempts to get "Viva La Vida" (one of Guardiola's favorite songs) up at Camp Nou when I have been there, but it's hard for a bunch of Spaniards to sing an English song without resorting to "lalalalalala" kind of lyrics.

They should just do "aways look on the bright side of life"

That's a s*** reason

Guest malandro

I know that, that's the "anthems" I mention in my post... As said, anthems are hugely popular for home fans and are sung often. Also, it's usually the only song the whole stadium will know, which makes for some really chilling moments when it breaks out spontaneously:

There have been several attempts to get "Viva La Vida" (one of Guardiola's favorite songs) up at Camp Nou when I have been there, but it's hard for a bunch of Spaniards to sing an English song without resorting to "lalalalalala" kind of lyrics.

My apologies, when you said us I didn’t realise you meant Spain.

Apparently ..this is the answer...don't blame me it's still crap.

At an away game a copper asked the Stoke fans to sing something nicer with less swearing so they sung delilah and it' stuck ever since. It goes:

Everyone gets quiet to the sound of shhhhh

Then 1 guy sings the main but and everyone follows with:

Oooooooooooohhhh, Oooooooooohhhhhhhh she stood there laughing ha ha ha ha

I put my dick in her hand and she laughed no more

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Why why why delilah, why why why delilah

So before you come to break down the door, forgive me delilah i just couldn't take anymore

Ohhhhhhh why why why delilah

Sunshine on Leith --- Hibs. Its almost like the song was written about football --LOVE IT

SoL is truely impressive and i'm a Jambo rather than a hibbie by residence. There are a couple of fantastic clips of it being sung on YouTube the latest being after the won the (diddy) league cup against Killie. Think it started for them at half time in a match against AEK years back which apparently scared the opposition into defeat, or so they say.

Boy could we use something like that.

So do we.

So do we.

I might be wrong here, but I think the post is about the CLUB song, and 'our song' is The Blaydon Races --- always was and always will be.

Its got nothing to do with the tune being played whan the players run out, which changes at the drop of the DJs IQ ( sorry Rob)