Sacrifice for NUFC...

Mistle17

I was just thinking there about the time last season I faked an injury to get off playing a match for my football team (I was captain..) to watch the Tyne-Wear derby last season. It got me thinking; what's the biggest sacrifice you've made to follow the Toon? Whether it be on TV or going to the match doesn't matter. Weddings, funerals, school plays.....lets hear 'em boys! :)

Nowt like leading by example. Absolute joke of a captain. You should be ashamed.

Thankfully not had to miss anything important so far. My friend from work was having her baby christened when we played the mackems at home last season and just didn't bother inviting me. She was correct in thinking it was the best option, as I would've hated to turn her invitation down. :lol: Her husband was fucking foaming btw.

I was just thinking there about the time last season I faked an injury to get off playing a match for my football team (I was captain..) to watch the Tyne-Wear derby last season. It got me thinking; what's the biggest sacrifice you've made to follow the Toon? Whether it be on TV or going to the match doesn't matter. Weddings, funerals, school plays.....lets hear 'em boys! :)

Nowt like leading by example. Absolute joke of a captain. You should be ashamed.

Match was cancelled anyway.  :lol:

Still, I couldn't miss a game against the mackems. Nee way man...

Not really a sacrifice, but I was grounded unjustly on the day of the Newcastle Leicester game in May 1993. I told my mother she could fuck right off, and stormed out of the house. First time I'd swore to my mother, and I knew I was going to be in massive shit when I got back, but had to go to the promotion party. Not allowed out for a month, but 7 - 1. Worth it every time.