Scotland loses one CL place

Village Idiot

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Think I'll take the positive belief that it might actually bring the league back in order and open it up, with the view that Ranger/Celtic have think a little more conservative to get that CL spot. However they'll probably try to outspend each other getting 'better' players to get it.

Once one qualifies two seasons on the belt the other club is fucked until a benefactor pops up or the other club implodes.

Aye true, I was being a bit optimistic in the thinking that it'd curve their spending on bring them back in line with the rest of the league making it more open for the rest of Scottish football.  :colo:

any benefactor will have to be Scots  - no-one international knows owt about Scots football

So how many REALLY rich people are there in Scotland = a few

How many are open handed and stupid =....................................................

The question shouldn't be about whether or not a country gets a certain number of Champions League places, it should be about how we've allowed participation in that competition to become so pivotal to a club's success.

Participation in the early rounds of a competition you've got no chance of winning surely shouldn't be that much more lucrative than an ordinary league game? Not for a top-flight side anyway.

The question shouldn't be about whether or not a country gets a certain number of Champions League places, it should be about how we've allowed participation in that competition to become so pivotal to a club's success.

Participation in the early rounds of a competition you've got no chance of winning surely shouldn't be that much more lucrative than an ordinary league game? Not for a top-flight side anyway.

Agree 100%. This is the root of all problems.

Guest neesy111

i think this goes back to a debate, should the champions league go back to old style european cup where only the champions go through.  the fact that a team can win the champions league without winning their own league really flounder's on the name of the competition

Think I'll take the positive belief that it might actually bring the league back in order and open it up, with the view that Ranger/Celtic have think a little more conservative to get that CL spot. However they'll probably try to outspend each other getting 'better' players to get it.

Once one qualifies two seasons on the belt the other club is f***ed until a benefactor pops up or the other club implodes.

Aye true, I was being a bit optimistic in the thinking that it'd curve their spending on bring them back in line with the rest of the league making it more open for the rest of Scottish football.  :colo:

Be interesting (NO REALLY IT WILL!!!) to see how it pans out in Hungry with Debreceni reaching the money spinning group stage this season.

I've no real problem with seeing the best teams in Europe in one competition, but they should rename it if only due to its contradictory feeling. The CL would be pretty garbage if only the champions of each nation got in. It would also be a lot more predictable than it is now. It's just the way they've slowly, but surely, ensured that more and more teams from very few 'big' nations get more of the places that's a total grind. If anything, it would spice things up more if Spain, Italy and us lost a place and smaller leagues gained another spot. Might help develop some of these piss poor leagues by sharing the wealth among the smaller nations too.

It's all pointless anyway, there'll be a European Super League before there's any sort of dignified "Champions" League. By which time national leagues will be all but dying/dead..

Guest neesy111

if more teams from smaller countries qualified, then the money they get should hopefully improve their team further, and also improve the standard of football in that country