Best English Midfielder since Gazza

Mowen
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beckham is so overrated it's embarrassing, Lampard for me.

Not to the extent that Gerrard is on here.

Beckham has achieved far more that Stevie G and over a much more prolonged period of time. Aside from an FA Cup and a European Cup, what's Gerrard done in his career?

Guest Roger Kint

Beckham has achieved far more that Stevie G and over a much more prolonged period of time. Aside from an FA Cup and a European Cup, what's Gerrard done in his career?

Isnt football a team sport? So Beckham is better based on Gerrard not leaving Liverpool? What exactly has Beckham really achieved aside from profit margins?

Isnt football a team sport? So Beckham is better based on Gerrard not leaving Liverpool? What exactly has Beckham really achieved aside from profit margins?

:mackems:

Premier League: 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03

FA Cup: 1996, 1999

UEFA Champions League: 1998–99

Intercontinental Cup: 1999

Community Shield: 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997

La Liga: 2006–07

Supercopa de España: 2003

FIFA World Player of the Year: 2001 Runner-up

:mackems:

Premier League: 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03

FA Cup: 1996, 1999

UEFA Champions League: 1998–99

Intercontinental Cup: 1999

Community Shield: 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997

La Liga: 2006–07

Supercopa de España: 2003

FIFA World Player of the Year: 2001 Runner-up

That's like saying Andy Cole is better than Shearer, as he's won more medals.

Guest Roger Kint

Thanks for proving that footballs a team sport, you cant seriously be so stupid to rate Beckham because Gerrard is to loyal to leave Liverpool can you? O0

As much as Gerrard is a tad overrated, he could have walked into any team in europe in the last 7 years and won all of that. You cannot say the same about Beckham.

True, like. Only rubbish like Man Utd, Real Madrid & AC Milan.

Guest Roger Kint

As much as Gerrard is a tad overrated, he could have walked into any team in europe in the last 7 years and won all of that. You cannot say the same about Beckham.

They signed Gooch too though :iamatwat:

Slightly surprised how many votes Scholes has got, exceptional player but always thought Beckham and Gerrard were held in higher esteem.

If you could only have one player to add to your team it would have to be gerrard for me, he's carried liverpool single handedly at times which I don't think any of the other players are capable of as it is not their style of play.

Slightly surprised how many votes Scholes has got, exceptional player but always thought Beckham and Gerrard were held in higher esteem.

If you could only have one player to add to your team it would have to be gerrard for me, he's carried liverpool single handedly at times which I don't think any of the other players are capable of as it is not their style of play.

Carrying other players doesn't make you the best though. Liverpool haven't had a great side in years (good ones of course) but not great.

How would Gerrard look in some of the great teams of the last ten years, alongside better players? My guess is worse not better. Don't get me wrong, Gerrard is a brilliant player for Liverpool and this thread is much of muchness but Scholes has more talent.

Man U got rid of him in that period, he won nowt at Madrid until the season he was peripheral and he's now a substitute at Milan who have him on loan.

Guest firetotheworks

Beckham's not the same type of player as the rest really, obviously it's a matter of taste. For me Gerrard has the most to his game, whereas Beckham excelled in something where no one else in the world could hold a torch to him imo.

Beckham's not the same type of player as the rest really, obviously it's a matter of taste. For me Gerrard has the most to his game, whereas Beckham excelled in something where no one else in the world could hold a torch to him imo.

And in is prime Beckham was a real hard worker and a good captain as well. I probably don't think he's the 'best' player in this thread, but I enjoy watching Beckham more than any of the others (close with Lampard).

Man U got rid of him in that period, he won nowt at Madrid until the season he was peripheral and he's now a substitute at Milan who have him on loan.

I know, man, but in his prime, Beckham could've gone anywhere in the world, tbh.

Beckham was awesome, really underrated because of his image (and wife) imo.

They are all very good players though, I think a lot of Lampards game is underrated and some think all he does is score (often deflected) goals.