Is Mike Ashley steering Newcastle United in the right direction?

LooneyToonArmy

:facepalm:

Yes, I agree. It is unbelievable how far down Ashley has managed to take the club in such a relatively short space of time, undoing all of the excellent work done by those he bought the club from.

The club has a history of mismanagement.  One chairman's fuck-ups in no way gets another chairman off the hook for his. 

If Hicks sold Liverpool to someone who paid probably double what the club was worth and the new owner brought in a novice chief executive, they didn't get in the champions league, then  sold all their players, went through four managers in a season to manage on a shoestring, concentrating on covering the debt and got them relegated within 2 seasons it would hardly be viewed as success for the new regime would it?

Raise your expectations.

Yes, I agree. It is unbelievable how far down Ashley has managed to take the club in such a relatively short space of time, undoing all of the excellent work done by those he bought the club from.

the undoing of the excellent work started arond 2004.

Guest Roger Kint

Nono Mike Ashley is funding the club though.

He's such a good guy to do it out of the goodness of his heart. :rolleyes:

Care to tell us who thinks he is a good guy?

Care to tell me why you defend the man who ruined our club?

I will give you my season ticket now if you can show me where i defended him in that post.

You really must be terminally stupid to think that because i pointed out bob s ignorance to LLLO's joke answer that i defend Ashley, still why bother reading whats said when your little mind can invent something else eh?

Guest Roger Kint

;D

Read what he said man

I think it's obvious what he said and it's obvious what Bob has said. It's also obvious that Bob is right and that some people are either stupid or acting like kids.

He said that supporters put more money into the club than Ashley and that is entirely correct.

Furthermore, Ashley isn't even putting in an amount of money equal to the amount he caused the club to lose by being relegated, which makes it even worse that he keeps bleating on about it and that some with their heed up their arse think he's sooopa for doing it.  :mackems:

For gods sake man, talk about stupidly falling for a wind up :doh:

The club has a history of mismanagement.  One chairman's fuck-ups in no way gets another chairman off the hook for his. 

If Hicks sold Liverpool to someone who paid probably double what the club was worth and the new owner brought in a novice chief executive, they didn't get in the champions league, then  sold all their players, went through four managers in a season to manage on a shoestring, concentrating on covering the debt and got them relegated within 2 seasons it would hardly be viewed as success for the new regime would it?

Raise your expectations.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :mackems:

So you keep saying, mate and I read it the first time months ago.

It's mildly interesting that according to others the decline started in 2003, when despite heavily investing in the playing squad for the previous 'x' years and bringing in 3 players during 2003, this wasn't ambitious enough.

It does seem somewhat stupid to be blaming the situation in 2010 on what happened half a decade ago but then you do have a big determination to not give any credit where it's due. They made mistakes, nobody has ever denied that, but the ambition they showed for the football club transcends anything we've seen so far from Ashley and his crowd of football morons.

Ashley took over a PL club and knacked it through a series of poor decisions, it's a fairly straightforward situation to understand.

;D

Read what he said man

I think it's obvious what he said and it's obvious what Bob has said. It's also obvious that Bob is right and that some people are either stupid or acting like kids.

He said that supporters put more money into the club than Ashley and that is entirely correct.

Furthermore, Ashley isn't even putting in an amount of money equal to the amount he caused the club to lose by being relegated, which makes it even worse that he keeps bleating on about it and that some with their heed up their arse think he's sooopa for doing it.  :mackems:

I didn't fall for anything, sunshine. As I said and you seem to have missed, nobody could have been so stupid. It was obviously a wind-up but a very stupid one.

It's mildly interesting that according to others the decline started in 2003, when despite heavily investing in the playing squad for the previous 'x' years and bringing in 3 players during 2003, this wasn't ambitious enough.

It does seem somewhat stupid to be blaming the situation in 2010 on what happened half a decade ago but then you do have a big determination to not give any credit where it's due. They made mistakes, nobody has ever denied that, but the ambition they showed for the football club transcends anything we've seen so far from Ashley and his crowd of football morons.

Ashley took over a PL club and knacked it through a series of poor decisions, it's a fairly straightforward situation to understand.

ashley took over a club going backwards rapidly in every sense.

it does seem stupid you trying to make out that i'm referring to only 2004 in particular and not the timeframe since then.

yes ashleys decisions have contributed to us being relegated, however by the end of fred's time i wanted him rid as that was where i saw us heading anyway. then again if you don't think we were going backwards with little chance of turning it round due to the financial position we were in then it's not worth discussing further as it's not really being truthful to the situation as was.

(oh i also said "AROUND" 2004, surely you aren't goiung to be so petty to want an exact date)

edit...i have gave nothing but praise for the previous board until around the time of robsons leaving.

Guest Roger Kint

;D

Read what he said man

I didn't fall for anything, sunshine. As I said and you seem to have missed, nobody could have been so stupid. It was obviously a wind-up but a very stupid one.

Sunshine? How cute, clearly bob was that stupid otherwise i wouldnt be wasting my time talking to you

Guest bobthemag

aye he must be the bestest then. They are both tucked.

You have gone from stupidly missreading one post to a mad assumption that we think Ashley is great? Mental ;D

supporters are the only people who put money in and don't expect it back

Interesting, i have read my post a few times but cant see why you said that back to me

have you stupidly mis-read my post

No i am not thick.

are you sure about that  :coolsmiley:

it does seem stupid you trying to make out that i'm referring to only 2004 in particular and not the timeframe since then.

yes ashleys decisions have contributed to us being relegated, however by the end of fred's time i wanted him rid as that was where i saw us heading anyway. then again if you don't think we were going backwards with little chance of turning it round due to the financial position we were in then it's not worth discussing further as it's not really being truthful to the situation as was.

(oh i also said "AROUND" 2004, surely you aren't goiung to be so petty to want an exact date)

edit...i have gave nothing but praise for the previous board until around the time of robsons leaving.

I don't give a toss whether you gave the previous Board praise or not. What I'm saying it is ridiculous to blame anyone other than Ashley for what has happened to the club since the day he took it over. It's nearly 3 bloody years ago, man. He took over a PL league club and took it backwards.

;D

Read what he said man

Sunshine? How cute, clearly bob was that stupid otherwise i wouldnt be wasting my time talking to you

The stupid posts were the one's attempting a wind-up. It's the stuff of 10 year olds.

I don't give a toss whether you gave the previous Board praise or not. What I'm saying it is ridiculous to blame anyone other than Ashley for what has happened to the club since the day he took it over. It's nearly 3 bloody years ago, man. He took over a PL league club and took it backwards. Simple as that.

if you don't give a toss why make a point of saying i have " a big determination not to give credit when it's due" when what seems patently obvious is you won't give criticism when it's due.

I don't give a toss whether you gave the previous Board praise or not. What I'm saying it is ridiculous to blame anyone other than Ashley for what has happened to the club since the day he took it over. It's nearly 3 bloody years ago, man. He took over a PL league club and took it backwards. Simple as that.

if you don't give a toss why make a point of saying i have " a big determination not to give credit when it's due" when what seems patently obvious is you won't give criticism when it's due.

I  mentioned it because it's a fact, not because I'm bothered.

Guest Roger Kint

;D

Read what he said man

The stupid posts were the one's attempting a wind-up. It's the stuff of 10 year olds.

We cant all be boring old twats like you tbh

;D

Read what he said man

We cant all be boring old twats like you tbh

:whistle:

Guest bobthemag

;D

Read what he said man

hmm, you're quite fond of calling people stupid aren't you ? How stupid is it to agree with the comment that Ashley has "put in" more money than the clubs supporters ?

Guest bobthemag

Mike Ashley would have been steering the club in the right direction if he had supported KK and not undermined him

Love the article on the previous page from sports.co.uk 

Fantastically well written especially the bit which says "Ashley has stuck by Chris Hughton and Joe Kinnear who will tow the line"

Is he a f@cking tug boat ?

http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/630/GrammarNaziCat.jpg

Guest Roger Kint

;D

Read what he said man

hmm, you're quite fond of calling people stupid aren't you ? How stupid is it to agree with the comment that Ashley has "put in" more money than the clubs supporters ?

:facepalm: :idiot2: :mackems:

If you've got nothing constructive to say then don't say anything. That goes for the petty name-calling too.

Feel free to use the PM function if all you want to do is trade insults.