MLS 2010

Kaizero

Rivalries are definately needed in MLS to add some "juice" to games that can be a bit flat.

I really enjoyed this season at FC Dallas but a lot was due to seeing Thiery Henry when Red Bulls came to town, or Ljundquist with Chicago.  Was not jazzed by any of the opposition as rivals yet.  Hopefully that will come, and seeing as FCD are now in the playoffs, a nice series or two should help get some rivalries going to next season.

OK article about the rebirth of New York Cosmos in this month's FourFourTwo. Might send them my CV asking for a job!

Going to buy that new top or trackie top me thinks

Believe it's just a mock up and not an actual kit.

I know the team doesn't technically exist buts its still going on sale in Dec.

OK article about the rebirth of New York Cosmos in this month's FourFourTwo. Might send them my CV asking for a job!

Going to buy that new top or trackie top me thinks

Believe it's just a mock up and not an actual kit.

I know the team doesn't technically exist buts its still going on sale in Dec.

Knowing MLS they will (wrongly) use this as a way to judge interest in the NY Cosmos expansion.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Any thoughts on what Franchise Beckham will take up ownership of if he ever chose to invoke that part of his contract?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I couldn't realistically see him put money into anything other than the LA Galaxy.

Not a bad call, I can see him ending his career and continuing to live in the US though. Will get loads of offers for media work.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/videos?catid=1916&id=9750

Portland Timbers are to announce their first MLS signings (rumored to be USL players already at the club) live.

Interesting. Will watch. :thup: Hoping, though knowing just how unlikely it is, that they have a designated player ready to be announced.

That would be awesome but the rumour is that they are saving that for after the kit announcement in December to garner more interest so we'll see.

I have no faith in Eddie Johnson and I can't help but feel he's been brought in on the belief that because he's English, he must know how to play soccer. He'd fallen to League Two level with Chester City before he got the Austin Aztex lifeline.

Yeah, I'm still not convinced by him though seeing his pre-Austin history. :lol: Any rumours on who Portland have in mind for their designated spot yet?

No clue.  All they have really talked about as far as player signings goes is that they want "young, hungry" players with things to prove rather than the typical designated players.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/garber-fans-brought-mls-cup-2010-toronto

On expansion, the league has its sights on a second team in New York and is in talks with various potential ownership groups for the league’s 20th expansion franchise.

“Our focus on the 20th expansion team is going in full swing," Garber said. "We’re having discussions with a number of different ownerships groups in New York and hope to continue to make progress in those discussions. We’d like that team to be in the NY metro area. … We hope in the next 12 months to finalize that.”

I have to say, what a waste of an expansion.  They can't even fill one stadium in NY, what makes them think they'll fill two?