MLS 2010

Kaizero

Nice. It's that kind of stuff that can only help MLS grow.

Definitely.  I think that's why they chose Portland and Vancouver to be the newest MLS squads next summer because it brings back the historic Northwest rivalry that has been around since the NASL days.  Even now when Seattle comes to Portland or vice-versa for cup matches stuff kind of kicks off (in a very American way) and that can only help the sport.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Rivalries are good for sport and fans, so this is a fantastic little 'stunt', and a great decision by the MLS to introduce teams closer to each other.

"Major League Soccer announced today that with the addition of the Portland Timbers and Vancouver Whitecaps in 2011, the regular season schedule will expand to 34 matches. This means every team will play each other once in a home-and-away set up"

Finally.

"Major League Soccer announced today that with the addition of the Portland Timbers and Vancouver Whitecaps in 2011, the regular season schedule will expand to 34 matches. This means every team will play each other once in a home-and-away set up"

Finally.

Woo. Up goes the season ticket prices one would assume.

Is there still playoffs? Time to research.

"The 2011 postseason format, the date for MLS Cup 2011 and the format for the 2011 regular-season schedule will be announced by MLS at a later date."

Interesting...

That bodes well for them changing it.  It's always been a gripe of mine that so many teams make the post-season every year in MLS.  You can literally win a handful of games and be in the post-season which devalues each match immensely.  If every match matters, more people will show up.

Also, on the Timber's website there are a bunch of questions about season ticket prices.  Right now I'll just assume that all of the tickets already sold were under the assumption of these matches and only existing teams will have more expensive season tickets. 

It was either them or DC v Houston, and Geovanni appealed. $60 for top tickets, mine is $30 which is crazy imo.

DC v Houston will probably be a better game but then again, most of MLS is like watching paint dry.

With that cheaper ticket you'll still be able to get down in the front if you want, just wait till the OAPs checking tickets at the end of the tunnels turn around or walk through with a large group.