Sunderland...

Heron

There's definitely some pathetic people where you live.

Indeed. But I can't think of anywhere round here, where 'hating' someone from a nearby town is inherent within the local culture...

The point I was originally trying to make, is I've never seen such animosity between the inhabitants of two different towns.

Have you ever left your house?

For example pretty much every town and city in Yorkshire has a passionate hate for every other town and city in Yorkshire which often manifests itself violently.

I'm glad that where I live people aren't that pathetic.

i would guess it tends to manifest itself more where the majority have long term roots. it's hard to get emotive over a place you have little attachment to. saying that my bro-in-law lived in horsham for a few years and they had a similar thing about crawley.

Guest Haris Vuckic

See where I'm from - space - there is no inherent hatred for anybody - but I don't see the need it belittling people whom may have a hatred  because they have had The Adams family living next door for a few hundred years & have perhaps grown to hate them.

Get off the high horse man.

Guest Roger Kint

Shame on us Northern Knuckledraggers for being 12 miles apart when one of the weirdest fierce rivalries involves the sophisticated Southerners of Brighton and Crystal Palace who are 40 miles apart.

Shame on us Northern Knuckledraggers for being 12 miles apart when one of the weirdest fierce rivalries involves the sophisticated Southerners of Brighton and Crystal Palace who are 40 miles apart.

:facepalm:

Jesus christ, how many times have I said its the rivarly away from football that I'm talking about...

See where I'm from - space - there is no inherent hatred for anybody - but I don't see the need it belittling people whom may have a hatred for people who may have had The Adams family living next door for a few hundred years who have perhaps grown to hate them.

It's not a high horse. It's incomprehension.

Guest WashyGeordie

Indeed. But I can't think of anywhere round here, where 'hating' someone from a nearby town is inherent within the local culture...

I take it you didn't bother reading the Guardian article about it then.

and yet it's pointed out that there are many places which have these rivalries and you still have given no evidence that the rivalry in the north east is worse than those.

aslo using the word 'hat' is a bit disingenuous as it's a word thats used in this context without it's true meaning.

I take it you didn't bother reading the Guardian article about it then.

I did yes, thank you. It was enlightening.

getting away from football it's a similar rivalry between the towns of portsmouth and southampton, nottingham and derby which all exist away from the footballing rivalries.

getting away from football it's a similar rivalry between the towns of portsmouth and southampton, nottingham and derby which all exist away from the footballing rivalries.

Isn't there enough conflict in the world, I can't see why people would want to pass this nonsense onto their children?

It's something that is beyond how I choose to live my life - and the kind of people I choose to associate myself with. On that basis, I probably never will understand it.

This is going on way too long. The point I was originally trying to make, is I've never seen such animosity between the inhabitants of two different towns.

It's the villages you need to worry about.

Seghill against Annitsford or Seaton Delaval against Cramlington - those were the days.

Guest Roger Kint

Jesus christ, how many times have I said its the rivarly away from football that I'm talking about...

You cant expect me to read every post on a forum. I read your dogshit first post, it was more than enough to make a sarcastic comment

This is going on way too long. The point I was originally trying to make, is I've never seen such animosity between the inhabitants of two different towns.

Seghill against Annitsford or Seaton Delaval against Cramlington - those were the days.

bedlington high street on a saturday night was interesting.

Guest Haris Vuckic

See where I'm from - space - there is no inherent hatred for anybody - but I don't see the need it belittling people whom may have a hatred for people who may have had The Adams family living next door for a few hundred years who have perhaps grown to hate them.

It's not a high horse. It's incomprehension.

Not relevant directly to regional rivalries but definitely relevant per se, I suggest you read Gilroy's 'there aint no black in the union jack' to get an idea about how socio-economic differences and similarities can manifest into hatred.  :thup:

You cant expect me to read every post on a forum. I read your dogshit first post, it was more than enough to make a sarcastic comment

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't that your favourite thing to have a go at me about?!

bedlington high street on a saturday night was interesting.

What was that pub with the pink wallpaper again? it's been over 20 years since I was out in that place :-)

Isn't there enough conflict in the world, I can't see why people would want to pass this nonsense onto their children?

It's something that is beyond how I choose to live my life - and the kind of people I choose to associate myself with. On that basis, I probably never will understand it.

i don't believe it was an attempt to get you to understand it, some take it one step on than others and i can't understand it. what many were on about was your instance that it was somehow a north east thang.

If you've such a problem with the way you think people from Newcastle are, why associate yourselves with us? Piss off and follow somebody else tbh.

I'll have to go now, I'm waiting for the mackem driver at work to pick me up. Might smash his car up after too, the cunt.

If you've such a problem with the way you think people from Newcastle are, why associate yourselves with us? Piss off and follow somebody else tbh.

I'll have to go now, I'm waiting for the mackem driver at work to pick me up. Might smash his car up after too, the cunt.

:thup:

Tosser.

The point I was originally trying to make, is I've never seen such animosity between the inhabitants of two different towns.

For example pretty much every town and city in Yorkshire has a passionate hate for every other town and city in Yorkshire which often manifests itself violently.

:lol: :lol:

Maybe when talking exclusively about football. Then again considering your irrational dislike of everyone not from Newcastle I'm not surprised by your daft generalisations these days. Brummie cunts, Scouse cunts, Yorkshire cunts, Cockney cunts etc.

Guest Haris Vuckic

:lol: :lol:

Maybe when talking exclusively about football. Then again considering your irrational dislike of everyone not from Newcastle I'm not surprised by your daft generalisations these days. Brummie c***s, Scouse c***s, Yorkshire c***s, Cockney c***s etc.

I think you have the wrong guy. Check my record - I don't like people from Birmingham & it got me banned twice- otherwise I'm not too fussed.

but feel free to make generalisations...