NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I'd be gutted if after hitting the transfer market we still end up having to start Barton on the right wing, surely we will be looking at an out and out winger for that position?

Despite Barton being a great player on right wing?

Great...  hmmm best option we have more like it

---------------------- Harper/Forster

-- Simpson --- Coloccini --- Williamson -----Enrique

-----------------Barton --------Tiote----------------------

--Payet-----------------Menez-----------------Ben Arfa-

-------------------------New CF---------------------------

If not Payet then Gervinho would do for me ;)  Attracting Menez from Roma wont be easy though (Well we said the same about Barfa)

I'd be gutted if after hitting the transfer market we still end up having to start Barton on the right wing, surely we will be looking at an out and out winger for that position?

And put Barton where? Because he's a far lesser player in CM.

Yeah, but surley not an option where we should splash the cash for a new right winger when we have other priorities.

---------------------- Harper/Forster

-- Simpson --- Coloccini --- Williamson --- Enrique?

---------------------------- Tiote --------------------------

------------------ Barton -------- Nolan -----------------

-- Gervinho ------------------------------------ Ben Arfa

----------------------- Sow/Gameiro ---------------------

With a CB of Colo's standard, instead of Williamson and a decent replacement for Enrique, this is a starting XI to push for top 8, in my opinion.

I could live with that ... add to that a bench of Jonas... Gosling, Ireland and quilt y left back we will be decent top ten side with a good cup run...

I know that Barton has been playing very well on the right, it's also his first season without as many injurys as before.

He hasn't exactly had any decent wingers with some movement/pace when he has played in CM, doesn't make it easier to perform either.

he was certainly great while carroll was here, those two were perfect for each other. whether he'll be so effective without someone as good as carroll in the air i wouldnt like to say

Barton's out of position in that side.

Forster

Simpson   Williamson   Coloccini   Enrqiue

Barton    Tiote    New Playmaker    Ben Arfa

Gameiro     Best/New Striker    

They won't drop Nolan.

Barton's out of position in that side.

Forster

Simpson   Williamson   Coloccini   Enrqiue

Barton    Tiote    New Playmaker    Ben Arfa

Gameiro     Best/New Striker     

They won't drop Nolan.

Rubbish  >:D

That could be a good lineup Skirge. But I'm uncertain about Sow. This is his first season he's scoring on a regular basis. He may be a one hit wonder.

Fit in well here then lol we will flog him to Liverpool the season after for £50m :D

I know that Barton has been playing very well on the right, it's also his first season without as many injurys as before.

He hasn't exactly had any decent wingers with some movement/pace when he has played in CM, doesn't make it easier to perform either.

Barton has neither the presence nor close control to play CM. He's ten times the player in RM.

Barton has neither the presence nor close control to play CM. He's ten times the player in RM.

Have you even seen him play at CM this season?

Not sure I agree that his time as a CM is over. We weren't even talking about him playing wide a few months ago.

Some of us actually go to the games, yes.

Guest palnese

Some of us actually go to the games, yes.

...and?

Not sure I agree that his time as a CM is over. We weren't even talking about him playing wide a few months ago.

Completely irrelevant. We've seen him play both RM and CM this season, and the difference in the effectiveness is huge.

Completely irrelevant. We've seen him play both RM and CM this season, and the difference in the effectiveness is huge.

Doesn't mean it will be the case next season. He's developed a lot as a player and a person this season, it would be unwise to write him off as a CM. As he ages, he'll have no option but to play in field.

Btw, I do go to games.

You'd have to have a fucking screw loose to want him playing centrally tbh. Use your eyes instead of the specific position you've seen him assigned to on a computer game please folks.

Hilarious! On the on hand you say that Barton has not good enough control or presence to handle the CM--position. But on the other hand, you manage to defend Nolan, the incarnation of non-movement, who got no close control what so ever or a general presence in CM.