NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Why is any journalist even bothering to mention Lukaku and Newcastle in the same sentence? Non-starter.

What would be interesting though is a couple of more links to players that we might actually go and get, like Gameiro and Gervinho.

Despite the hype I personally think a lot of clubs are wary of jumping in to sign Lukaku. He's clearly good, but whether he's 20 million good is still open for debate.

Especially at the age of 17. Wouldn't want to see an 18 year old leading our line next season, no matter how good he is meant to/could be.

Despite the hype I personally think a lot of clubs are wary of jumping in to sign Lukaku. He's clearly good, but whether he's 20 million good is still open for debate.

Especially at the age of 17. Wouldn't want to see an 18 year old leading our line next season, no matter how good he is meant to/could be.

Yep. Not just talking about us though, I think lots of clubs are waiting a bit for making a move. The fact that Anderlecht are desperately trying to drum up interest in him is a bit suspicious for my liking too.

Rooney was leading the line for Manure and England at 18, if he's good enough he's old enough.

Was about to say, and we offered £25m for him at the time too.

Rooney was leading the line for Manure and England at 18, if he's good enough he's old enough.

Would like to think we have scouts watching every second he spends on the pitch for the remainder of this season, if we'd even consider spending £20 million on him.

The crazy thing is, people here the name 'Lukaku' and piss their pants in excitement, without even seeing him play.

Would like to think we have scouts watching every second he spends on the pitch for the remainder of this season, if we'd even consider spending £20 million on him.

The crazy thing is, people here the name 'Lukaku' and p*ss their pants in excitement, without even seeing him play.

If there's any truth in it whatsoever then we'll have been watching him for a good while. I don't think Pardew's playing FM at home thinking that's who I'll get.

The crazy thing is, people here the name 'Lukaku' and p*ss their pants in excitement, without even seeing him play.

If there's any truth in it whatsoever then we'll have been watching him for a good while. I don't think Pardew's playing FM at home thinking that's who I'll get.

If only the same could be said about the people overjoyed that we are being linked to him in the London Metro.

for some reason i woudln't be surprised if thats what at least one manager does

If only the same could be said about the people overjoyed that we are being linked to him in the London Metro.

What have you got against fans getting excited about potential signings anyway?

What have you got against fans getting excited about potential signings anyway?

Look at the players we've been 'linked' to over the years.

Look at the players we've signed.

Anyway, I'd rather he didn't blow our whole theoretical budget on one 17 year old. Space it out over 4 or 5 signings.

We still have Eneriqe 15 million plus the rest of Carroll money which is 13 million I think we can do better with that.