NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

"And Hughton, who has a limited budget at his disposal, views the experienced marksman as the perfect foil for young strikers Andy Carroll and Shola Ameobi."

Wankers.

stretching the term young quite far on shola

I always thought Giuly looked out of his depth at Barca.

He did fine to be honest. His first season was very good, his latter two not so good and we sold him when we promoted a certain Argentinian midget.

Still, don't sign anybody with a game based around his pace when he's past 30.

He's scored goals for several years in the Premier League. For a million i'd definitely take him but i wouldn't be drawing a line under our search for a striker.

If there's any chance we could offload Shola, as much as i like him, i think we should take it. He's the best finisher at the club but i think we're flogging a dead horse when it comes to the Premier League.

He's scored goals for several years in the Premier League. For a million i'd definitely take him but i wouldn't be drawing a line under our search for a striker.

If there's any chance we could offload Shola, as much as i like him, i think we should take it. He's the best finisher at the club but i think we're flogging a dead horse when it comes to the Premier League.

we'll be continuing to flog that dead horse for years to come shola is just the man you cant be rid of

Lovenkrands and Best should probably be the first strikers out the door.

I'd keep Lovenkrands like. He's so-so but has a lot of decent attributes and he'd be alright from the bench against some of the shitter teams. He'd do a job in our squad next season.

He just doesn't impose himself well enough on the game. He's peripheral for 85 minutes but against the weaker defences he's very likely to get you a goal because of his pace and instinct in the box.

In the premier league he's far too much of a luxury player though.

He just doesn't impose himself well enough on the game. He's peripheral for 85 minutes but against the weaker defences he's very likely to get you a goal because of his pace and instinct in the box.

Yes - totally agree.

Yes - totally agree.

We have no other player like him though, if we can sign a really good speedy striker then we might be able to let him go, but even then he brings something no one else the team can bring up front, regardless of how efficient he is with it.

Sport are full of s***, they make up headlines by randomly picking names off a hat and linking them to us, but still  :lol:

EDIT: Just read the piece in Sport, they say it is Newcastle who has approached Barça with a swap deal with Puyol  :lol: :lol:

Please let it be Gervinho.

Just looking through their squad (Lille), they have a few canny players. Would be happy with any of Gervinho, Cabaye , Hazard and possibly Rio Mavuba (seems to have found his way again after his Villareal spell).

"According to Sport, not only are Barcelona interested in taking Taylor to the Nou Camp, they predict a swap deal for Carles Puyol who would lead Newcastle into the Premier League next season."

Yes, please!!  :lol:

I always thought Giuly looked out of his depth at Barca.

He did fine to be honest. His first season was very good, his latter two not so good and we sold him when we promoted a certain Argentinian midget.

Still, don't sign anybody with a game based around his pace when he's past 30.

Ryan Giggs?