NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Please let it be Gervinho.

Just looking through their squad (Lille), they have a few canny players. Would be happy with any of Gervinho, Cabaye , Hazard and possibly Rio Mavuba (seems to have found his way again after his Villareal spell).

he'll be going for a fortune man, one of the next big things...watched some of his goals on YT recently and man they're good - some of them i can barely work out how he did it, looks quality on that evidence [Dennis Wise - tastic]

He just doesn't impose himself well enough on the game. He's peripheral for 85 minutes but against the weaker defences he's very likely to get you a goal because of his pace and instinct in the box.

In the premier league he's far too much of a luxury player though.

it's difficuilt for that style of striker to impose himself without the service, unlike carroll who can be used as a target man. he's a fox in the box type player who makes some great runs that just aren't spotted by our midfield (something i've noticed from routledge aswell,gets himself round the back of his full back and comes round into the gap between full back and centre half, he's been picked out once!).

naturally if we get in better players he can go (same goes for everyone in the team/squad) but with better midfielders i don't think he'd be such a luxury. i'd say he is capable of playing in the top flight but not in the top of the top flight.

I've heard quite a few rumours about Cabaye coming to us.

Just a Youtube opinion, but I hope that's true. He looks like he could step into that creative position between striker and midfield that would transform us as an attacking force. I'd be prepared to shell out big money for a player who could do that for us.

If we're gonna splash this summer, it has to be on a striker. We could spunk ten million on this youth and 75% of his creativity attributes will go to waste cos we ain't got a striker who can finish against Premiership defenses.

Also know that Hughton flew out to personally run the rule over a player on sunday,  no idea where though.

i like the way people seem to be assuming it's for a lille player.

Almen Abdi of Le Mans might be a good option. Tidy midfielder, however he's only very recently joined them.

Which is why a new striker should be a priority. He's not a top league player anymore.

Even if we signed a replacement for Lovenkrands we'd need him as back-up as the other forwards at the club are too much alike.

Also know that Hughton flew out to personally run the rule over a player on sunday,  no idea where though.

To be fair, it was reported earlier in the season that we had a scout at the Liverpool-Lille game so it does seem like we have our eye on a Lille player.

To be fair, it was reported earlier in the season that we had a scout at the Liverpool-Lille game so it does seem like we have our eye on a Lille player.

hope so....le tallec is nightmare inducing. though maiga (sp ?) is supposed to be highly thought of (i know nowt about him apart from a world soccer article froma few months back)

Perhaps Hughton will spend the majority of his budget on a couple of quality players and use loans/bargain buys to fill any other positions we need cover.

To be honest this would be my preferred approach. There are a lot of decent players out of contract so if we can pick up cover for a few positions from that list, we can leave the transfer kitty to sign a quality striker and the creative midfielder we desperately need.