NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Perhaps Hughton will spend the majority of his budget on a couple of quality players and use loans/bargain buys to fill any other positions we need cover.

With a transfer budget of only £15m he hasn't exactly got a lot of room for manoeuvre. I just hope we don't end up signing players we don't really want like Leon Best because of it. I would far rather buy a couple of quality up and coming players who might command £5m fees than a collection of low paid, low fee try hards.

Perhaps Hughton will spend the majority of his budget on a couple of quality players and use loans/bargain buys to fill any other positions we need cover.

With a transfer budget of only £15m he hasn't exactly got a lot of room for manoeuvre. I just hope we don't end up signing players we don't really want like Leon Best because of it. I would far rather buy a couple of quality up and coming players who might command £5m fees than a collection of low paid, low fee try hards.

Where's this from?

Is he a forward? that's quite a poor strike rate for that league if so and it's not like he has made up for it in assists (stats, stats, stats).

even if you were top scorer and broke goal records it doesn`t always mean you`ll crack the other leagues anyway (Alfonso Alves , Dirk Kuyt and Marteja Kezman for instance).

As for the question, just going by highlights I`ve seen this season he has played both on the wing and up front off of their main forward El Hamdaoui.

Where's this from?

It was the figure being bandied about in the thread about an acceptable transfer budget. Obviously Ashley hasn't come out and stated the exact amount available but he'll have an idea what he wants top spend and that sounds believable.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Prefer it if people didn't know how much money we had to spend, less chance of being held up for extra money.

Guest BooBoo

Hughton said in this afternoons press conf that he doesn't expect too many incoming signings and that the relegated players have greatly improved and ready for a comeback.

Hughton said in this afternoons press conf that he doesn't expect too many incoming signings and that the relegated players have greatly improved and ready fir a comeback.

Oh God  :facepalm:

Hopefully the few that we do sign will be of sufficient quality...

Hughton is adamant he has received everything he has asked for so far.

He said: “I am confident I will get the support I need from the board.

“What I have had this season is all the support I have needed.

“We are working together. I have a very good working relationship with Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias. I do not expect any problems there.

“Times are different. I don’t think anyone will be spending a lot of money this summer, with the possible exception of Manchester City, and we are no different.

“Having said that, we also know we have to have a squad which has the best possible chance of competing next season.”

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=chris-hughton-counting-on-mike-ashley-s-backing%26method=full%26objectid=26347024%26siteid=61634-name_page.html

That's what he's said so he seems confident enough he will get the backing he needs.

Hughton said in this afternoons press conf that he doesn't expect too many incoming signings and that the relegated players have greatly improved and ready for a comeback.

Think he's right. Our players have improved since relegation. Coloccini, Enrique and Guthrie have improved very much. Carroll is a completely different player now. Lovenkrands has become better from what I've seen. Young players like Kadar can be added on. Barton will be a better player for us because he's got his personal life under control now.

We don't need 10 new players - a few one in the right positions. Right back for example would be my priority as I don't see Simpson good enough for a first choice Premier League right back. For the rest - we won't win the league with that players - but we (under normal circumstances) won't get relegated either.

Plaisir Bahamboula

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/gambardella-les-recruteurs-des-plus-grands-clubs-europeens-presents-au-stade-de-france_48850

There's an interview there as well from March where he said someone from Newcastle went to see him play at Wembley.

http://www.espoirsdufootball.com/10625-interview-exclusive-plaisir-bahamboula.html

Plaisir Bahamboula

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue1/transferts/gambardella-les-recruteurs-des-plus-grands-clubs-europeens-presents-au-stade-de-france_48850

There's an interview there as well from March where he said someone from Newcastle went to see him play at Wembley.

http://www.espoirsdufootball.com/10625-interview-exclusive-plaisir-bahamboula.html

he looks like Robert.

looks like the papers don`t know which AZ player we want unsurprisingly (if any).....now linked with Simon Poulsen

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/wigan-athletic-fc/126860-newcastle-united-to-battle-wigan-athletic-for-danish-winger.html?

Wigan Athletic are reportedly keeping tabs on AZ Alkmaar winger Simon Poulsen.

The Daily Mail claims Latics boss Roberto Martinez is keeping tabs on the Dane but is likely to have to battle with Newcastle United for his signature.

The paper also claims that Wolves, Sunderland and Fulham are interested and that they, along with the Latics and the Magpies, all sent scouts on Wednesday night to check on Poulsen in action against Celtic.

It seems AZ are inviting offers from European clubs for their players as they struggle to clear substantial debts.

Hughton is adamant he has received everything he has asked for so far.

He said: I am confident I will get the support I need from the board.

What I have had this season is all the support I have needed.

We are working together. I have a very good working relationship with Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias. I do not expect any problems there.

Times are different. I dont think anyone will be spending a lot of money this summer, with the possible exception of Manchester City, and we are no different.

Having said that, we also know we have to have a squad which has the best possible chance of competing next season.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/sundaysun/tm_headline=chris-hughton-counting-on-mike-ashley-s-backing%26method=full%26objectid=26347024%26siteid=61634-name_page.html

That's what he's said so he seems confident enough he will get the backing he needs.

Well, I think he will take a punt on signing Hall on the cheap especially as I think Saylor will go in the summer. I would take a punt on Wheater from Boro as a replacement. It wasnt long ago he was in the England squad. We need another RB and a quality replacement for Butt. The lad Hinkel from Celtic is a good RB and someone like O'Hara as has already been discussed. As a forward option, I like the look of Maynard of BC.  Sign up Gamst Pederson on a free as well. A couple of younger loan players in the Van Aanholt mould, someone like Cork of Chelsea as well will do for me.

looks like the papers don`t know which AZ player we want unsurprisingly (if any).....now linked with Simon Poulsen

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/wigan-athletic-fc/126860-newcastle-united-to-battle-wigan-athletic-for-danish-winger.html?

Wigan Athletic are reportedly keeping tabs on AZ Alkmaar winger Simon Poulsen.

The Daily Mail claims Latics boss Roberto Martinez is keeping tabs on the Dane but is likely to have to battle with Newcastle United for his signature.

The paper also claims that Wolves, Sunderland and Fulham are interested and that they, along with the Latics and the Magpies, all sent scouts on Wednesday night to check on Poulsen in action against Celtic.

It seems AZ are inviting offers from European clubs for their players as they struggle to clear substantial debts.

As I mentioned earlier, Mounir El Hamdaoui of AZ has scored 20 goals in the last couple of seasons and is really coming along as a player. More interestingly he was at Tottenham as a youngster, between 2005-2006, while Hughton was still coaching there. Also, El Hamdaoui has recently spoken of a wish to return to the premier league. Probably the most likely I would imagine. Would be pretty exciting.