Scumbucket Carragher Back In The England Squad.

Crumpy Gunt

I've got to say I've never rated Carragher. He had a very good season the year Liverpool won the CL however I think he's been consistently average for most of his career, certainly not a top class defender. There's a reason he couldn't get into the England team before his recent decline, the fact he could now be recalled after what has been his worst season in a while is a bit mental imo.

He couldn't get into the England side because he's a classic English scrappy centre-half as opposed to a ball-playing centre-half. European and international football is all about possession football, so you really want at least one centre-half who's comfortable on the ball, and given half-decent form, you're going to pick Terry over Carra because he's better in the air and scores goals.

He's never had a run in the England side at centre-back, but has only ever been used as a backup across the back line or as a defensive midfielder.

He's had a poor season, much like the rest of the defence he's supposed to organise.

Too true.

He's not a top class defender and never has been.

Utter balls.

I agree with Wacko on these points. Not his best season but has definitely been a top class defender and I wouldn't say he is overrated either.

Not anymore he's not, that's for sure.

One bad season does not necessarily mean his time has passed, especially when the whole side has had a crap season. Terry's season has been far from his best, too. Why isn't he copping loads of stick?

Oh yeah, because the rest of the side made up for his lack of form.

Terry has had some stick, plenty in fact. But he's been solid for the vast majority of this season, Carragher hasn't.

But has he been significantly worse than the other players?

Guest prestonj1989

Personally I think Terry is overrated if anyone is. I am not saying Carragher is better than him but what qualities does Terry have that seem to make people think he is better than Carragher.

Guest BooBoo

Rumours beginning to grow that Paul Scholes is another supposedly retired England player who will get a call up today.

Personally I think Terry is overrated if anyone is. I am not saying Carragher is better than him but what qualities does Terry have that seem to make people think he is better than Carragher.

Taller and scores goals. I'm pretty sure Carra has more own goals to his name than goal goals...

Terry is overrated though. Carvalho is a far, far better defender.

Not yet.

Tbh Ronaldo, I doubt Capello would have brought him back into a 30 after all this time, just to leave him out of the final 23. Joke of a decision.

Wouldn't put it past him, either, ruthless bastard that he is.