Scumbucket Carragher Back In The England Squad.

Crumpy Gunt

If he gets selected, i'd imagine it would be primarily as cover for both full back positions. Not in a million years an international CB.

If you're taking him as cover for RB you be better off taking G.Nev. Would imagine we'd already have two LBs in the squad.

If he does go I hope he isn't brought on for pens this time.

What's with all the animosity towards Carragher?

I could understand it with Gerrard or Masch, but Carra?

He's built up a bit of a reputation I think, stuff like the Talksport clip above.

That and the fact he abandoned his international career but if stories are to be believed fancies another crack at it now there's a tournament about to start.

Not that Lucas Neill isn't a twat himself, but this is one of the many, many reasons to hate Carracunt:

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2008/09/04/carragher-nearly-had-lucas-neill-assaulted

Probably my most hated individual player in the Premiership (and I don't really harbour any special animosity towards Liverpool), including other prize cunts such as Kieron Richardson, Lee Catermole and Gary Neville.  Always been WILDLY overrated as a footballer as well.  It will disgust me if he is on the plane to South Africa.

Not that Lucas Neill isn't a t*** himself, but this is one of the many, many reasons to hate Carracunt:

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.php/2008/09/04/carragher-nearly-had-lucas-neill-assaulted

Probably my most hated individual player in the Premiership (and I don't really harbour any special animosity towards Liverpool), including other prize c***s such as Kieron Richardson, Lee Catermole and Gary Neville.  Always been WILDLY overrated as a footballer as well.  It will disgust me if he is on the plane to South Africa.

i remember him when he was just breaking into the liverpool team and stamping on more than one player up here. horrible overated twat of a footballer (but whisper it i vaguely know someone who vaguely knows him and he's a smashing lad apparently)

He's built up a bit of a reputation I think, stuff like the Talksport clip above.

That and the fact he abandoned his international career but if stories are to be believed fancies another crack at it now there's a tournament about to start.

A reputation for sticking up for himself? Or is it just the, admittedly annoying, high-pitched Scouse whine when he's stressed.

Regarding the tournament, they called him, not vice versa. He wasn't pimping himself in the press: the England set-up contacted him. You can hardly blame Carra for that. Or should he tell Capello to fuck off out of spite towards McClaren?

Not that Lucas Neill isn't a twat himself, but this is one of the many, many reasons to hate Carracunt:

Probably my most hated individual player in the Premiership (and I don't really harbour any special animosity towards Liverpool), including other prize cunts such as Kieron Richardson, Lee Catermole and Gary Neville.  Always been WILDLY overrated as a footballer as well.  It will disgust me if he is on the plane to South Africa.

He didn't have Neill assaulted; his mates asked him if they should avenge him. Again, not the same thing at all. Wouldn't your mates do the same?

Personally, if someone broke my leg, I'd be more than happy to see them get theirs broken, too.

How is he overrated? He has never received anything like the plaudits that Rio, Terry, Woodgate or Campbell have, despite being an integral part of a defence every bit as good as theirs. He might not be as big as Terry or as skilful as Rio or Woodgate, but he's still a top-class defender.

Not that Lucas Neill isn't a t*** himself, but this is one of the many, many reasons to hate Carracunt:

Probably my most hated individual player in the Premiership (and I don't really harbour any special animosity towards Liverpool), including other prize c***s such as Kieron Richardson, Lee Catermole and Gary Neville.  Always been WILDLY overrated as a footballer as well.  It will disgust me if he is on the plane to South Africa.

i remember him when he was just breaking into the liverpool team and stamping on more than one player up here. horrible overated twat of a footballer (but whisper it i vaguely know someone who vaguely knows him and he's a smashing lad apparently)

He absolutely is, albeit very rough around the edges (you may remember him pulling a moonie to the camera during Owen's documentary--Carra had been sleeping on his sofa). He's been given the freedom of his home borough for charity work, and famously sold the photos of his wedding to the Kop magazine for a pound, in contrast to your average Prem player.

A reputation for sticking up for himself? Or is it just the, admittedly annoying, high-pitched Scouse whine when he's stressed.

Regarding the tournament, they called him, not vice versa. He wasn't pimping himself in the press: the England set-up contacted him. You can hardly blame Carra for that. Or should he tell Capello to fuck off out of spite towards McClaren?

Inviting someone down to the training ground so you can do them is a bit beyond sticking up for yourself like. :lol:

He also suggests he'd have had Lucas Neill done if it hadn't been for David Thompson being there.

Seems fairly reasonable that some people might think he's a wanker.

Inviting someone down to the training ground so you can do them is a bit beyond sticking up for yourself like. :lol:

He also suggests he'd have had Lucas Neill done if it hadn't been for David Thompson being there.

Seems fairly reasonable that some people might think he's a wanker.

The invitation was to come and call him a bottler to his face, I believe. No punch was explicitly promised.

Nevertheless, you are right, of course.

He absolutely is, albeit very rough around the edges (you may remember him pulling a moonie to the camera during Owen's documentary--Carra had been sleeping on his sofa). He's been given the freedom of his home borough for charity work, and famously sold the photos of his wedding to the Kop magazine for a pound, in contrast to your average Prem player.

Aye, they still talk about that in places like New York and Sydney to this very day...  As for the freedom of his home borough for charity work, give a shit, really.  Shearer's got a degree, but it doesn't make him Sheldon Cooper.

Aye, they still talk about that in places like New York and Sydney to this very day...

Their Liverpool fans do...

As for the freedom of his home borough for charity work, give a shit, really.  Shearer's got a degree, but it doesn't make him Sheldon Cooper.

Fuck degrees. Even I've got one of those.

Who's Sheldon Cooper?

Learn to use Google my friend.

I did. Some TV programme I've never heard of.

You should check it out, decent mindless entertainment. Funnier the more nerdy you are yourself, though.

1)He didn't have Neill assaulted; his mates asked him if they should avenge him. Again, not the same thing at all. Wouldn't your mates do the same?

2)Personally, if someone broke my leg, I'd be more than happy to see them get theirs broken, too.

3)How is he overrated? He has never received anything like the plaudits that Rio, Terry, Woodgate or Campbell have, despite being an integral part of a defence every bit as good as theirs. He might not be as big as Terry or as skilful as Rio or Woodgate, but he's still a top-class defender.

1)Way to miss the point.  If you didn't detect the undercurrent of "I was this close to agreeing with my friends' suggestion to attack Neill, but I'm a bigger man than that: GO ME!" in what he was saying (which betrays a fucking moronic and nasty mindset, just to state the blindingly obvious), then I'd suggest that reading comprehension wasn't your strong point at school.  And - as Liam says - there is the unmistakable hint in his words that David Thompson being present was the only reason that he didn't 'give the go ahead', which actually contradicts and undermines the bullshit "I rose above all that" self-congratulation that he's just come out with.  If you don't think that's Grade A Cunt material, then I wouldn't like to be in your social circle.

2)And there lies the difference between you and me.  Draw your own conclusions.

3)He is overrated because he played for England whilst never being an international quality defender.

Learn to use Google my friend.

I did. Some TV programme I've never heard of.

You should check it out, decent mindless entertainment. Funnier the more nerdy you are yourself, though.

Very. Big. Nerd. Am. I.

1)He didn't have Neill assaulted; his mates asked him if they should avenge him. Again, not the same thing at all. Wouldn't your mates do the same?

2)Personally, if someone broke my leg, I'd be more than happy to see them get theirs broken, too.

3)How is he overrated? He has never received anything like the plaudits that Rio, Terry, Woodgate or Campbell have, despite being an integral part of a defence every bit as good as theirs. He might not be as big as Terry or as skilful as Rio or Woodgate, but he's still a top-class defender.

1)Way to miss the point.  If you didn't detect the undercurrent of "I was this close to agreeing with my friends' suggestion to attack Neill, but I'm a bigger man than that: GO ME!" in what he was saying (which betrays a fucking moronic and nasty mindset, just to state the blindingly obvious), then I'd suggest that reading comprehension wasn't your strong point at school.  And - as Liam says - there is the unmistakable hint in his words that David Thompson being present was the only reason that he didn't 'give the go ahead', which actually contradicts and undermines the bullshit "I rose above all that" self-congratulation that he's just come out with.  If you don't think that's Grade A Cunt material, then I wouldn't like to be in your social circle.

2)And there lies the difference between you and me.  Draw your own conclusions.

3)He is overrated because he played for England whilst never being an international quality defender.

1) You give Carra too much credit. I'm guessing you, like me, have a more middle-class, intellectual background. Carra doesn't have that abstraction, doesn't step back and look at himself. Whatever you're reading into it, you can be sure Carra sees it exactly as he explained it: Neill was lucky Thomson was with him. Nothing more, nothing less. We're talking about a guy who showed his arse to Owen's documentary film crew for a laugh.

2) Perhaps. I can't remember the tackle in question. If it was like one of Gerrard's leg breakers, I say let the bastard have it. I'm a big believer in imposing the other guy's rules on himself.

3) Heh? He has consistently risen to the challenge of CL football over the past five years (which is universally acknowledged as being above international level) and not been found wanting, yet he's not an international quality defender? You're seriously lacking in objectivity here. Sure, he's no great footballer, but he can defend with the best of them.

He's had a poor season, much like the rest of the defence he's supposed to organise.

Too true.

He's not a top class defender and never has been.

Utter balls.

Guest prestonj1989

He's had a poor season, much like the rest of the defence he's supposed to organise.

Too true.

Utter balls.

I agree with Wacko on these points. Not his best season but has definitely been a top class defender and I wouldn't say he is overrated either. Can really judge what type of guy he is but don't think he done anything wrong with that talksport thing.

I've got to say I've never rated Carragher. He had a very good season the year Liverpool won the CL however I think he's been consistently average for most of his career, certainly not a top class defender. There's a reason he couldn't get into the England team before his recent decline, the fact he could now be recalled after what has been his worst season in a while is a bit mental imo.

Too true.

Utter balls.

I agree with Wacko on these points. Not his best season but has definitely been a top class defender and I wouldn't say he is overrated either.

Not anymore he's not, that's for sure.