Milner  Emre    Parker  Zoggy

----------------Dyer----------------

---------------Martins--------------

Given

Solano --- Taylor --- Bramble --- Ramage

Milner --- Emre --- Butt --- N'Zogbia

Sibierski --- Martins

Subs: Harper, Huntington, Parker, Pattison, Luque, Dyer, Carroll

The defense picks itself really, thanks to the multitude of injuries. Besides, Ramage is defending well in my opinion and both Tayls and Nobby are better than Carr at right-back. Probably.

With the exclusion of Duff and Nobby from midfield, it again pretty much picks itself. However i want to drop Parker because he is so ineffective in the opposition's half, even though he's got a few goals. Butt is playing extremely well, especially in Europe - he put in a man of the match performance against Palermo... he was a fifth defender, which we will really need on Thursday. and i think the balance is better with Emre.

Rest Dyer, with thoughts towards the weekend, give him 20 or 30 minutes of the second half, when we'll probably really need him. Anyone who can justify dropping Martins after his best performance in a black and white shirt, is as insane as Roeder. Play him with our cup hero, Sibierski.

I say

Given

Taylor    Bramble    Ramage    N'Zogbia

Solano  Emre  Parker  Milner

Sibierski    Martins

now that Moore and Duff are more than likely gonna sit out.

I'd rest as many first-choice players as possible. The Portsmouth game is far more important, and we need to put out a fresh team. Having won our first two games in the UEFA, it's unlikely that we'll fail to go through.