Parky vs. Immigration issues in International football caused by modern society

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Who called him a Fascist?  :kinnear:

hitler.

;D

I never had Hitler pegged down as Hypocrite.

Ridiculous poll question tbh.This isn't even the debate!!The debate is whether Germany are stretching the rules to allow Brazilian born and bred Cacau to play for them.As Kezman points out,Poland have also done this as have Middle Eastern nations.

It is something I wouldn't be happy about if the English FA started courting the likes of Almunia/Arteta.

To call Parky a Fascist,in his views which incidentally I agree with, is frankly disgusting,and obviously doesn't show a high level of intelligence,to resort to a foul level of name calling.

You only partly agree with the view he's been putting across, though. Which incidentially also is the part the rest of us also agree with.

Works the other way as well.

When Germany and Turkey face off on Wednesday, June 25 there will be plenty of German spoken by both sides. The Turkish roster is filled with players from immigrant families who were not only born in Germany but made a name for themselves playing for their adopted country's clubs.

So there is a certain amount of consternation that none of the talented German-Turkish players chose to play for Germany.

"For most players of Turkish origin, decisions are taken based on family influences," former Germany player Matthias Sammer, now the sporting director of the German federation, told "DPA news agency."

Top Turkish players Hamit Altintop and Hakan Balta are perfect examples. Both were born and played soccer for Gelsenkirchen and Berlin, respectively. There are many others like them, including Uemuez Davala, Yldiray Bastuerk, Altintop's brother, Halil, and Nuri Sahin, the youngster whom Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger has called one of the greatest talents in European football.

They all chose the Ottoman crescent moon over the Prussian eagle.

I know you live on a mountain top in Norway somewhere K but this is quite a hot debate in Germany about the makeup of the national team and also the problems as hightlighted by Beckenbauer of foreign born nationalts not singing the anthem. There was quite the backlash here in Germany about that.

Ridiculous poll question tbh.This isn't even the debate!!The debate is whether Germany are stretching the rules to allow Brazilian born and bred Cacau to play for them.As Kezman points out,Poland have also done this as have Middle Eastern nations.

It is something I wouldn't be happy about if the English FA started courting the likes of Almunia/Arteta.

To call Parky a Fascist,in his views which incidentally I agree with, is frankly disgusting,and obviously doesn't show a high level of intelligence,to resort to a foul level of name calling.

Thank you.

You only partly agree with the view he's been putting across, though. Which incidentially also is the part the rest of us also agree with.

When Germany and Turkey face off on Wednesday, June 25 there will be plenty of German spoken by both sides. The Turkish roster is filled with players from immigrant families who were not only born in Germany but made a name for themselves playing for their adopted country's clubs.

So there is a certain amount of consternation that none of the talented German-Turkish players chose to play for Germany.

"For most players of Turkish origin, decisions are taken based on family influences," former Germany player Matthias Sammer, now the sporting director of the German federation, told "DPA news agency."

Top Turkish players Hamit Altintop and Hakan Balta are perfect examples. Both were born and played soccer for Gelsenkirchen and Berlin, respectively. There are many others like them, including Uemuez Davala, Yldiray Bastuerk, Altintop's brother, Halil, and Nuri Sahin, the youngster whom Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger has called one of the greatest talents in European football.

I know you live on a mountain top in Norway somewhere K but this is quite a hot debate in Germany about the makeup of the national team and also the problems as hightlighted by Beckenbauer of foreign born nationalts not singing the anthem. There was quite the backlash here in Germany about that.

In a country of 4.7million, there's about 700-800 000 with immigrant background. I'd say Norwegians are well in their rights to comment about something like this.

And also, almost no European footballers usually sing their national anthem. It's nothing new.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

As far as I'm concerned there's a big difference between choosing to play for a National Team due to Heritage/Belonging and choosing to play for one because you don't think you'd get into the other through ability. A blanket ban on neutralised players playing for a National Team would just be over the top, which is the impression I'm getting from Parky at the moment.

All qualify to play for a country other than Germany.

1) Dennis Aogo

2) Jerome Boateng

3) Serdar Tasci

4) Sami Khedira

5) Marko Marin

6) Mesut Özil

7) Piotr Trochowski

8) Cacao

9) Mario Gomez

10) Miroslav Klose

11) Lukas Podolski

Aogo and Boateng both have one German parent, and they were both born in Germany I believe.

I've stated already if you are born in a country or have parents/grandparents that were,then you should be allowed to play for them.

You'll be advocating a transfer market for international football next.It's like England sending scouts to Brazil to watch say U-12 footballers,offering the best players' parents fortunes and nice houses in England, to play for England when they are 20 or so.It isn't right man.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Which parts of Parky's argument are people disagreeing with?

As far as I'm concerned there's a big difference between choosing to play for a National Team due to Heritage/Belonging and choosing to play for one because you don't think you'd get into the other through ability. A blanket ban on neutralised players playing for a National Team would just be over the top, which is the impression I'm getting from Parky at the moment.

I've stated already if you are born in a country or have parents/grandparents that were,then you should be allowed to play for them.

You'll be advocating a transfer market for international football next.It's like England sending scouts to Brazil to watch say U-12 footballers,offering the best players' parents fortunes and nice houses in England, to play for England when they are 20 or so.It isn't right man.

I'm not advocating that at all, man. Have you even read my posts? I'm against nautralising players as adults, just not against letting people who've lived their whole life in a country play for that country because they were born somewhere else. Parky is advocating a complete blanket ban on anything but pure blooded footballers representing their nation.

Guest Heneage

Amauri, the latest case

Having completed the process of naturalization, Amauri could be called by coach Marcello Lippi to represent Italy’s 23 man squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Lippi has left the possibility in the air, after throwing praises about the Juventus player who was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

If you knew what you were talking about(see I can patronize too ;) ) you'd know the majority of Italy are against such a call up, and the chances incredibly small, as Amauri has been percieved as an international mercenary willing to play for 'whoever picks me'.

Guest palnese

Amauri, the latest case

Having completed the process of naturalization, Amauri could be called by coach Marcello Lippi to represent Italy’s 23 man squad for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Lippi has left the possibility in the air, after throwing praises about the Juventus player who was born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

If you knew what you were talking about(see I can patronize too ;) ) you'd know the majority of Italy are against such a call up, and the chances incredibly small, as Amauri has been percieved as an international mercenary willing to play for 'whoever picks me'.

Like Camoranesi?

I'm not advocating that at all, man. Have you even read my posts? I'm against nautralising players as adults, just not against letting people who've lived their whole life in a country play for that country because they were born somewhere else.

But that's what Germany has done mate!!The scouting of young Brazilians/whoever by foreign scouts is surely what will happen next if it hasn't already.Some countries are traditionally unscrupulous in their pilgrimage to win at all costs.

I'm not advocating that at all, man. Have you even read my posts? I'm against nautralising players as adults, just not against letting people who've lived their whole life in a country play for that country because they were born somewhere else.

But that's what Germany has done mate!!The scouting of young Brazilians/whoever by foreign scouts is surely what will happen next if it hasn't already.Some countries are traditionally unscrupulous in their pilgrimage to win at all costs.

The only player that shouldn't be able to play for Germany in their WC squad is Cacau.

I'm astounded that people can't see that unless something is done, richer countries will hoover up young talent. Germany are also in a massively advantagous postion situated as they are in the middle of Europe with a huge multi-german ethnic German diaspora - extended families of Croatians, Serbs, Hungarians, czechs right through to Latvians and now some Russians. Are people really that naive to think that Germany hasn't started to take advantage of that.

The only player that shouldn't be able to play for Germany in their WC squad is Cacau.

Not what the Poles think though is it?

But he's there.So Germany are wrong.End of story.

I'm astounded that people can't see that unless something is done, richer countries will hoover up young talent. Germany are also in a massively advantagous postion situated as they are in the middle of Europe with a huge multi-german ethnic German diaspora - extended families of Croatians, Serbs, Hungarians, czechs right through to Latvians and now some Russians. Are people really that naive to think that Germany hasn't started to take advantage of that.

It seems so.

The modern world is becoming a place without borders, everyone can take advantage of it, as will be highlighted in the coming years when England as well starts picking people with immigrant background. Embrace it and accept it.

No need to take the Spiesser reaction seriously, however.

Not what the Poles think though is it?

The Poles have, and should have, no say in demanding someone who's almost never lived in their country to play for them.

Guest Heneage

Amauri, the latest case

Like Camoranesi?

Camoranesi qualified via his grandparents, so no not like him at all....

Kalou to Holland is an example of what Parky might be trying to get at without realising. He attempted to fast track Dutch citizenship for the last World Cup despite the fact he didn't actually speak fluent Dutch meaning he failed the citizenship test.

I'm not advocating that at all, man. Have you even read my posts? I'm against nautralising players as adults, just not against letting people who've lived their whole life in a country play for that country because they were born somewhere else. Parky is advocating a complete blanket ban on anything but pure blooded footballers representing their nation.

Nothing to do with pure blood or race where you're born is it. English black players play for Eng cause they're born in England not cause they have Caucasian blood. Really quite concerned the amount of insinuations you've managed to level at this thread notwithstand that fifa are worried about it...I supposee fifa, Beckanbauer and half the German nation are talking shit and you living in some skiing village know what's what. Mind boggling.