Parky vs. Immigration issues in International football caused by modern society

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If you're born in Northern Ireland you can decide if you want to have English or Irish second Nationality.

Guest firetotheworks

If you're born in Northern Ireland you can decide if you want to have English or Irish second Nationality.

That has just rocked my world.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

are you sure ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Ireland#Citizenship_and_identity

As part of the United Kingdom, people from Northern Ireland are British citizens. They are also entitled to Irish citizenship by birth which is covered in the 1998 Belfast Agreement between the British and Irish governments, which, provides that: it is the birthright of all the people of Northern Ireland to identify themselves and be accepted as Irish or British, or both, as they may so choose, and accordingly [the two governments] confirm that their right to hold both British and Irish citizenship is accepted by both Governments and would not be affected by any future change in the status of Northern Ireland.

Its Wikipedia like so could be bollocks.

are you sure ?

As part of the United Kingdom, people from Northern Ireland are British citizens. They are also entitled to Irish citizenship by birth which is covered in the 1998 Belfast Agreement between the British and Irish governments, which, provides that: it is the birthright of all the people of Northern Ireland to identify themselves and be accepted as Irish or British, or both, as they may so choose, and accordingly [the two governments] confirm that their right to hold both British and Irish citizenship is accepted by both Governments and would not be affected by any future change in the status of Northern Ireland.

it also not once mentions "english".

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

are you sure ?

Holy crap you're on a pedantic mistake watch at the moment aren't you. I meant British/Irish.

are you sure ?

As long as it has sources, which this has, it's not.

are you sure ?

Holy crap you're on a pedantic mistake watch at the moment aren't you. I meant British/Irish.

not really. in the context of the thread it would mean he couldn't opt to play for scotland or wales.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

are you sure ?

not really. in the context of the thread it would mean he couldn't opt to play for scotland or wales.

Aye, but it was still highlighting that someone in Northern Ireland had the opportunity to select a choice of Nationalities despite only being born in one country. Though you're right, if I had typed British first time it would have opened the door even further.

If you're British but born outside of the UK you have a choice to pick any one of the four nations. Maik Taylor was born to an English mother and German father in Germany but because he had a British passport he could pick any of the Home Nations to play for, hence why he ended up playing for Northern Ireland.

How do you sit with that one Parky?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If you're British but born outside of the UK you have a choice to pick any one of the four nations. Maik Taylor was born to an English mother and German father in Germany but because he had a British passport he could pick any of the Home Nations to play for, hence why he ended up playing for Northern Ireland.

It was mentioned earlier by Madras in reference to Alan Nielsen.

Ahh apologies, I lost track of this debate after last night. I guess that one blew his mind though.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ahh apologies, I lost track of this debate after last night. I guess that one blew his mind though.

Probably trying to find Nielsen as we speak to give him a 'stern talking to'.

Probably trying to find Nielsen as we speak to give him a 'stern talking to'.

:lol:

British passport, German father, English mother...Born in Germany.

Plays for Germany or England.

Guest firetotheworks

for me, to extend a point. Born in Spain, German mother, English father. Lived in France most of their life.

Plays for Spain, Germany, or England.

for me, to extend a point. Born in Spain, German mother, English father. Lived in France most of their life.

Spain or England. I think the father counts more in this instance than where you happen to live, but I can see this is a tricky one.

Spain or England. I think the father counts more in this instance than where you happen to live, but I can see this is a tricky one.

What the fuck? How does the father count more than the mother? They both made the kid? :lol:

What the f***? How does the father count more than the mother? They both made the kid? :lol:

Women don't care about football.

What the fuck? How does the father count more than the mother? They both made the kid? :lol:

Where does the sperm come from?  :lol: :razz:

What the f***? How does the father count more than the mother? They both made the kid? :lol:

Women don't care about football.

Yeah best leave women out of this. Probably talk him into playing for France so she can live in Paris etc... :rolleyes:

I'm assuming he has a British passport.