FA Coaching Badges

Ash

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The course was a great idea, and well worth the time to show up and take part. FA Tutors were fantastic, and the course was pretty much Neil going through a Technical > Skill > Game linked theme on pressing. He'd stop and coach us taking part as players, and then in explain what he was doing to us as coaches. Great insight as to what to expect from the Level 2 Course. Started of a bit daunting, but pretty excited about Level 2 now.

Pleased to know I'm not a million miles away from what they're after, but still have plenty to learn and take in between now, March and final assessment in x months time.

Can't praise Northumberland FA and Newcastle Foundation enough for the time they gave for FREE tonight.

Short Passing.  Bit boring i know but i felt i could deliver it well

GRID A              CENTRAL ZONE    GRID B

15mx15m        15mx5m                15mx15m

Technique

10 players. 5 on each team.

A sort of 2-1-2 formation working the ball into the far grid. Middle player in central zone turning when given the ball and moving into GRID B. Another player has to move into the Central Zone to recreate the 2-1-2 formation.

Skill

6v2. Plus 2 resting defenders.

Create a 3-1-2 formation.

3 players moving the ball around in GIRD A. Speed of transition into CENTRAL ZONE up to them. Central Zone player gets ball and turns into GIRD B to recreate a 3v1 in that Grid. Another player from GRID A needs to move into GRID B, to keep the 3-1-2 formation.

The 1st defender would start from say GRID A as a starting position to CENTRAL ZONE when the ball is in GRID B. Vice versa for the 2nd defender.

Coaching Points

Technique of pass: Inside foot,Stab etc

Shape:  Traingles etc, wide and long

When to pass when to run

When to play infront of player, when to play to feet

Speed of transition into other Grid

Probably hard to get your head around and it's hard to get my thoughts down on a forum. But it's a simple and effective exercise.

I think i did okay. Out of the 16 there i'd like to think i was up there with the better coaches.

But we'll see i suppose

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Had a LinkedIn account for ages, but never really used it. Changed things around, and set it up as a Coaching profile now (moved away from Games Development), and its probably the best 'social network' site for coaching. Plenty of coaches on it, plenty of groups to share ideas, articles and sessions on too.

Starting the FA Youth Module 1 next week, so I will let you all know what it is like. Been told that it is a very good course!

Getting myself sorted and booking onto Module 2 in June/July.

Also read on the Northumberland FA website that they have the Module 3 in August/September.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ah nice! Booked on the April Youth Module 1, looking forward to it. Hopefully it'll make something click in my head how best to coach the U8s.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I think I might look into the youth awards for the next few months. Chris is linkedin good? I think I might get one, but had a quick look and unsure as to how it works!

Linkedin is decent, and pretty much works like Facebook, but seems more 'grown up'.

Ah nice! Booked on the April Youth Module 1, looking forward to it. Hopefully it'll make something click in my head how best to coach the U8s.

The club have asked me to go on it. What are the dates because i'm unsure if i can do it if it's druing school hours.

If not we'll be on the course together ;)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The club have asked me to go on it. What are the dates because i'm unsure if i can do it if it's druing school hours.

Its during the Easter Holiday - every day between 18th -21st April 9am-6pm.

Its during the Easter Holiday - every day between 18th -21st April 9am-6pm.

Hopefully, i'll see you then :thup:

Not sure what the course entails tbh. But the club need somebody to do it and i remember you and Caz talking about ti so i volunteered :)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Heard back from the Foundation yet, Guv?

Been looking around at some Job adverts:

https://locogrecruitment.london2012.com/jobs/main?cmd=reqDisplayJobDetails&jobId=1777

http://www.jobisjob.co.uk/bishop-auckland-county-durham/soccer-king-coaching/football-coach/job-offer-olvutbhhydomf7xdxgp6imo3le

http://www.jobisjob.co.uk/london-london-uk/picklive/football-matchday-data-gathering/job-offer-v3hyif3qy3cf37xdxgp6imo3le

http://www.safc.com/page/FoundationJobs - !Sunderland Website!

Just seen this job advert:

Part Time Coaching Position (but may become full time) in Birmingham.

We are looking for an energetic coach to join our team to coach players of all abilities.

The successful candidate will be highly motivated and passionate about football with a strong desire to share their knowledge and experience in a fun and high intensity environment. You must haver had 2 years experience of coaching as we pride ourselves on the quality of our coaching.

Full training will be provided by our technical director so that you can teach our proven method that has already produced one International Football player.

Salary will be discussed at interview and will rise depending upon qualifications and experience.

Must have own transport.

Qualifications Required - A minimum FA Level 2 or ideally UEFA B or equivalent.

Semi pro/Pro playing experience would be an asset.

Valid drivers license.

But gutting seeing something like that, but I guess its understandable. I assume they believe your playing experience will result in more insight/football knowledge.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Canny job for anyone living in Northern Ireland

ACTIVE COMMUNITIES - FOOTBALL COACH

Salary: Scale 4, £17,161-£19,126 gross per annum

Hours: 37 per week

Duration: 12 months Fixed Term (may be extended depending on funding)

Cookstown District Council, Dungannon & South Tyrone Borough Council and Magherafelt District Council have created this new post through Active Communities Programme, a Sport Northern Ireland lottery funded initiative.

The successful applicants for the above post will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of football sessions which will engage with those least likely to participate in sport. The post holder will work across the Council areas of Cookstown, Dungannon and Magherafelt in a variety of settings within the local community.

PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR APPLICATION FORMS AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE!

Application forms, and job descriptions are available from Personnel Section, Cookstown District Council, Burn Road, COOKSTOWN, Northern Ireland BT80 8DT or our website www.cookstown.gov.uk .

Closing Date: Friday 11 March 2011 at 4.00pm

Ah wait, just seen the closing date.

Just finished my work experience with the Foundation and they have gievn me the job :thup:

I'm over the moon and i found my week very insightful and i've already picked stuff up in a relatively short space fo time. It really makes you appreciate what you've got when you visit some schools, and on the coaching side of things i have improved massively already.

I popped into SJP today with one of the head lads, and we were looking at Pardew's little set pieces notebook. Some of the moves looked good.

I cannot wait to start  :frantic:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

I'd be lying if I didn't think the same. Might bump into you during my Week Placement weeks!