FA Coaching Badges

Ash

Applying for a coaching job at the FAI summer camps. Fingers crossed.

You made a decision on where you're studying next year yet?

Indeed, Ash. Hoping to be in Newcastle College next year on Keith's football coaching course. Fingers crossed! :)

And cheers, Guv!

Good man. :thup:

Have you looked at anywhere to live?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I haven't got a confirmation letter yet though :s

Last I had was 3 weeks ago:

I can confirm your place on the course – further details and pre-course reading will be forwarded to you 2 weeks prior to commencement of the course.

Heard nowt back. Might email/ring tomorrow to check, usually have to chase things up as they can be a busy bunch up the road.

Indeed, Ash. Hoping to be in Newcastle College next year on Keith's football coaching course. Fingers crossed! :)

And cheers, Guv!

I have indeedy, Ash. Got a deposit down for a place in Liberty Court just a few minutes walk up the road from the college! Fingers crossed I get the grades now!

And cheers, Guv!

I have indeedy, Ash. Got a deposit down for a place in Liberty Court just a few minutes walk up the road from the college! Fingers crossed I get the grades now!

Can you get that deposit back by any chance? :lol:

You'll get accepted mate, don't worry about that. :thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I thought that name sounded familiar.  :lol: Could Mistle not look to house share with the guys (if he wanted to)?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Jesmond/Ilford Road area. I'm not with them like, so can't really speak on their behalf. Ash would be your contact/go between for that, to get in touch with them.

I'm fairly sure I can get it back, yeah- is there something I'm missing here? :lol:

Obi, where are the guys house sharing? I guess that would be another good option to have like!

When I went to look around the place with my Mum last year, she came away crying at the thought of me potentially living there. :lol:

The place I'm in is around £1000 cheaper and 1000x better. We're just up the road from St James' so it's ideal for town and it's only a 10-15 minute walk to the College from here too. I'll probably be living with a couple of Irish lads next year who are on our course so if you did want to move into this place, you could live with us or in one of the other apartments but I'm sure they'd make you feel at home if you'd opted to live with us! Drop me a PM if you want some more info and I'll pass it on.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

A few of the FA Tutors will be, from what I gather. Its a new requirement that all tutors have the Youth Award.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Its only been the 1st day of the FA Youth Module 1 course, but so far I'm very happy with it. Insightful and reassuring; learning new ways of coaching and thinking, but at the same time getting a lot of positive reinforcement that I'm doing things right too. More interestingly some good networking going on!

Plenty of FA Tutors!

Few Academy Coaches.

and The Guv.

Its only been the 1st day of the FA Youth Module 1 course, but so far I'm very happy with it. Insightful and reassuring; learning new ways of coaching and thinking, but at the same time getting a lot of positive reinforcement that I'm doing things right too. More interestingly some good networking going on!

Plenty of FA Tutors!

Few Academy Coaches.

and The Guv.

:snod:

Yeah from just a day's 'work' i've already learned a lot. I cannot wait for tommorow and to continue building on the things we've taken from today.   :thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Another class day on the Youth Module. Day 2 was MOTIVATION! Nothing too in depth, but a good starting point, with a lot of discussion, about what motivation is and how it can affect players. Some good little sessions and games shown too. Really can't rate this course high enough at the moment, already wanting Module 2 to start.  :lol:

Lads, long story but last night at approximately 5am I jumped/fell over a wall and it appears I have absolutely destroyed my heels, to the extent that I literally cannot walk or stand up, it's the emergency aid thing tonight and I will do everything in my power to go. I don't think it's Keith doing it so should I email him about Saturday, I'm supposed to be taking a session with my partner on Saturday, obviously that will be a problem, although I could probably just about do it, going to have problems with the final assessment though.

I may have to drop out, this is just awful.

What did you do?

Jumped over a wall, landed terribly, I rolled unintentionally, got a number of cuts on my hands and knee, and my heels are making it unable to walk with any great efficiency, I just spent an hour or so going down a couple of flights of stairs and having a shower, it was constant intense pain.

I'm really not one to moan, but this is on another level.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

As long as you phone/email to explain they'll appreciate the heads up and effort. I wouldn't worry about it too much, they'll work something out for you.