FA Coaching Badges

Ash

Reading back through this thread and I notice your doing the same course as me at Newcastle College Chris. What year are you on? I've just started the 3rd back in September.

1st Year. I'm a mature student.  :smug: Thought I was going to be the oldest, but this other guy sometimes shows up with his International Football Caps.

HAHA during the last 2 years it was all aged between 18 - 25 but in the 3rd year all of the sports courses have sort of merged and theres some that are like 40+. Unfortunately theres no coaching practical this year which made me choose nutrition.

Are you looking to go to Leeds for your final year? Of all of us that applied only 1 lad got accepted and he didn't even have the best grades or most coaching experience. It seemed like total pot luck, out of a hat or something. When people called Leeds up, they started making weird excuses up, even different excuses based on who you spoke to. Just a word of warning.

Nah, probably see if I can finish it at Northumbria (but I expect they're a pain to get into too).

Aye some where told they wouldn't be accepted so didn't apply.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye, that's Uni Standard at the moment like, plus the added prospect for £9000 fee for the honour of graduating.  :undecided:

How come we never see you in the Games section of the board? I know you like games, I see you on GAF all the time!

Its only going to get harder to get in. My fees have been pretty cheap at newcastle college, £2500 a year. If you need any help or advice with assignments or owt give me a shout.

I didn't even know the games section existed until last week  ;D I've had a look in a few times. Get me added on Steam (LukeT87) and Xbox Live (Warick Hunt).

Reading back through this thread and I notice your doing the same course as me at Newcastle College Chris. What year are you on? I've just started the 3rd back in September.

1st Year. I'm a mature student.  :smug: Thought I was going to be the oldest, but this other guy sometimes shows up with his International Football Caps.

:spit:

:spit:

I don't want to sound like a spaz but are you joking? :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

I'm not sure. It really could be true that this guy has appeared a handful of times for his country, but I can't even remember which country it is he's from. Its some obscure African Nation.

I'm not sure. It really could be true that this guy has appeared a handful of times for his country, but I can't even remember which country it is he's from. Its some obscure African Nation.

I'm sure it's true. :lol: Think he said he'd played against Michael Essien. Well, he said he'd played against Ghana anyway.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

so these badges take a week for each level? what do they cost?

Yes and no.

A week initial Course, then many weeks of logged coaching, with two or three 'top up' dates before the final assessment.

They start at £100 and end up costing £1000+

Its booked (I hope). Doing it through my club, so think I have to wait for them to stamp the invoice.

Lucky you! I'm going to wait for my loan to come through in early January and pay for it with that I reckon. Going to do it all in one go when I book my Level 1.

Yes and no.

A week initial Course, then many weeks of logged coaching, with two or three 'top up' dates before the final assessment.

logged coaching at your own club?- does the club have to be at a certain level?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You're laughing if you can join a decent club as a coach, that are happy to pay for your coaching education like. I really can't praise Tony and Forest Hall enough for that.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Yes and no.

With anyone, as long as you've got session plans detailing the coaching session and how long they were. Can be with any level too.

I'll be doing an intensive course over a week so it's out of the way, usually they're done over a longer period though.

I'll be doing an intensive course over a week so it's out of the way, usually they're done over a longer period though.

so could you do them  1 day a week?

Yes and no.

With anyone, as long as you've got session plans detailing the coaching session and how long they were. Can be with any level too.

That reminds me, I may need to take you up on your offer of popping down to 'help' you out at Forest Hall.

so could you do them  1 day a week?

As far as I know, they have to be done on the dates set. This is the one I'm doing: http://eventspace.thefa.com/northumberlandfa/participant/arrangement.aspx?id=26092

Another one, for example, is set out like this: http://eventspace.thefa.com/northumberlandfa/participant/arrangement.aspx?id=26089

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Yes and no.

That reminds me, I may need to take you up on your offer of popping down to 'help' you out at Forest Hall.

I'll talk to the parents next time I see them (probably not to New Year), just to give them a heads up this burly Hull bloke might help out.

Yes and no.

I'll talk to the parents next time I see them (probably not to New Year), just to give them a heads up this burly Hull bloke might help out.

Cheers mate. I won't be back until mid-January anyway.