FA Coaching Badges

Ash

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What's on tomorrow?! And aye i'll see you on friday :)

Nowt! Keep thinking you're at the Level 2 course tomorrow, but you've nearly finished it, haven't you?  :lol:

Man utd match gets moved to Tuesday so I don't miss it for the level 1, get in. :lol:

:lol: Jammy!

There's a new cafe open in Forest Hall now (NE12), if people want to meet one afternoon/evening to discuss coaching or whatever (or meet at another cafe somewhere), give a shout and we'll get something planned.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Reet you're one of three people:

1. Tall lanky dude with dark curly hair wearing NUFC training kit.

2. Short blonde hair guy that looked a bit german with England training kit and clipboard - Ash reckoned this one.

3. REALLY tall blond built like a boxer with blue Whitley Bay top - I reckon this one.

Reet you're one of three people:

1. Tall lanky dude with dark curly hair wearing NUFC training kit.

2. Short blonde hair guy that looked a bit german with England training kit and clipboard - Ash reckoned this one.

3. REALLY tall blond built like a boxer with blue Whitley Bay top - I reckon this one.

:lol:

I said #3 too, not sure though. It'll be funny if he isn't any of the above!

Number 3 :) correct. 

I thought you were the mid 20 year old in england gear? I was tempted at the end to shout out OBI?! Or NEESY? To see if I could raise a smile, haha. But I was too embarrassed and would feel like a dick.

Anyway I enjoyed the session and I cracked on with a few lads I knew and I felt I benefited from tongiht. I will be going again :thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

;D

Ash was saying we should just go around going 'Guv?' 'Are you my internet friend?'. I wasn't the guy in the England stuff. I'll PM you my number and we'll arrange something to discuss football and coaching.  :thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Barney Jones' was class, so much you could do with it. Learned a lot from that just watching him. Even though he didn't really speak directly to us the coaches, there was a lot to take in.

1st go - Observe

Understand? Yes - Progress No - Coach/Correct

2nd go - progress

5/10 second instructions

30 second - 1 minute players doing the drill

Have a full page of notes from watching Barney, not so much from the Mark Woodhall. Though it was interesting to see the difference between them. Barney wasn't afraid to manual move and correct players, as well as using guided discovery. While Mark Woodhall seemed to exclusively use guided discovery to get the players to understand. So it was good to see that either approach is OK to use when balanced.

The general use of space that Barney used was great. He did 2/3 different drills/progressions within that one space he had set up, which would be a huge time saver in a 60minute training slot.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Absolutely massive day today.

A 90min work experience, turned into a 7 hour work experience. What a day. Did Match Fit in the afternoon, followed by Foundation LTPD and then watched the Academy train. Totally unreal, some top, top coaches. Fantastic day, can't wait for next week now, even though I was a bit overwhelmed and too scared to do anything in case I set back the development of fantastic young players by decades.  :lol:

And to top it all off... my club want to put me through FA Youth Module 2 (even though I haven't done Module 1 yet).  :smitten:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Match Fit is a top idea, I really like it and wouldn't mind being involved with it. Though I think the NHS person that links up to do the food side of the program could do with learning how to speak to children. She was using words like 'per say' and being a bit technical to kids who were no older than 8.  :lol: I've been linked up with BWC - top bloke.  :thup:

Yes - In May! Quality. The future partnership of England's future begins!

Match Fit is a top idea, I really like it and wouldn't mind being involved with it. Though I think the NHS person that links up to do the food side of the program could do with learning how to speak to children. She was using words like 'per say' and being a bit technical to kids who were no older than 8.  :lol: I've been linked up with BWC - top bloke.  :thup:

Yes - In May! Quality. The future partnership of England's future begins!

Aye i think some words are hard to grasp for them IMO.

Some of the things the kids come out with are great like. One of the questions was Steve Harper loves spaghetti. where does Spaghetti come from? And the answer we were expecting was Italy, and a lad puts his hand up looking like he was speaking for the children of his class and causally said 'Morrisions'. I couldn't hold it in :lol:

Aye Chrissy ;)  Should be fun :)

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I was wearing an Italy top today. Big mistake. 10 mins of everyone asking me if I was from Italy.  :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Seriously, that's the only way you'll really be told you've failed, if you swear, or get violent.