Should England fail to qualify from the group?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lampard had produced far more than Gerrard in an England shirt tbh.

can you quantify that Dave?

Do you mean statistically? I can't be bothered to look it up to be perfectly honest, I just feel far more let down by Gerrard over the years considering what he has done for Liverpool in the same timeframe.

Gerrard was worldclass against Germany 5-1. Apart from that neither Gerrard & Lampard have really done anything of note for me.

Short memory. Lampard was easily the driving force behind WC 06 qualification. Not to mention his excellent performances in Euro 04.

and when the major tournament games came around?

Do you mean statistically? I can't be bothered to look it up to be perfectly honest, I just feel far more let down by Gerrard over the years considering what he has done for Liverpool in the same timeframe.

well i'm the same but the other way, FL has scored 20+ goals in the PL for 5 seasons running

5 seasons

he couldn't hit a 10 yard pass against the states

domestic and international football are 2 different things

In what way?

Gerrard was worldclass against Germany 5-1. Apart from that neither Gerrard & Lampard have really done anything of note for me.

Short memory. Lampard was easily the driving force behind WC 06 qualification. Not to mention his excellent performances in Euro 04.

Read it again, Shakespeare.

Read it again, Shakespeare.

i don't recall a great FL performance from that tournament, i remember rooney being close to making himself a legend but that's all

hands up though, i might just have missed all the games FL ran

well i'm the same but the other way, FL has scored 20+ goals in the PL for 5 seasons running

5 seasons

he couldn't hit a 10 yard pass against the states

domestic and international football are 2 different things

In what way?

i answered it in another thread, essentially club teams being built around players and them failing to adapt when taken out of the comfort zone

if slovenia are going to park the bus then lampard is probably a better bet than gerrard. gerrard's most effective when he has loads of space to move into, when the game is played at a very high tempo. most of his goals come on the move, having 15 yards to run into or sprinting onto the end of a lay off or pass. power and strong forward running are his major strengths, but there simply won't be that space in the next game. lampard is a tad better when the game is played at a slower pace, a lot of his assists and goals are when he has half a yard on the edge of the box and he fires in a shot - maybe it'll get a deflection or two but he at least puts it into the right area.

The Lampard-Gerrard question isn't going to be as pressing for this match - it mainly matters when we are up against better possession sides who just strip us of the ball and pass us off the park, ie all those times under sven when teams like portugal would pin us back for 75 mins of a match and we'd barely string half a dozen passes together. we'll most likely have a lot of the ball and are going to need clever, technical players to break them open.

i'm not particularly relishing Upson and Terry dealing with their counter attacks mind, neither are particularly quick and Birsa will get a chance to hurt us.

For the record Lampard scored five goals in ten games in WC 2006 qualifying, and three goals in four games in Euro 2004. That's assuming he played all the games, which I really can't be arsed to look up. Gerrard scored two and one respectively.

For the record Lampard scored five goals in ten games in WC 2006 qualifying. Three goals in four games in Euro 2004.

How many weren't pens?

and how many weren't in the group stages?

One, in the first game we played in which we were eliminated.

For the record Lampard scored five goals in ten games in WC 2006 qualifying. Three goals in four games in Euro 2004.

How many weren't pens?

All but one.

7 pens from 8 goals?

Eh?

How many weren't pens?

Why would they be pens?

genuine question ronaldo; ignore defence and tell me your front 6 then

Not sure why you've quoted that post. Lampard wasn't our penalty taker in 2004.

Barry

Lennon  Lampard  Gerrard  Cole

Rooney

Barry

Lennon   Lampard   Gerrard   Cole

Rooney

neither am i

carrick sitting deep for me, and Lennon & SWP should be banished to the depths of whatever hell "run fast with no brain" takes you to, both should be plan c's not plan a's

carrick for barry and j cole for lennon and we're there, with either lampard or gerrard playing high up behind the striker

Barry

Rooney

Agree. Rooney's played his best football this season up on his own IIRC, and putting Heskey/Crouch up front just encourages us to smash it long hopelessly time and again. Give both Gerrard and Lampard free reign and just have a fucking go at them.

Barry

Lennon Lampard Gerrard Cole

Rooney

neither am i

carrick sitting deep for me, and Lennon & SWP should be banished to the depths of whatever hell "run fast with no brain" takes you to, both should be plan c's not plan a's

carrick for barry and j cole for lennon and we're there, with either lampard or gerrard playing high up behind the striker

Man Utd mate of mine reckons Carrick has been utter wank this season and shouldn't get a look in. Who would you play on the left btw?

Barry

Rooney

neither am i

Man Utd mate of mine reckons Carrick has been utter wank this season and shouldn't get a look in. Who would you play on the left btw?

we're too hung up on positions, play the players with the technical ability and intelligence to play football, that's it (within reason)..lampards chelsea play cole/malouda/anelka/drogba who all drift, works for them

carrick has had a hard season, but he's the best passer of the ball we have, the end he should start if fit

I'd have Carrick & Barry.  We need to do something to maintain possession.

Terry    Upson

Johnson                      A.Cole

Carrick   Barry

Gerrard Lampard J.Cole

Rooney