The other games today - 2010/11

clintdempsey

Where exactly are the Man City matchwinners? There's Tevez deep/out wide, Silva who's barely had a touch and SWP who is poo. Everyone else is a defensive player.

I've only just started watching but they look like an expensive version of Blackburn so far.

S'alreet man Milner will make all the difference :pow:

Definitely need more workman like midfielders.

Where exactly are the Man City matchwinners? There's Tevez deep/out wide, Silva who's barely had a touch and SWP who is poo. Everyone else is a defensive player.

I've only just started watching but they look like an expensive version of Blackburn so far.

Mancini loves defending, like. Times last season they were playing with 3 defensive midfielders.

I  just woke up so missed the first half, the commentators are keep going on about how great spuds were, but from what I've seen it's been all ManShitty.

Second half has been more even, but in the first Spurs could've had 4.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Mancini loves defending, like. Times last season they were playing with 3 defensive midfielders.

For all the pressure they've been under so far this game (and poor showing last season), the core of their set up is good. Just think its the attacking elements that don't blend together, which means the opposition get the ball back far too quickly. Be interesting to see how they performed with and without Bellamy, as I think he really makes a difference to City's play.

For all the pressure they've been under so far this game (and poor showing last season), the core of their set up is good. Just think its the attacking elements that don't blend together, which means the opposition get the ball back far too quickly. Be interesting to see how they performed with and without Bellamy, as I think he really makes a difference to City's play.

They'll get nowhere playing Tevez up top on his own like.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

SWP coming off, surely.

You'd think so, for the crap he's done on the ball, but really is the only player moving off the ball for City at the moment. Tevez drops deep, but Spurs are happy to pass him over to the midfield to look after. Johnson will come on and again he'll be the only player with any off the ball movement stretching and disrupting the back four of Spurs.

Clearly.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What was that?! Three City players making off the ball movements towards the ball?! Tevez is getting pissed off, think he much prefers to be the provider rather than the out and out striker.

It's been a f***ing slog for Tevez, like.

Yeah, like everyone says, a proper centre-forward would have made this more interesting. Would probably have left City exposed at the back though, with one less defensive midfielder.